Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

About to be Amused

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Gorgeous!

Old 06-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stock G
G35pm, a couple of years ago, did you happen to slightly relocate/ more over-some your EVAP canister, prior to the installation???
A friend of mine actually installed it for me before I started doing my own work on the G. He might of pushed it over a bit, I know he took stuff out around it. I'll take a look when I get a chance. When I took the Amuse out and put a Fuji in, I know nothing was as close to the piping as in jonnylaw's pics. I have an 03 too, I think he has an 05. So there may be differences, especially after that fuel line TSB for 03-04.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35pm
A friend of mine actually installed it for me before I started doing my own work on the G. He might of pushed it over a bit, I know he took stuff out around it. I'll take a look when I get a chance. When I took the Amuse out and put a Fuji in, I know nothing was as close to the piping as in jonnylaw's pics. I have an 03 too, I think he has an 05. So there may be differences, especially after that fuel line TSB for 03-04.

No problem at all. Thanks alot for your time. The reason why I brought this topic back to life is because I will be having fun this weekend installing this gem onto my G. Other than the finish, quality, sounds, weight, etc.etc.etc..... not too many people has shared their experiences with the install, other than you and a few others(reading only-no reply at this time). Yes, it may have been 2 years ago, but sharing your experience/knowledge with me about the install of the R1, does give me an idea on what I will be dealing with this weekend.......know what i'm sayin'.

Again G35pm, thank you for your time and wish me luck.

Attached Thumbnails About to be Amused-bsdr2m-bgk-kgrhgoh-dgejlll1clobkdshvjfow-_1.jpg   About to be Amused-dsc000751.jpg  
Old 06-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
That exhaust is just the *****!!

Old 06-21-2009, 12:59 AM
No problem at all. Thanks alot for your time. The reason why I brought this topic back to life is because I will be having fun this weekend installing this gem onto my G. Other than the finish, quality, sounds, weight, etc.etc.etc..... not too many people has shared their experiences with the install, other than you and a few others(reading only-no reply at this time). Yes, it may have been 2 years ago, but sharing your experience/knowledge with me about the install of the R1, does give me an idea on what I will be dealing with this weekend.......know what i'm sayin'.

Again G35pm, thank you for your time and wish me luck.
Update..........amuse exhaust(titanium y-pipe/midpipe/A-body) is now installed. Exactly like "JonnyLaw"'s pictures and review he has stated, it is all true. I must say that the downfall, other than the $$$$ of this exhaust, was the installation.
As of the slight issue with the evap canister as questioned/concern, it is also true. Alittle improvising is strongly required when installing this yourself. Mmmm, I couldn't be specific of what I did to slightly move over some the evap canister away from the exhaust piping as much as possible(due to frustration), but the results is like JonnyLaw's pictures and how he & G35pm has explained.

After the install, as I was test driving it to be sure no check engine light will come on(due to messing with the evap canister) and any other usual surprises, not only I loved the sound and pull, but also it caused alot of attention on the street(appearance-wise).

Expensive.........definately.
Worth all the trouble(purchase/pass thru customs/install)........to me it definately was.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Offically, I am AMUSED!!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Here are a few pictures. The appearance is no different from the other G-coupe owner's. As mentioned, it is very light weight, especially the Y-pipe.
To me, only probably weighs like a Whopper with chesse.

As you can see in the last two pictures, the evap canister barely touches the exhaust piping, just barely enough clearance to avoid from being melted when the exhaust is hot. It is like I have said, Calvin, and G35pm........alittle bit of improvising when installing this exhaust, but in the end.......it is all worth it.

Like this and any other posts(Amuse R1 topic) from the past, I hope it does help for those future Amuse R1 owners who are planning to put this onto their G-coupe. This is my very first exhaust on this car from stock and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Attached Thumbnails About to be Amused-dsc00578.jpg   About to be Amused-dsc00579.jpg   About to be Amused-dsc00583.jpg   About to be Amused-dsc00581.jpg   About to be Amused-dsc00582.jpg  

Old 06-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
^sound clips!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
OMG those are some sick sick sick exhaust. I want one so bad.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:37 PM
I will be honest.........the sound to me is not like how it sounds on youtube(which definately does still give me goosebumps), but I like it. I believe it is because I am still running on stock cats/exhaust manifolds. However, to me,
it really does "compliment" the car and no drone in cabin, thru out the whole rpm range. Pls excuse my video. IT may be a teaser for most people, but it is all I can give away. What matters is how you hear it in person.

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=59360 912">Full Titanium cat-back(sound test)........</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=59360912,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=59360912,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=59360 492">Full Titanium cat-back(test drive)</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=59360492,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=59360492,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

Old 06-21-2009, 09:46 PM
I will be honest.........the sound to me is not like how it sounds on youtube(which definately does still give me goosebumps), but I like it. I believe it is because I am still running on stock cats/exhaust manifolds. However, to me,
it really does "compliment" the car and no drone in cabin, thru out the whole rpm range. Pls excuse my video. IT may be a teaser for most people, but it is all I can give away. What matters is how you hear it in person.

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=59360 912">Full Titanium cat-back(sound test)........</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=59360912,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=59360912,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=59360 492">Full Titanium cat-back(test drive)</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=59360492,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=59360492,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
-O HELLA OEM...... your request is granted.-
(my first and last give away).........

Old 06-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
instant sex

Old 06-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Topic re-born........
JonnyLaw, it has been over 2 years now. I would kindly like to know how your EVAP canister is holding up as this time since the installation of your beautiful Amuse R1.
Everything is holding up just fine. I haven't been driving very much, but the evap canister and exhaust are still in great condition. It would be nice to get some sort of shielding, especially in extremely hot/track days, but I gave up trying to fit a custom hield shield. I might replace/reapply the cool it tape if it looks worn next time my car is on the rack.

I also just recently went in for emissions testing and had no problems passing

Enjoy the exhaust!

Old 06-23-2009, 12:02 AM
I am enjoying it very much. Thank you for your update about your evap canister. Again, I just had to find out how it's holding up, reguardless how old the topic is.

And congrats on passing emissions with flying colors. I doubt I will have issues as well when my time comes.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Law to the Rence
instant sex
To me honestly, it's more exactly like Love-making. That's just my opinion.