Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Crawford Headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:00 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
WOW Mike, can't wait to see what gains you get from those mods. Also you vs Vlad on the track at the next Street Legals will be fun to watch!

Old 10-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Mike.

I may be able to make it out for that. I would need to see if I could crash at someone's house Friday and Saturday nights and get the time off work but it might happen.

In fact, if I am going to be out there, I want to do a photoshoot one day too. Hmmmmm

Old 10-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
WOW Mike, can't wait to see what gains you get from those mods. Also you vs Vlad on the track at the next Street Legals will be fun to watch!
If he gains more than 15 hp im fvcked.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Mike.

I may be able to make it out for that. I would need to see if I could crash at someone's house Friday and Saturday nights and get the time off work but it might happen.

In fact, if I am going to be out there, I want to do a photoshoot one day too. Hmmmmm
I got dibs to ride in ur car!

Old 10-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
If he choose the right cams, it will probably be a lot more than 15whp. The issue might be his lowend power which is almost always compromised when you add the typical aftermarket cams. Your best bet will be to run him from a stop. In a roll race, it might not be pretty, especially if he's choosen to go with some deep breathing cams that allow the motor to breath into the 7500rpm range.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:09 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Mike.

LOL, we were thinking the same thing, already sent you a PM Grant, Cal and I would have a blast shooting your ride!

Last edited by CandlestickPark; 10-10-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:19 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Mike.

Tim! you probably already read your PM - but I didnt think of the photoshoot thing (aside fronm event)... I have an idea about detail and shoot...

Old 10-11-2008, 03:21 AM
LOL, we were thinking the same thing, already sent you a PM Grant, Cal and I would have a blast shooting your ride!
OOOhhhh Weeee NICE!!!!

Marcus - I'll keep you in the loop... got some other ideas...

Old 10-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Nice Mike. You're going to have a pretty damn quick G35.

I will have to get a few races going on against you at our next event. I'm curious to see how much of a difference an almost full NA + tuned revup does against a full NA + tune + cammed non-revup.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:36 AM
Smile Thanks for the responses - here are replies

Originally Posted by Dsskyline
Mike,

Your not wasting anytime with your new performance mods. How long for the install?

I think with the headers and cams you will be over or close to 300 for sure on shawn's dyno your already at 270-275.

PM me how much for the headers.
That’s what I’m hoping secretly... (well not anymore) I’m hoping for 30 hp similar trq… we'll see. Even if that's close, the cost/benefit is kooky… but gotta do watcha gotta do to be fastest NA AT sedan (I think I already am though)... who knows, this could be a complete BUST???!!!

Originally Posted by codeflux
these welds don't look any worse than the welds on my crawford headers - over 3 years on the car, no problems so far.
Hmmmm - I wish I could use your mention. But since you havent seen these welds I guess neither of us have a point.

Originally Posted by codeflux
btw, you do know they're gonna have to jack the engine up to get these in, right?
pulling the entire motor. Lots of things happening.

What Cams did you get?
JWT – thanks to Derek for smokin' deal!! Visited with Jim Wolf a couple weeks ago – WOW what a great guy and uncommonly knowledgable! He took a bunch of time to scope out the cams and explain a sh!tload to me!!!! WOW what a trip!!!! I felt like a grade-schooler on a field trip

meh… Vlad was a fun challenge. He hasn’t beat me as is.

Originally Posted by Klubbheads
you’re phucked

Originally Posted by DaveB
If he choose the right cams, it will probably be a lot more than 15whp. The issue might be his lowend power which is almost always compromised when you add the typical aftermarket cams. Your best bet will be to run him from a stop. In a roll race, it might not be pretty, especially if he's choosen to go with some deep breathing cams that allow the motor to breath into the 7500rpm range.
already thought of this... thats why I'm using Crawford headers... he's phucked.

I hope to see a bunch of you guys at the Church/UpRev/NissanSport Dyno Day!

Old 10-11-2008, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Nice Mike. You're going to have a pretty damn quick G35.

I will have to get a few races going on against you at our next event. I'm curious to see how much of a difference an almost full NA + tuned revup does against a full NA + tune + cammed non-revup.

why are you guys acting like this car wasnt fast before this mod project?....

Has anyone beat this NA AT sedan in a 1/4? Ever?

Old 10-11-2008, 03:41 AM
Retired SuperMod
I wasn't trying to imply anything Mike. It's just that in our oh-so many trips to the drag strip, I don't think I've ever ran against you.

You and Wally were pretty neck to neck back then. I've only had a chance to see Wally's tailights during past events...all the time

Old 10-11-2008, 03:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
why are you guys acting like this car wasnt fast before this mod project?....

Has anyone beat this NA AT sedan in a 1/4? Ever?
but not in the 1/4

edit: Can't wait to see the added goodies perform at the Auto Club. Looks like you're having an early Christmas huh? sweet!

Old 10-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
I wasn't trying to imply anything Mike. It's just that in our oh-so many trips to the drag strip, I don't think I've ever ran against you.

You and Wally were pretty neck to neck back then. I've only had a chance to see Wally's tailights during past events...all the time

Henry, Henry, Henry... I'll let Vlad or Wally post up...

Wally did catch me towards the end of his run when he still had the car - we were close at Irwindale... but there has never been a close race together in a 1/4 mile.

Vlad was the only one other than me earlier this year with a 14.1+ but that was against Alan... against me he had his usual "miss-shift"

I luv ya bro... but between me, Vlad, and Wally, you know you haven’t run to call me out.

Vlad has a fast car - he and I know it... we are close as is... we respect each others proven times against each other and shared time slips...

We welcome you - and you know I've been encouraging you! But don’t call me out without warrant.

Do you think you would have run better than Wally or Vald against me?

Old 10-11-2008, 03:59 AM
Retired SuperMod
You must be reading something im not, because I've never called you out. Not sure how you're interpreting my posts, but there's no underlying meaning to them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crawford Headers