Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Ebay's HKS exhaust clone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebay's HKS exhaust clone

Hey has anyone heared anything about the exhuast on ebay that look just like the HKS Hi- Flo? I usually never by "knock offs" and probably won't buy this one just wanted to know if there was anyone who has expiranced it...

I was bouncing back and fourth in between the real HKS exhaust and the Injen titanium exhaust.

Heres the ebay exhaust in question:

Thanks for your time and help guys

Old 05-01-2009, 08:14 PM
HKS > Injen

Just don't buy a knock off...

Old 05-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah I had no intention of buying the ebay exhaust... I saw it and it held my intrest for about 3 secs and then I moved on... I just got back from a deployment to the middle East and I'm ready for the next project car...

Old 05-01-2009, 08:59 PM
i have heard this exhaust in person. sounds like ****. the funny thing is that the guy tried to lie to me and tell me it was the hks exhaust. the funnier thing was when i pulled next to him with my hks.

dont buy it!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 PM
i have heard of it but never go for anything knock off

i am in the same position and i dont know whether to get the hks injen or now greddy.
the greddy sound sickk

Old 05-01-2009, 09:14 PM
which greddy exhaust were looking at? I think I might go with the injen because its a little more discreet.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:23 PM
the evo tt check it out im sure youll like it.. from what i know the injen is pretty loud

Old 05-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Injen and Greddy sound great but iv heard the drone is HORRIBLE, as for that knockoff dont waste your money.

i know road salt will eat the cheap exhaust up

Old 05-01-2009, 09:29 PM
what about the HKS...drone?

Old 05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have it on my Z and my boy has it on his G and we love the sound. Here are our sound clips. Best of all it performs. http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhau...s-g-and-z.html

Old 05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Haters will tell you all kinds of crap about this exhaust, most of which arent true. I got this exhaust bc I plan on going TT in the next 6 months, and didnt feel like buying two expensive exhausts in the same year...lol I was pleasantly surprised with this exhaust. Has been great, no horrible drone, and when I lined it up next to a HKS at a meet, other members couldnt tell which was the HKS and which one wasnt, Ive even had many people say they like the sound of this one better than the actual HKS. Its a great value for the money, Ive had nothing but compliments and love that I got this exhaust to tie me over til I get my TT exhaust. Haters will always hate cause its not "HKS" Theyre just mad that you got the same thing for a third of the price.....haha And Beebo.....where in Texas do you have to worry about road salt???? hahaha

Old 05-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by ajcool2
I have it on my Z and my boy has it on his G and we love the sound. Here are our sound clips. Best of all it performs. http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhau...s-g-and-z.html
I agree that it sounds sik. Its kinda funny how the only people you hear say negative things about it are the people that dont have it. Everyone that Ive talked to that has the XO2 says they love the exhaust......That should tell you somethin right there. And people that say "Never buy knock-offs" Cmon, who can tell me they've never eat cereal that came in a bag instead of a box at some point in their life.....

Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by TXaaron3232
Haters will tell you all kinds of crap about this exhaust, most of which arent true. I got this exhaust bc I plan on going TT in the next 6 months, and didnt feel like buying two expensive exhausts in the same year...lol I was pleasantly surprised with this exhaust. Has been great, no horrible drone, and when I lined it up next to a HKS at a meet, other members couldnt tell which was the HKS and which one wasnt, Ive even had many people say they like the sound of this one better than the actual HKS. Its a great value for the money, Ive had nothing but compliments and love that I got this exhaust to tie me over til I get my TT exhaust. Haters will always hate cause its not "HKS" Theyre just mad that you got the same thing for a third of the price.....haha And Beebo.....where in Texas do you have to worry about road salt???? hahaha
if you are selling your x02 any time soon hit me up, im looking.
also which seller did you buy yours off of?

Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by TXaaron3232
I agree that it sounds sik. Its kinda funny how the only people you hear say negative things about it are the people that dont have it. Everyone that Ive talked to that has the XO2 says they love the exhaust......That should tell you somethin right there. And people that say "Never buy knock-offs" Cmon, who can tell me they've never eat cereal that came in a bag instead of a box at some point in their life.....
LOL your absolutly right. Thats why I always research and come to my own conclusions about what I do to my car.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM
This is a link to the seller company that I got mine through. Shipping was fast too....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07...Q5fAccessories

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ebay's HKS exhaust clone