Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

MREV2+ MD Spacer 5/16 on a NON-REV?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile MREV2+ MD Spacer 5/16 on a NON-REV?

Hi folks,
I dont know if I am in the right forum, i just tried to find engine and I couldn't find the right forum.
Mods please move it to the right place if needed =)

I took this information from a guy that was selling this a MREV2.

"The average power gains on a 260 or 280hp motor (non-rev-up) are better than the 5/16" spacer. This modification increases power across a very wide rpm range. The MREV2 should be used without a spacer on the standard engine, unless fuel/ECU modifications have been performed as it may cause the engine to run lean"

I have a 04 G35 sedan my red line starts at 6,5 .. is my motor non rev ?
If so, I that means I can't use a MREV2 + Spacer combo ??

What does "unless fuel/ECU modifications have been performed as it may cause the engine to run lean" mean?

Thanks.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
for the non-rev up it's better(performance wise) to just get the MREV2 than just the 5/16 spacer. ya can't do both w/out tuning because it'll open up more flow than ur motor can burn off. the MREV2 will give you only slightly less top-end HP gains but much more mid-range HP + TQ. the only thing is the spacer is 1/2 the price as the lower plenum and installs in 1/2 the time... so if money is an issue then just get the spacer. if performance in priority #1, then get the MREV2. you can always through the spacer one later when ya get some tuning done.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Oh i see isee ...
But when you say tuning, Do I need to buy any other parts? or just take to mechanic to tune my car?

u said MREV2 will give more mid-range hp and tq right? but i will have some loss at the top-end.

The G's are very weak at low-mid range =(
But between a spacer and mrev. is there a BIG difference?

thanks bro'

Old 08-13-2008, 01:12 PM
you don't need to buy anything new you can just get ur sock ECU reflashed/tuned. i got mine tuned at Technosquare up in Torrance.

no you won't loose top-end, you just won't gain as much w/just the MREV2 compared to just the spacer.

a BIG difference? for the money yes, but it's not gonna feel like FI or anything. i've been lookin' into upgrading my final drive up to a 3.7 ring and pinion and(from what i hear) it gives the 5AT sedan a real kick in the pants.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
for the non-rev up it's better(performance wise) to just get the MREV2 than just the 5/16 spacer. ya can't do both w/out tuning because it'll open up more flow than ur motor can burn off. the MREV2 will give you only slightly less top-end HP gains but much more mid-range HP + TQ. the only thing is the spacer is 1/2 the price as the lower plenum and installs in 1/2 the time... so if money is an issue then just get the spacer. if performance in priority #1, then get the MREV2. you can always through the spacer one later when ya get some tuning done.
I think you got it backwards. For the non-rev, the spacer is much better. The MREV on a non-Rev WILL work but the gains are much smaller than with a Rev up motoro. If you have to pick one, get the spacer (see the dynos for info), if you get both on the non-rev, it's probably okay w/o a tune.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Let me see If I get it =p
difference between spacer and mrev2? YES, mrev2 is better right?
But for the money a spacer would be better for now w/o tuning, and after I could get a MREV and take to technosquare and tune the mrev2+spacer.
right?
=D

I have a g35 sedan5AT, just put on AEM sri intake and grounding kit.

im looking for more power w/o going FI =p

any tips ?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:37 PM
^^
I have the same question for my 05 autotragic coupe.
From what I understand, it is better to go for a spacer.
Then, mrev.. but that will require tuning.

Trending Topics

Old 08-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Foques
^^
I have the same question for my 05 autotragic coupe.
From what I understand, it is better to go for a spacer.
Then, mrev.. but that will require tuning.
^^
Thanks for those guys that helped us

Im going for 5/16" spacer for low-mid range hp and tq.
then mrev2 upgrade + tuning =D

thanks guys !

Old 08-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I think you got it backwards. For the non-rev, the spacer is much better. The MREV on a non-Rev WILL work but the gains are much smaller than with a Rev up motoro. If you have to pick one, get the spacer (see the dynos for info), if you get both on the non-rev, it's probably okay w/o a tune.
for non-rev. spacer is way better.

Mrev will cost you like wut...300?400? its not worth it for non rev.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
from the MD website...

MREV 2 Manifold:

The Motordyne MREV 2 Manifold is high-torque plenum mod designed for use on any VQ engine.

When used with a 5/16" spacer on the REVUP engine, every test to date shows MREV 2 Manifold will add a "minimum" of 15+ HP and 18+ TQ at 4500 RPM. MREV 2 Manifold is easily the single most effective bolt on modification available for the REVUP VQ engine.

When used with on the non-REVUP engine, the gains are very similar to that of the 5/16" spacer but the MREV 2 Manifold will show a slightly lower peak value, with a slightly higher average value and a slightly higher TQ value. Overall, MREV 2 Manifold provides "area under the curve" and is the highest gain plenum mod available.

Last edited by SDGenius; 08-13-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by hankookstyle
for non-rev. spacer is way better.

Mrev will cost you like wut...300?400? its not worth it for non rev.
But after putting a Spacer 5/16. a mrev2 combo will be way better?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:50 PM
just stick to what i told you... i wasn't mixed up.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
from the MD website...

MREV 2 Manifold:

The Motordyne MREV 2 Manifold is high-torque plenum mod designed for use on any VQ engine.

When used with a 5/16" spacer on the REVUP engine, every test to date shows MREV 2 Manifold will add a "minimum" of 15+ HP and 18+ TQ at 4500 RPM. MREV 2 Manifold is easily the single most effective bolt on modification available for the REVUP VQ engine.

When used with on the non-REVUP engine, the gains are very similar to that of the 5/16" spacer but the MREV 2 Manifold will show a slightly lower peak value, with a slightly higher average value and a slightly higher TQ value. Overall, MREV 2 Manifold provides "area under the curve" and is the highest gain plenum mod available.
You won't get spacer hp + spacer hp when you use the spacer and MREV on a non-rev up.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:53 PM
bump

Old 08-13-2008, 01:54 PM
You won't get spacer hp + spacer hp when you use the spacer and MREV on a non-rev up.
i know, i said that in an earlier post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MREV2+ MD Spacer 5/16 on a NON-REV?