Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Exhaust thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2008 | 02:39 AM
|
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
Joker is still too smart to get caught yo!
You got to quit blowing that horn V.

I know my ****

I was pulled over once for loud exhaust (on a G) and even tho cop wanted to give me a ticket he could not.

If confronted properly they cant do **** unless there are evidence.

Old 10-24-2008 | 02:41 AM
Getting the ticket & getting caught are two different things. IMO it's not worth the hassle of getting pulled over & going to court if you have to. JMO.

Old 10-24-2008 | 02:43 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by JOKER
it does not matter what you smell or what you see. you need evidence to prove it.
If you know your rights you'll never get a ticket for it.

Cop cannot charge you with something he has no evidence on.
Even if he does puts a mirror under your car. Is he some kind of expert on cats? Does he know how cats should look like? Does he even know what cats are?
So in reality the only thing that cop can do is order you to go get tested. But there is no way he can give you a ticket for no cats or even any other mod on your car simply because they are not trained in that field and therefor have no knowledge about it.
That is how this ticket will be treated in court but if you know your **** you can treat it same way on the street.
He can give you a state ref ticket, which is still a ticket, where you will need to have the car tested and inspected.

But if you want test pipes, then go for it. I'm not saying you will get caught and you will get a ticket for sure. But it is a possibility (same goes for HFCs).

Old 10-24-2008 | 02:49 AM
|
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by SpeedNStylez_JL
Yup...its pretty bad, heres the story:

I had a test pipe and the invidia G200 exhaust installed on my car. Having the test pipes is just asking to get pulled over. So friday night im at ontario mills I get pulled over and the cop just gives me a "loud exhaust" ticket. Then monday morning in city of industry on valley blvd on my way to work a cop follows me for a good 5 minutes then pulls me over and says that he can smell the fumes coming outta my car and that he knows i have no cats he then gets checks under my car and then writes me a ticket having my catalytic converters removed so I just put everything back to stock and need to get it checked by a state ref...

im pretty scared of what the fine will be when i go to court
On a loud exhaust.
When I got pulled over for that I asked him what were my decibel levels.
Of course he could not answer that.
He told me that it sounded too loud.
I told him that it had a stock exhaust and he is probably mistaken and asked him again if he got a reading of it.
Realizing that he could not do **** he simply let me go

On the cats I would ask him if he has some kind of a device which measures where smell or fumes are coming from and how was he able to determine that it was fumes coming from my car and not from under his hood or any other car.
After him looking under the car and telling me that I have no cats I would insure him that it is a stock exhaust system and ask him if he have gone through a specific Infiniti exhaust training that he is able to tell if I do or don't have cats.

Even if you end up getting a ticket that's not all.
You battle continues in court.
You need to confuse the cop as much as you can. Cuz in court it's you against what he wrote. And if cop got no training in the field that he thinks you committed violation it is same as your milk man giving you tax advices.
That **** don't fly.

Old 10-24-2008 | 02:50 AM
|
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
Getting the ticket & getting caught are two different things. IMO it's not worth the hassle of getting pulled over & going to court if you have to. JMO.
Might as well stay home then.

кто не рискует то не пьёт шампанское!

Last edited by JOKER; 10-24-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Old 10-24-2008 | 03:11 AM
Jic Spartan Single Exhaust Ftw!!!!

Old 10-24-2008 | 03:17 AM
Overglorified Altima
On a loud exhaust.
When I got pulled over for that I asked him what were my decibel levels.
Of course he could not answer that.
He told me that it sounded too loud.
I told him that it had a stock exhaust and he is probably mistaken and asked him again if he got a reading of it.
Realizing that he could not do **** he simply let me go

On the cats I would ask him if he has some kind of a device which measures where smell or fumes are coming from and how was he able to determine that it was fumes coming from my car and not from under his hood or any other car.
After him looking under the car and telling me that I have no cats I would insure him that it is a stock exhaust system and ask him if he have gone through a specific Infiniti exhaust training that he is able to tell if I do or don't have cats.

Even if you end up getting a ticket that's not all.
You battle continues in court.
You need to confuse the cop as much as you can. Cuz in court it's you against what he wrote. And if cop got no training in the field that he thinks you committed violation it is same as your milk man giving you tax advices.
That **** don't fly.
maybe things are different over there, because a cop doesn't need to tell you how loud your car is to give you a ticket in CA.

* Exhaust systems which meet smog requirements but are still too loud. Exhaust equipment that states it is, "Legal in all 50 states," refers to smog, not noise.
* Note: New law (27150.2 VC) does not require law enforcement to use sound level meters to test for excessive noise. Citation is based on officer's judgment. Cited violators may have testing done at smog referee stations or may be directed by the court to have testing done. Vehicles in violation must be brought into compliance. A fine may also be imposed.

Old 10-24-2008 | 03:20 AM
is joker a fan of fedor?

Old 10-24-2008 | 03:25 AM
|
CLUB MODERATOR
Vehicle Code 27150.2

27150.2. (a) Stations providing referee functions pursuant to Section 44036 of the Health and Safety Code shall provide for the testing of vehicular exhaust systems and the issuance of certificates of compliance only for those vehicles that have received a citation for a violation of Section 27150 or 27151.

(b) A certificate of compliance for a vehicular exhaust system shall be issued pursuant to subdivision (a) if the vehicle complies with Sections 27150 and 27151. Exhaust systems installed on motor vehicles, other than motorcycles, with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating of less than 6,000 pounds comply with Sections 27150 and 27151 if they emit no more than 95 dbA when tested in accordance with Society of Automotive Engineers Standard J1169 May 1998.

(c) An exhaust system certificate of compliance issued pursuant to subdivision (a) shall identify, to the extent possible, the make, model, year, license number, and vehicle identification number of the vehicle tested, and the make and model of the exhaust system installed on the vehicle.

(d) The station shall charge a fee for the exhaust system certificate of compliance issued pursuant to subdivision (a). The fee charged shall be calculated to recover the costs incurred by the Department of Consumer Affairs to implement this section. The fees charged by the station shall be deposited in the Vehicle Inspection and Repair Fund established by Section 44062 of the Health and Safety Code.

(e) Vehicular exhaust systems are exempt from the requirements of Sections 27150 and 27151 if compliance with those sections, or the regulations adopted pursuant thereto, would cause an unreasonable hardship without resulting in a sufficient corresponding benefit with respect to noise level control.
* Exhaust systems which meet smog requirements but are still too loud. Exhaust equipment that states it is, "Legal in all 50 states," refers to smog, not noise.
* Note: New law (27150.2 VC) does not require law enforcement to use sound level meters to test for excessive noise. Citation is based on officer's judgment. Cited violators may have testing done at smog referee stations or may be directed by the court to have testing done. Vehicles in violation must be brought into compliance. A fine may also be imposed.

Old 10-24-2008 | 03:27 AM
|
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by cremaster
is joker a fan of fedor?
Fedor Emelianenko?

Yes I am.

Old 10-24-2008 | 03:29 AM
Fedor Emelianenko?

Yes I am.

that was a retorical question haha best fighter in the world, hands down. love the red devils

Old 10-24-2008 | 03:36 AM
|
CLUB MODERATOR
ha

Take a look at this

27150.1. No person engaged in a business that involves the selling of motor vehicle exhaust systems, or parts thereof, including, but not limited to, mufflers, shall offer for sale, sell, or install, a motor vehicle exhaust system, or part thereof, including, but not limited to, a muffler, unless it meets the regulations and standards applicable pursuant to this article. Motor vehicle exhaust systems or parts thereof include, but are not limited to, nonoriginal exhaust equipment.

A violation of this section is a misdemeanor
ya all bunch of outlaws.

Old 10-24-2008 | 03:47 AM
hahhaha

Old 10-24-2008 | 11:45 AM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
Isn't not having a cat a fed violation?

Old 10-24-2008 | 01:53 PM
Wings Nation
Premier Member
You got to be serious kind of dumb a$$ to get caught.

Just cuz it smell it don't mean ****. And sinse when do cops know how cats look like on G35. Did they have some kind of manufacture training?

Anyways. Back on subject.
Best of luck to you sir. I'll eagerly await your thread on how you got caught with test pipes, and how its total bs, and how you're going to fight the ticket and/or fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust thread