Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

NEW! Takeda intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
This is the design I've been talking about for ages. It's good to see someone actually build. I agree though, metal intake pipes suck. That's a bad choice on their part. The other issue is that the OEM accordian peice in the intake serves a purpose, to add flexibility to the intake as the motor rocks in it's mounts. The engine can rock violently from side to side on launches and shifts. Without the accordian, you risk snapping the plastic chassis stay on the OEM front airbox and/or having the intake tube get pulled of the TB.

I'll buy this intake if three people post consistent 5whp+ gains across the entire powerband. Otherwise, I'll stick with my OEM Frankenstein setup.
Yeap it will be perfect if they sale just the filter and airbox so you can use it with a z-tube that is plastic and uses the OEM accordian pieces. I'll probably get it next month I'm gonna try it with the metal intake for a little bit and see how it goes if not I'll just stick the z -tube back in there.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
It's interesting and I like it. But not at the price. Anyone have the filter size?

I'm running a frankie rev up v-stack oem but I have no problem running my stillen. Like I've said, it's not open to the hot engine bay. The portion of it that's open isn't accessible to the engine heat.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
u kno how theres the heat issue but since the oem is setup so that air is pulled in from the outside as long as u keep those peices installed it doesnt take car of some of the heat issues?

Old 09-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
u kno how theres the heat issue but since the oem is setup so that air is pulled in from the outside as long as u keep those peices installed it doesnt take car of some of the heat issues?
Not when you're in a lot of stop and go traffic or traveling at speeds less than 40mph. The pipe will get scalding hot when ambient temps are over 80 and you're driving in stop and go. It's not a huge deal from an air temp standpoint though because the air is moving at a rate through the pipe that it's not going to take on much heat as it travels through the hot pipe. That's why I think whole intake manifold cooling stuff is so silly. The biggest issue I see with the metal pipe is that it will heat soak the MAF sensor possibly making the MAF think ambient air is warmer than it really is.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:37 PM
someone should email the comp and ask them to make a cone filter converter type rig to connect to the stock tube. i would love to get the intake sound that im used to without the heat soak issue. id gladly pay $100 for a setup lol

Old 09-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Just wrap the tube or something is one is that concerned about the metal.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:18 PM
someone should email the comp and ask them to make a cone filter converter type rig to connect to the stock tube. i would love to get the intake sound that im used to without the heat soak issue. id gladly pay $100 for a setup lol
Im pretty sure if you get a MAF sensor adapter you should be able to connect to the z tube.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:20 PM
^^yea i kno but i jus like the enclossure and how it uses the oem ducts. btw with this kit since the filter is enclosed will it still make the aftermarket intake sound?

Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 AM
^^yea i kno but i jus like the enclossure and how it uses the oem ducts. btw with this kit since the filter is enclosed will it still make the aftermarket intake sound?
Im pretty sure it will. I can't wait to get mine probably next month

Old 09-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaveB
I hope the designers took that into consideration when mocking this up. I don't see any extra mounts for support in the pic's. However I'm just summing that the non metal connecting pieces should give us ample room.

Jeff92se
you mean wrap it up w/ the same things used for AC pluming?

saywat?
I've seen adapters on the Apex site for there cone shaped filters. You'd have to get the right size for it b/c there are several adapters & I've read on this site that the Z adapter works for Z/G tube from Apex.

antodiaz
I'm with you on this one... I'll order mines when I get paid too. If anything I'll just have to get a Ztube & mod some adapters to it. Good thing FL has another 5 months of summer left to test heat temps w/ another metal piece in the engine bay.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:34 PM
after staring at this intake setup i dont see how this is different than the stock setup if u really look at it lol. its like wat most people already do with the stock setup but with the z tube

Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 AM
i am new to this forum,
Doing my research for an intake for my 08 G35X, this Takeda product that uses the factory box does it have a model# because i can't find on their web site. So far for best gains i found where the Injen and stillen, it looks good but i don't wish to remove the bumper and increase the chance of hydrolock.
any suggestions..thanks

Old 09-09-2010, 08:19 AM
from the looks of it the 06 airbox and ztube with K&N filter is the best set up. Why spend all that money and get the same results with stock set up? looks? not worth it for me..

Old 09-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
I have a friend with the AFE intake on his Z. Its a well put together intake with great heat shielding. I'm sure this is of the same quality.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by cgk-68
i am new to this forum,
Doing my research for an intake for my 08 G35X, this Takeda product that uses the factory box does it have a model# because i can't find on their web site. So far for best gains i found where the Injen and stillen, it looks good but i don't wish to remove the bumper and increase the chance of hydrolock.
any suggestions..thanks

I'm sorry buddy but this intake is only for 03-07 coupes and 03-06 sedans. You have the HR engine with the dual intake. Lets see if they come up with a version for HR engines.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW! Takeda intake