Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

concern regarding z-tube installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Ah I remember back in the day when I was worried what would void my warranty
Geeee I'll never lower my car past this point, I won't bother with a full exhaust system
AND I def will never mess with the cats
So much for those plans.
I gotta stop telling myself what I won't do to my car, might save me some cash.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anynigma
Absolutely not. However:

Do NOT tell your insurance company that you have made any "modifcations or customizations" to your car. Do NOT bring your car in for major service without swapping back to the stock intake tube. I think many people get away with spacers and the mrev2, but I'm not even sure that would be safe...

If you do bring it in and they notice it, all is not lost. They would have to prove that whatever is wrong with the car is caused by your modification. It will make your insurance go up if you report it as a customization or mod.
Ah I see, okay... so I basically just have to replace the g tube before taking it in... Thanks any.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Reporting it to your insurance company doesn't always affect rates. I have State Farm and they don't ever raise it on me despite telling my agent everything I do. They just cover it in case of theft or destruction. If the car is in an accident, however, I have to retrieve the part myself if it's not damaged.

I think not first checking with insurance is a stupid thing to do. I'd rather not modify my car than find out after destroying my car(or someone else's) that I'm not covered because of x modification. In this case it won't change anything...just saying in general.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Originally Posted by drivessidewayz
Reporting it to your insurance company doesn't always affect rates. I have State Farm and they don't ever raise it on me despite telling my agent everything I do. They just cover it in case of theft or destruction. If the car is in an accident, however, I have to retrieve the part myself if it's not damaged.

I think not first checking with insurance is a stupid thing to do. I'd rather not modify my car than find out after destroying my car(or someone else's) that I'm not covered because of x modification. In this case it won't change anything...just saying in general.
Good to know and you have a point. I personally feel if these mods count as customizations, so should every cd you have in your cdplayer or air freshener you hang from your window.

That being said, I will call my insurer soon and ask about how modifications affect rates and about how to report them so they can be properly claimed in the event of an accident. Thanks for that.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Bumping an old topic... but I'm back in the same dilemma as I have to take my car in to have my oil changed soon.

Will the z-tube void my bumper-bumper extended warranty?

Old 05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Swapping the g-tube back in should be a 15 minute affair...just to avoid any headache, I would take it out. is your bumber-bumper warranty offered by Infinti? If so, call them and ask. The terms of your warranty may be different than others. Call the provider and ask.