Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Test Pipes = Lot's O Rasp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rasp Test Pipe

Originally Posted by Toofy
Hey guys,

Ive been on here for a while but i dont post to many threads unless im in a sticky. I just got my BERK Test Pipes installed today and im very happy with the outcome of the louder tone and some power gains but i am however unappy with the amazing extra rasp im getting.

Now i know this is as expected but im almost to a point where its not even 24 hours after the install and i wanna yank them the **** out. Anything i can do to remove this hideous ****ing tone? It sounds like a POS civic passin by.

FYI i have the following mods,

Tanaba Medallion Cat back
Stock Y Pipe
Test Pipes ( BERKS )

Thanks!
Hey Bro, i just got ,ine Stillen test pipe installed today with stock header and greddy Y pipe and exhaust. The rasp start to come in around 4KRPM but not anything before that. Ii usually change gear around 3500rpm anyway so it doesn't bother me much. I have to say, I like the instance bolt on power though..

Old 10-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had the same problem with rasp/ I have the Invidia q300 true duel exhaust and megan resonated test pipes/ the first 60 miles or so was terrible.. now i have put about 150 miles on them and it has deffinetly reduced the rasp. the sound is amazing and suprisingly no drone, however i still have a little rasp past 3k rpm. I am in the process of finding the right resonator to put in so the rasp will be iliminated. im thinking a magnaflow or somthing. this will deffinetly getrid of the rasp/ I had the same problem with my old car and added some resonators and rasp = gone.. try doing this!