Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

New intake choice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
New intake choice

Saw this on MY350z and don't know if it has been posted here. The kit seems to have a pretty good heat shield (kinda like JWT but goes around the whole filter) that looks like it seals against the hood. They make a dry replacement filter for the Pop Charger also. A vendor on MY350Z was selling them for around $400, kinda pricey for an untested product.

http://www.r2cperformance.com/perfor...r-filters.html

Old 09-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
hmm... could be good

Old 09-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
thats either a huge filter or small heatshield...I would think a proper volume of air around the filter would be benefitial, also it looks like it only uses the front air duct inlet area of the OEM system, it does not seem to use the side duct at all.

I would get the AFE system instead, bigger heatshield/vilter volume and it uses the OEM inlet areas and has a similar seal design (using the hood).

Old 09-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
nice find!!! I'm seriously considering getting the Stillen replacement filter... I've been looking for a re-usable dry filter, but I cant find the right size… the paper one on that site might be what I go with... I wonder how much they are?

Old 09-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
nice find!!! I'm seriously considering getting the Stillen replacement filter... I've been looking for a re-usable dry filter, but I cant find the right size… the paper one on that site might be what I go with... I wonder how much they are?
This place sells them for $65, they are a sponsor on MY350Z.

http://www.importpartspro.com/r2cpepoairfi.html

Old 09-06-2008, 10:37 PM
^^^ nice! Thanks

Old 09-07-2008, 04:08 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
As far as the intake system itself (not referring to the filter replacement), it doesn't have a proper heat shield. Which just makes it worse than stock.

Nice find though.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
As far as the intake system itself (not referring to the filter replacement), it doesn't have a proper heat shield. Which just makes it worse than stock.

Nice find though.

Look under the Maxflow air intake tab and it shows the heat shield, filter and the intake tube it comes with. Powerflow air intake tab shows the filter and heatshield. Powerflow air filter shows just the filter. It looks like a decent heat shield, no better or worse than Stillen, but better than JWT.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 5150DS
Look under the Maxflow air intake tab and it shows the heat shield, filter and the intake tube it comes with. Powerflow air intake tab shows the filter and heatshield. Powerflow air filter shows just the filter. It looks like a decent heat shield, no better or worse than Stillen, but better than JWT.
That heat shild will be useless. The best heat shield there has been to date is the stock airbox. The Stillen comes close, but it still has a few flaws. It's atleast a much better effort than the JWT & this Maxflow heat shield though.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heat shield

The shield works fine. It seals against the hood and conforms to the inner fender. The access through the core support will provide plenty of air. You can retain the insert and trim or simply remove it. Flow around the filter was measured. The unique tube design is specifically engineered for the car rather than simply buying a round piece of tubing and using a mandrel. Plus the filter has extremely low restriction levels at any point of loading and it provides the best engine protection of any performance filter and no oil or cleaners are ever required.
Arsenal

Old 09-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by Augie22
The shield works fine. It seals against the hood and conforms to the inner fender. The access through the core support will provide plenty of air. You can retain the insert and trim or simply remove it. Flow around the filter was measured. The unique tube design is specifically engineered for the car rather than simply buying a round piece of tubing and using a mandrel. Plus the filter has extremely low restriction levels at any point of loading and it provides the best engine protection of any performance filter and no oil or cleaners are ever required.
Arsenal

Hi,
It’s nice to see new parts for the G. What's really going to influence my buying decision is Dyno #’s stock vs. modded / back to back. I’m currently running a Ztube / K&N drop-in but would switch if the dyno #’s showed some benefit.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:25 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
looks pretty nice

Old 09-10-2008, 09:49 AM
PFE
R2C Performance Intake System G35/G37

Thanks for your comments and interest. Thank you as well for posting the drawing.

As we began the design and engineering of this new system, it was vital that we looked at each area of measured performance. We design, engineer and manufacturer our filters rather than buy from a filter supplier. Having this capability, along with a testing lab in our facility, provided an opportunity to spend a great deal of time in an effort to eliminate or mitigate the compromises owners faced with current OEM and aftermarket performance products. We did evaluate almost every viable oiled cotton gauze and synthetic competitive product to determine a performance baseline and realize what shortcomings existed. After many months of design and testing, including on the track, we were able to meet or exceed our goals.

Each R2C filter/system delivers:

The lowest restriction levels across the entire life of the filter
Unmatched engine protection
The higest levels of efficiency both clean and loaded (dirty)
The best dust holding capability
Easy to clean and maintain using low pressure compressed air. No cleaners or oiling required.
Lasts as long as the car

In terms of horsepower, torque and throttle response, we were able to reduce inlet restriction when compared to other performance filters and systems by a significant margin. The tube design was critical. By examining overall shape, each facet and transition, we were able to reduce tube restriction by up to 60%. We have test results comparing the R2C performance against many of the popular filters.

This is not a new area of development for us. We have been involved in designing and manufacturing sophisticated, severe duty military intake systems and filters for decades. You can have confidence that if we produced a system or filter for a specific application, it was based on a significant improvement in overall performance. Without meeting that standard, a product will not be manufactured.

Attached Thumbnails New intake choice-cai-10500-marketing-photo-2.jpg  
Old 09-10-2008, 01:54 PM
the pic above is a Z... the Z doesn’t have the intake snorkel that we have on the G... I wouldn’t lose the snorkel as I believe it helps with ram air (definitely cold air from grille)...

I am strongly considering the filter though - a might give the tube a shot... I wonder if it would mate up to the Stillen air box?

Old 09-10-2008, 02:30 PM
PFE
R2C Performance

Thanks OCG35.

We retained the air inlet above the core support on the Infiniti G35 applications. It's not an ideal air source but it can't hurt.

The tube will not adapt to any other aftermarket products that I'm aware of.

If you would like to see actual lab test results comparing the R2C with JWT, Stillen/K&N or others, let me know.

Regards,
PFE

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New intake choice