Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

About to be Amused

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About to be Amused

So after ARC refused my exhaust order after 6 months of waiting, I ordered an Amuse R1 Titan exhaust for the cpv35 (not the Z as the G's b pipe and tips are slightly larger) through a japanese vendor. It took 1.5 months to make and is currently in the air on its way to me via express air (should have it in 2-3 days). It will be mated to a tanabe y-pipe

The vendor was nice enough to take pictures of my actual exhaust (which they also used for their site, since this is the first amuse exhaust they have ordered). Here are the pictures of the exhaust. It will be installed next Monday.

I will take installed shots, as well as posting a video or sound clip as well. This will complete my breathing modifications (until the HKS gt sc comes out---muwhahahah). quality looks top notch--lemme know what you think. I know there a quite a few z's with the Amuse, but am not aware of anyone with one specifically made for the cpv35 (g35 coupe). If there is a G coupe on here with one speak up I hope it sounds well with my other breather mods (hopefully not too loud )

Old 12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
I knew it. Why did ARC reject your order?

BTW, why not the y-pipe with cat deletes?

Both Meechin and Martyg35 have this exhaust right now.

Here is Dru's (Meechin's) review:

https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust/175534-afterthoughts-amuse-powerhouse-exhaust.html

G35pm, 2001Z71, and AboostedG used to have it as well.

http://media.putfile.com/Amuse-WOT-at-the-track

http://media.putfile.com/Amuse-civil-rpms

http://media.putfile.com/Amuse_G35-WOT

Last edited by Calvin; 12-04-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the links Hero! Glad some other G owners have the Amuse. I might have to ask them for advice on the evac relocation--as this may pose a problem. Any tips would be appreciated

I tried to order the Amuse y-pipe with cat delete, but it was discontinued--apparently it has been non-orderable for quite some time now (1+ year I believe). I almost ordered the Top Secret y pipe (Which btw is also discontinued--but TS was willing to make me a custom one). I passed on the offer though due to the high price ($1400) and lack of flex joints. Apparently the cost of titanium has increased 3X recently in Japan, a likely reason why many of these titan y-pipes have been discontinued.

The ARC fiasco is a long story. The order was placed with mynismo.com, who then placed the order through Mackin (official U.S. distributor). It was custom as the ARC cpv35 single path exhaust had been discontinued in the 07 catalogue. But, the FORMER, lol, Mackin employee claimed that ARC japan still had the jigs for the exhaust and they agreeed to order it for me-I paid $2600.

After a few months, I inquired about the exhaust. No one knew what was up with it. Then Mackin claimed it was on its way via freight--but this was not true as it was not on its manifest. Then they claimed it would take 2 more weeks and they would air freight it to me at their cost b/c of their f*kup (Mackin rarely does this)

Turns out, the guy at Mackin that handled the ARC orders had "sat" on my order for 2+ months, lied to his superiors, and when Mackin found out about this, they fired him. ARC japan then refused to make my exhaust b/c they no longer had the jigs for the g exhaust and could not justify the cost of making me one from scratch (even though I have like every other ARC piece for the G).

This really pissed me off considering I was informed of ARC japan's refusal 6 months AFTER I paid for it

In reality, in was Mackin's fault, in particular that one employee, and not mynismo's fault. Andy and Eddie were very accomodating and promptly refunded my money (after offering to order the ARC exhaust for the Z and then having the parts rewelded by a titan welder in socal to fit my car--this was kind of him, but not what I wanted). But, I guess that's what you get when ordering rare JDM parts.

So, I then ordered the AMUSE, which was a tad bit cheaper than the ARC and it looks better to me, even though I like the tip style of the ARC a little bit more.

Hero--any links for tips on relocating the evap canister--I need to inform my tech of this issue. I will also have the ece reflashed a 2x by Tsquare. Thx for the help.

Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
I knew it. Why did ARC reject your order?

BTW, why not the y-pipe with cat deletes?

Both Meechin and Martyg35 have this exhaust right now.

Here is Dru's (Meechin's) review:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175534

G35pm, 2001Z71, and AboostedG used to have it as well.

http://media.putfile.com/Amuse-WOT-at-the-track

http://media.putfile.com/Amuse-civil-rpms

http://media.putfile.com/Amuse_G35-WOT

Last edited by jonnylaw; 12-04-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Overglorified Altima
Unfortunately, no. However, either Meechin or Martyg35 would be more than willing to help you out with that, I'm sure. I'll see if I can hit one of them up and point them in this direction to chime in.

I've seen/heard this exhaust in person. You won't be disappointed.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
Unfortunately, no. However, either Meechin or Martyg35 would be more than willing to help you out with that, I'm sure. I'll see if I can hit one of them up and point them in this direction to chime in.
Many thx hero!

Old 12-05-2007, 03:52 PM
just delivered. Holy sh*t I'm happy.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
just delivered. Holy sh*t I'm happy.
I can only imagine...

Old 12-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Awesome exhasut. I know that had to cost some $$$. But post some sound clips when you get it.!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:17 AM
More pic's

crazy japanese newspaper packing material:

Tanabe y-pipe

Should I place this sticker on the upper left corner of the trunk area (opposite the g35 tag) like this (but on the other side), or would that be "rice":

Last edited by jonnylaw; 12-06-2007 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:19 AM
car goes to shop on Monday--should get it back by the end of next week (also getting a 2nd tsquare reflash). Then I'll be sure to take installed pics and post a sound clip or two.

Still unsure of whether I should relocate the evap canister OR just remove the metal shield, shave the corner of the evap canister and insulate with heat wrap I've heard different opinions and seen different setups...dunno which is the better/safer way to do it.

Last edited by jonnylaw; 12-06-2007 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:20 AM
Overglorified Altima
Like this?

Old 12-06-2007, 03:34 AM
^^yes--although the sticker that came with mine is mad yellow with grey, i think it look ok, no hero? I mean, it's just a decal that can come off laters...

Also, having some difficulty deciding b/w relocating the evap canister or just removing the metal shield, shaving the corner and insulating the canister and lines...

I hope this isn't going to be too loud with headers and HFC's--hoping for the best

Old 12-06-2007, 04:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice. Beautiful.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:26 AM
I only had to take the shield out for the evap, didn't have to shave anything either. The canister stayed put.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:15 AM
that's just silly to pay that much for an exhaust

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: About to be Amused