Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Exhaust: Shop smart instead of following the crowd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PLENUMCOUPE
somethin fishy about this punk
Everyday I'm rustlin'. What type of fish are we talking about here? Fresh water or salt water? I actually enjoy both.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts
Interesting

Old 05-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Damn! This thread done blowed up lol.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDizzle
Damn! This thread done blowed up lol.
Ding dong done dong dang, sheeeiit.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by LOLRICE
You should probably stop spending money on your car. The money would definitely be better utilized to pay for some basic English and grammar classes.
Gotta love internet grammar ****'s lol

Old 05-26-2014, 05:01 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
This will go on forever. It's your car and money. Unless you get something APPROVED by members here, you will get flamed. Brush it off. Someone on a tight budget will find your review useful.

The following users liked this post:
XWuN (05-27-2014)
Old 05-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Tight budget or empty wallet?

Old 05-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Shawno72
Tight budget or empty wallet?
Can assure you it's neither. Never a thing of if I can or not it's if I want to or not.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:32 PM
I get what you're saying, man, but there's a difference between buying cheap stuff and "cheap" stuff. Low quality parts for any hobby is a bad idea. I like a deal just as much as the next guy but taking a chance on low quality crap has really never gotten me anywhere. Always end up buying it twice which ends up costing more in the long run. My advice is to find the best price you can on a quality product, don't over-buy and then save up if that's an issue and buy it once. The resale will be more valuable, you'll be happier with the product and you won't get flamed to boot. Besides, high prices are just a psychological hurdle to jump over. Money is pretty easy to get if yer willing to work for it. I always have that problem (psychological sticker shock), but then realize after I spend it that I never think about it again.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
I get what you're saying, man, but there's a difference between buying cheap stuff and "cheap" stuff. Low quality parts for any hobby is a bad idea. I like a deal just as much as the next guy but taking a chance on low quality crap has really never gotten me anywhere. Always end up buying it twice which ends up costing more in the long run. My advice is to find the best price you can on a quality product, don't over-buy and then save up if that's an issue and buy it once. The resale will be more valuable, you'll be happier with the product and you won't get flamed to boot. Besides, high prices are just a psychological hurdle to jump over. Money is pretty easy to get if yer willing to work for it. I always have that problem (psychological sticker shock), but then realize after I spend it that I never think about it again.
There's no psychological hurdle for me. I can very much afford top dollar parts. As I said earlier it's if I "want" to or not. Again from my personal experience and from people I have seen first hand and not just repeating what others are saying I have quality parts. Also I could careless about people "flaming" me or whatever. I was talking to the individual who is price conscious for whatever reason and wanting to know about the quality of a cheaper product. Why I haven't and will never ask for someone's opinion about my car simply because it's my car and their opinion carries no weight but they very much have a right to one.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by SUMBLAKDUDE
There's no psychological hurdle for me. I can very much afford top dollar parts. As I said earlier it's if I "want" to or not. Again from my personal experience and from people I have seen first hand and not just repeating what others are saying I have quality parts. Also I could careless about people "flaming" me or whatever. I was talking to the individual who is price conscious for whatever reason and wanting to know about the quality of a cheaper product. Why I haven't and will never ask for someone's opinion about my car simply because it's my car and their opinion carries no weight but they very much have a right to one.
OK, well if its not a psychological "sticker shock" and its not a money issue I'm just not understanding your reasoning. You clearly stated that you believe the shockwave is the best exhaust produced for our platform..why would you not want it then?

Old 05-26-2014, 11:00 PM
OK, well if its not a psychological "sticker shock" and its not a money issue I'm just not understanding your reasoning. You clearly stated that you believe the shockwave is the best exhaust produced for our platform..why would you not want it then?
Because it isn't necessary. Shockwave exhaust at most will net 3 more hp than my exhaust. Build quality is the same as I have inspected both my exhaust and a motordyne and stillen exhaust in person. Yes the later two do have better fitments without any extra work out of the box but all that combined wasn't enough to sway me to spend an extra $1200. The only reason I would get a "top dollar" exhaust is if I was going F/I. Obviously doing that I would want to get every pony possible n this I would go with the shockwave. But other than that I'd save that money and spend else where like my truck or bike

Old 05-26-2014, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by SUMBLAKDUDE
Because it isn't necessary. Shockwave exhaust at most will net 3 more hp than my exhaust. Build quality is the same as I have inspected both my exhaust and a motordyne and stillen exhaust in person. Yes the later two do have better fitments without any extra work out of the box but all that combined wasn't enough to sway me to spend an extra $1200. The only reason I would get a "top dollar" exhaust is if I was going F/I. Obviously doing that I would want to get every pony possible n this I would go with the shockwave. But other than that I'd save that money and spend else where like my truck or bike
It doesn't have to be necessary if money makes no difference. Besides that, if what you're saying is truly your stance why didn't you just get performance replacement muffler and delete the resonator? You would net a very similar HP increase and save still another $150.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Build quality of DNA whatever exhaust and Motordyne is NOT the same. No comparison.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:19 AM
It doesn't have to be necessary if money makes no difference. Besides that, if what you're saying is truly your stance why didn't you just get performance replacement muffler and delete the resonator? You would net a very similar HP increase and save still another $150.
Didn't want an extremely loud exhaust

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust: Shop smart instead of following the crowd