Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Borla Cat-back Installed-Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2004 | 10:05 PM
|
Sedan
Borla Cat-back Installed-Sedan

My brother and I installed the Borla Cat-back exhaust system on my sedan today. It took us a total of about two hours with the majority of the time used to remove the stock unit. Installation of the Borla system was super easy. Quality and fitment was excellent.

The sound difference is not that drastic, which I was worried about. The exhaust note is lower and more “throaty” then before. Very little audible difference is noticed at idle. This system is NOT ricey at all. It sounds very nice.

I have not dyno’ed my car yet but with the Injen CAI and Borla exhaust working together it feels like I gained some ponies. Plus, the Borla exhaust is much lighter then the stock system, which helps I’m sure.

I will work on getting some sound bytes of the exhaust for anyone that is interested.

...Skeleton Cru

Old 02-09-2004 | 08:39 PM
G SQUAD
Re: Borla Cat-back Installed-Sedan

So where are the sound bytes?????

I heard the system online....and it did not sound much different than Stock....and I love the stock sound.....but I got a coupe....so I think my exhaust sounds more aggressive than the sedan....The sound bytes I heard were really close to the OEM on coupe.. The ingen exhaust sounds kinda sputtery at low RPM....I liked the Borla "close to stock" sound better...so when you get the sounds ...please post

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 02-10-2004 | 05:21 AM
|
Sedan

No one replied to my post so I thought no one was interested. I will work on it Thursday probably.

Old 02-10-2004 | 05:00 PM

I have sound clips and great photos of the entire install but the files are too large to post. I didn't realize that my digi cam was set to the highest resolution. I tried everything to re-size them but they are still way too big. OH well...

Old 02-10-2004 | 10:46 PM
G SQUAD

If you have or can get Adobe photoshop you can resize the image size and then save it as a .jpg and then it will ask you the compression rate (1-12) choose something to make the file download able size then post....if you dont have the program or need detailed instuctions please email me I can tell you how to do it....

Also they need to do something about the emails to this site ...you dont know if someone replies unless they click "reply" on your particular post...so its hard to know whats up or new posts to it....Or maybe you can check back someway.....if I'm wrong please educate me...otherwise i think that they need to upgrade that portion.....

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 02-10-2004 | 10:47 PM
G SQUAD

please do so skel.....thanks

Old 02-10-2004 | 11:25 PM

How is the sound while the engine is under load, or in other words, accelerating while under 4000rpms? Specifically, do you get the loud low frequency droning that I get with my Stillen under these conditions. Sounds great under idle and revving in neutral though, for little that is worth.

Old 02-11-2004 | 09:44 AM
|
Sedan

Yes I do have a low droning sound, but it's not that loud. Very noticeable but not distracting.

Old 02-11-2004 | 01:56 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod
Staff Alumni

How come no 1 was interested in my post about the borla? (Feeling left out) You guyz heard my clips and saw my pictures that i posted on imagestation? Search back to see my post! I have pics and sound clips there!

Old 02-11-2004 | 06:57 PM
|
Sedan

I was interested, sorry if I didn't post. I used your post's MPEGS to hear the exhaust before I bought my Borla.

...Skeleton Cru

Old 02-13-2004 | 02:02 AM
|
Sedan

OK, I captured some MPEG's of my Borla Cat-back exhaust (7 in all). Some inside and some outside of the car. I do not have a way to host them as of now but I think they are small enough to email. Hopefully I will be able to get them web hosted soon.

PM me or email me at skeletoncru@sbcglobal.net if you want to see them.