Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

NEW Motordyne Exhaust, Titanium and Dual Setups!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok....just called and canceled my order for test pipes....cmon tony....release your pipes already.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Working on these ASAP.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by hydrazine
working on these asap.
:jamin:

Old 08-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Banned
COOL. Any idea if these test pipes are going to be resonated? make it much less worrisome when using them on cali streets.

i'd like to use:

motordyne resonanted tests to shockwave gamma tdx

Old 08-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
^^ dont forget about the special designed HFC!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Banned
whats the point of running an HFC test pipe? i've read that there is almost no performance difference between them. the hfc is illegal and so is the test and resonanted. so why not run one of the other 2 that has proven performance?

Old 08-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
although it is illegal, i BELIEVE the HFC actually does clean out exhaust fumes unlike test pipes which do not whatsoever.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Banned
so i have the shockwave tdx gamma installed. my goodness. what a sound they emit. very low and very nice. only thing driving me nuts right now is the sound in the car. its so friggin loud! lol

can't wait to break'm in. lol. waitng on the 4.5 inch tips and test pipes. almost wish i had a button i could push to shut them up now and then when a cop is near. if a cop didn't notice me before...as soon as i take off they are switching to my lane. lol

love the exhaust though. can't believe the stock exhaust is like that. it's a lie. a big lie. stock g35s don't have dual exhaust. that's a single exhaust hiding in a dual mask. lol

the guys installing my exhause loved how it looked.

had to cut part of the back frame to keep it from tapping it. all went well after all.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Banned
this may be a stupid question -

but i removed my spare tire from the trunk....does not having that there increase the in cabin drone? or does it not make a difference at all?

Old 08-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
I would think the difference wouldn't be very noticeable if it were in there. The droning on my gamma tdx is still pretty loud and it's been a little over 600 miles now since I've had it installed. I'm waiting till a little over 1k miles to see if the droning decreases significantly before I decide to keep it. I really love the way the exhaust sounds and looks, but there's no way I can live with that droning forever, lol. I'm sure you know what I mean.

But then again, I have HFC's on my car. So I'm sure that's making it even louder. I'm also waiting on Tony's new HFC's that he's developing that'll supposedly help with the droning. Only time will tell.....

Old 08-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by silencer_0
I would think the difference wouldn't be very noticeable if it were in there. The droning on my gamma tdx is still pretty loud and it's been a little over 600 miles now since I've had it installed. I'm waiting till a little over 1k miles to see if the droning decreases significantly before I decide to keep it. I really love the way the exhaust sounds and looks, but there's no way I can live with that droning forever, lol. I'm sure you know what I mean.

But then again, I have HFC's on my car. So I'm sure that's making it even louder. I'm also waiting on Tony's new HFC's that he's developing that'll supposedly help with the droning. Only time will tell.....
well i'm probably gonna try to dynamat the trunk section to help with the sound in the cabin. the car sounds amazing outside and at WOT inside is cool. But regular driving and city driving is intense in there and i have stock cats.

also my car has this annoying squeaking in the backseat. no idea what the hell it is. been there b4 the exhaust but it adds to the mess of sound inside. lol

AND i think the exhaust may be touching something under the car.......it has a strange vibration on the passanger side as if something is rattling....not sure if it's the exhaust or just the sound of the g. i mean.....it's never been a quiet ride to begin with.

i'll be going to riverside infiniti to get a couple recalls taken care of and some regular warranty stuff soon. hopefully they can figure it all out. i think i'll wait before i do that long of a drive to get my exhaust tips in. i don't want to drive that long and melt my bumper.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Good idea with the dynamat, lemme know if it helps with the sound. I see you're a 5at and have the mrev2, I'm also 5at, did you notice any difference after you installed it? Planning on getting a tune?

Old 08-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
I dynamated the trunk as well as the cavity where the mufflers use to be at. Kinda helps...

Old 08-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Banned
well.....i installed the mrev2 with the 5/16th iso thermal. so any performance gain that i found makes it a bit of a challenge to deduce where it is coming from.

the mrev2 and my stock part look almost identical with a few maybe minor differences. i got the mrev2 for 399 before i knew that it wouldn't be a big upgrade for my car and returning was subject to like 30% restocking so I said hell with it..... i heard good things about Tony's work so popped it on. Plus it comes with a $75 rebate for the old part.....anyways.....

instantly noticed that the idle jumped all the way up to about 1200 rpm. maybe that's a sign that it's getting a lot more air in? did the idle reset and it went back to where it should be.....650 i think?

didn't do the ecu reset until today after the exhaust was installed so there's the other snag.

after the ecu reset i gotta say that it seems as though the car is smoother on the power......i don't know if i would say i lost low end or not.

before the exhaust and ecu reset - every time i'd take off.....it seems like the car would just go to 40 and any more on the throttle would change gears and jump again.

now it seems like i can take off and be at 20-30 and gradually get to 40......it's smooth. i'm assuming this has something to do with the loss of back pressure? when i had my bike and removed the stock exhaust i noticed the same thing too.

as for the power deliver over 40mph and up.....the car feels really fast. granted i had a ford Taurus before. i can't hear the intake anymore simply because of the exhaust sound but before the exhaust, with the mrev2 and spacer (i also have a stillen CAI) the difference from stock was extremely noticeable. intake and exhaust was louder with the intake mods. with the new exhaust - its very loud when i go WOT. but sounds great from the outside.

my only gripes with my G thus far is that i have a tweeting sound coming from the backseat area, my dash vibrates, i can hear the noise in the wheel wells, and after the exhaust i can almost swear that it is touching something under the car. i'll have to get a look at it again when i go to the body shop to get my new hood and ings front fenders put on.

i really can't wait for those 4.5 rolled blue tips though. when you see me driving right now...it's like...damn that car is DEEP....but where the hell is that sound coming from?

Old 08-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Exhaust back pressure is never a good thing on our engine.
See this link for the details.

http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhau...k-for-n-a.html

If you have any rattling under the car let me know what you find. Everything should clear. If you do have any part of the exhaust coming in contact with the body, it may be an issue of pipe adjustment or rotation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW Motordyne Exhaust, Titanium and Dual Setups!