Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Crawford Headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by WaLLy
but not in the 1/4

edit: Can't wait to see the added goodies perform at the Auto Club. Looks like you're having an early Christmas huh? sweet!
I shoulda planned for a Challenger SRT8 Christmas

Next year maybe... first year car is no bueno anyway...

What are you driving these days?... We can "possibly" make one exception at the Church dyno day

Old 10-11-2008, 04:19 AM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
You must be reading something im not, because I've never called you out. Not sure how you're interpreting my posts, but there's no underlying meaning to them.
Sorry Henry, I wasn’t scrappin' with ya... I was reading all the recent posts at the same time... and read Marcus’ interest in how I'd run against Vlad and then your post about how you would run after this project... back to back I was thinking: "how is this so different from what’s happened before"...

Anyway - thanks for the encouragement... maybe its all for not. I guess the one thing that sux is that if my goals are met; the previous success will be nullified because people will now reference cams & headers...

Oh well...

Old 10-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
OCG35-

Are you making sure your low and midrange isn't compromised with the cams? Loosing just 15whp in the 2500-5000rpm range could prove to be extremely detrimental to your 1/4 mile acceleration, even if you gained 30-40whp from 6000-7500rpms. It is sweet to see someone going as far as they can with basically stock (internally) VQ35DE 5AT.

One of these days you need to take a day off and go up to Sacramento and race there. That track is quick and would give a better reference of how your car compares to others across the nation.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
wouldn't the headers take care of what he might lose down low?

DaveB did you get your 06 airbox yet?

Old 10-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
OCG35-

Are you making sure your low and midrange isn't compromised with the cams? Loosing just 15whp in the 2500-5000rpm range could prove to be extremely detrimental to your 1/4 mile acceleration, even if you gained 30-40whp from 6000-7500rpms. It is sweet to see someone going as far as they can with basically stock (internally) VQ35DE 5AT.

One of these days you need to take a day off and go up to Sacramento and race there. That track is quick and would give a better reference of how your car compares to others across the nation.
Yeah, I weighed it heavily Dave... this whole quest is to see if what I'm hoping will work actual does... The reason I'm using Crawford headers is for the exact reason you mention - hopefully I don’t lose low end... the S2 cams are very mild and specifically designed for moderate gains across the entire rmp range - I spoke to JWT and Crawford (as well as tuner, builders and a previous Nissan engineer) before going this route...

If there is a chance for this to work, I think I'm doing everything right - but until its done I guess we just don't know.

BTW, there are a few internals that are being upgraded as well... this isn’t all on stock OEM VQDE... not built, bored, port & polished or any of that - just safeguards primarily for higher rev limit...

As for getting on another track, you’re right… one of these days I’ll have to get to one. I guess last night I got a bit riled up by the local guys that didn’t quite mention how well the car has done even prior to this…

Old 10-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
I shoulda planned for a Challenger SRT8 Christmas

Next year maybe... first year car is no bueno anyway...

What are you driving these days?... We can "possibly" make one exception at the Church dyno day
The Challenger is a beast! Can't wait 'til you get one to ride in one!

I'm driving my brothers' M3 whenever I do need it. Only 2 days (for school), and whenever I do work I just roll with my cousin since we work in the same company anywho. I can't get a car loan since my mom and I have too many car loans under our name, they don't wanna give me another one Either way, I decided to wait since I'm only driving a car for 2 days, so I don't see a point having one right now besides my wifes' EX of course.

And I'll be happy to come but I wont do a dyno on the M since it aint getting any goodies to begin with

Mike, when are you gonna be getting the G back from the shop? Are you gonna be going to Irwindale anytime soon after that?

Old 10-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
You guys are making me want to FI even more

246whp @ church NA

Old 10-11-2008, 10:18 PM
The Challenger is a beast! Can't wait 'til you get one to ride in one!

I'm driving my brothers' M3 whenever I do need it. Only 2 days (for school), and whenever I do work I just roll with my cousin since we work in the same company anywho. I can't get a car loan since my mom and I have too many car loans under our name, they don't wanna give me another one Either way, I decided to wait since I'm only driving a car for 2 days, so I don't see a point having one right now besides my wifes' EX of course.

And I'll be happy to come but I wont do a dyno on the M since it aint getting any goodies to begin with

Mike, when are you gonna be getting the G back from the shop? Are you gonna be going to Irwindale anytime soon after that?
car goes in this Monday, back next Monday - straight to Shawns for tune... so if all goes as planned I'l be ready after that

Old 10-11-2008, 10:35 PM
base lined at Shawn's today 277 on 91 octane in performance map... I took a vid for before and after sound pre and post headers (I thought Derek suggested that here, but cant find it, might have been somewhere else)... I'll post the pre and post headers clips when its all done.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Yeah, I weighed it heavily Dave... this whole quest is to see if what I'm hoping will work actual does... The reason I'm using Crawford headers is for the exact reason you mention - hopefully I don’t lose low end... the S2 cams are very mild and specifically designed for moderate gains across the entire rmp range - I spoke to JWT and Crawford (as well as tuner, builders and a previous Nissan engineer) before going this route...

If there is a chance for this to work, I think I'm doing everything right - but until its done I guess we just don't know.

BTW, there are a few internals that are being upgraded as well... this isn’t all on stock OEM VQDE... not built, bored, port & polished or any of that - just safeguards primarily for higher rev limit...

As for getting on another track, you’re right… one of these days I’ll have to get to one. I guess last night I got a bit riled up by the local guys that didn’t quite mention how well the car has done even prior to this…
Sounds like a solid plan. Good luck.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
base lined at Shawn's today 277 on 91 octane in performance map... I took a vid for before and after sound pre and post headers (I thought Derek suggested that here, but cant find it, might have been somewhere else)... I'll post the pre and post headers clips when its all done.

it was in a pm. how much torque? can you post up the dyno sheet

Old 10-12-2008, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car goes in this Monday, back next Monday - straight to Shawns for tune... so if all goes as planned I'l be ready after that
Sweet! I'll be happy to go to Irwindale whenever you're ready (with a day's notice of course)

Old 10-12-2008, 03:07 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Did someone say Irwindale?

I saw high 50's tonight for the first time in a long time!

Old 10-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
it was in a pm. how much torque? can you post up the dyno sheet
I didnt keep the sheet since I'm going back next Monday for tune... Shawn keeps all the files, I'll post the before and after when its all done...

Trq was about the same as a yr ago (maybe a little higher this time... peak was 255 - mean avg was 240... the weird thing is my highest dynos last yrs were with 105 race gas... this time is was comperable with 91 pump gas... so I'm curiuous to see what it will do with race gas after the install... here are last years sheets - yesteerday was pretty much the same (I'll post yesterdays sheet with the new one after everything is done)

Last edited by OCG35; 10-12-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Sweet! I'll be happy to go to Irwindale whenever you're ready (with a day's notice of course)
Street legals is running at Fontana Sat & Sun Nov 1 & 2 and Dec 6 & 7

I still need to find out about the private event... I asked last week and it was still in limbo... forgot to ask yesterday... I'll ask Monday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crawford Headers