Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

which plenum should I go with?? PICS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 03:30 AM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
which plenum should I go with?? PICS

I have NA mods
- Intake
- Headers
- exhaust

i'm looking for plenum to complete my NA mods. and i'm wondering which one will be the best for me.

price : $349.99
Kinetix Racing Plenum 350Z / G35

Detailed Description
This new intake plenum replaces the upper half of your factory intake manifold. This plenum bolts directly up to your car with zero modifications, and also allows the use of the factory strut bar, and engine cover. This unit will fit the 350z, the G35, and the FX. *** engine cover may not fit with the G35 or the FX35 **

This plenum increases the volume to the middle and more importantly the front cylinders. The factory plenum utilizes a very aggressive angle as it caps off the front cylinders. This new plenum equalizes the flow to all cylinders, while also increasing the total plenum volume. This plenum also uses a very versatile plastic to achieve a smooth interior for superior flow properties. The plastic also allows a lighter overall weight, by about 4 lbs. The overall temperatures of the plenum have also decreased by about 30 degrees farenheit. This helps with heat soak problems and to help lower air intake temperatures.

Our plenum has shown a solid peak gain of 8 rwhp and a consistent gain throughout the RPM range. When matched up with our high flow cats, they together have shown a dyno proven peak gain of 17 rwhp.

The plenum still retains all factory mounting points and also includes all necessary new hardware. The plenum also includes a permanently adhered flange gasket that is to be used with the factory gasket as well as a new throttle body gasket.

Look for our package with our SMOG legal high flow cats for package savings.

** This plenum includes a lifetime warranty on manufacturer's defects. This will include any failure in the material used which may effect its ability to create a seal. These will be replaced and not repaired. We will also offer a new gasket service for a minor fee to replace any gaskets that have been damaged during installation or repetitive installations.

price : $819.99
NEW - SSV Extreme Flow Kinetix Manifold
Detailed Description
Our long awaited SSV complete manifold solution replaces both upper AND lower factory plenums. By maximizing plenum efficiency and improving airflow with new intake runner design, the new SSV manifold is a must have performance modification.

Works great in both NA (naturally aspirated) and FI (supercharged or turbocharged) applications. Expect to see a much smoother and stronger power curve, and expect your car to scream past 6000 rpm.

price: $345.00
crawfordz
The stock plenum, due to the slope towards the front, which Nissan designed to clear the stock strut bar on the 350Z, restricts the airflow to the front cylinders. Our design raises the front of the plenum as shown in the picture below, allowing more surface area and greater, equalized airflow to all cylinders. Greater airflow equals more power. On average, our plenum produces an increase of 9 hp at the original peak, and a solid 17-20 hp at redline.

copyright from
www.kinetixracing.com
www.sgpracing.com
www.crawfordz.com

Old 12-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of the best gains can be found by going with the MREV setup instead of just replacing the top half of your intake plenum.

You can find a lot of info and some independently submitted dyno charts by searching for "mrev".

also, here's a link to our vendor classified - dyno charts are there too.

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-vendor/76286-motordyne-engineering-plenum-spacers-mrev.html

Truley a great setup and serious bang for your buck. Very respectable torque gains too - something you'll notice more than HP for street use.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Old 12-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by partshipperdave
Some of the best gains can be found by going with the MREV setup instead of just replacing the top half of your intake plenum.

You can find a lot of info and some independently submitted dyno charts by searching for "mrev".

also, here's a link to our vendor classified - dyno charts are there too.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76286

Truley a great setup and serious bang for your buck. Very respectable torque gains too - something you'll notice more than HP for street use.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Am I correct that the MREV setup is only for 6MT (298hp) engines? I have an '05 5AT Sedan and have been trying to determine if there are any decent hp/torque gains to be found without going FI. -T

Old 12-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Yes, you are correct. It is designed to be used on the revup engines. your car already has the lower 287 plenum, so it wouldn't make sense for you to get the basic MREV setup.

BUT, as an option for you if you are interested in the MREV kit, you can get the MREV Plus for your car. It consists of the same stuff the basic MREV kit does, except the lower 287 plenum is machined on intakes 1&2 to make optimal flow and flow volume along with the 5/16" spacer and the added cooling benefits of the ISO thermal parts. I would recommend this as one of the best NA bolt on mods you could do to your car. Otherwise, you should consider the ISO thermal 5/16" spacer kit. That will give you exceptional midrange gains too - especially torque.

We have all the current Motordyne products in our online catalog - ready to ship!

http://www.partshippers.com/index.ph...=motordyne+g35

Old 12-02-2005, 11:20 PM
The MREV plus will work with the 280hp verions?

Old 12-03-2005, 01:51 AM
THE BATMOBILE
crawford

Old 12-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Premier Member

I have Kinetix and it has an annoying ring to it... Go Crawford...

Old 12-04-2005, 02:16 AM
Love my Crawford!

Old 12-05-2005, 02:27 PM
mrjonang, yes the MREV Plus will work with the 287 motor, since it's the same 287 lower plenum, just machined out for optimal flow and performance. The basic MREV kit is not for the 287 motor, since it already has the 287 lower plenum. The basic kit is for the revup engines, since it works to increase the power in the mid rpm range, instead of all the power being at the high end of the rpm range from the factory.

Old 12-05-2005, 02:40 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
I'd go with a 1/2" motordyne spacer with the Iso Thermal upgrade...best bang for the buck...

Old 12-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Crawford +3. The original and still the best.

Lou

Attached Thumbnails which plenum should I go with?? PICS-plenum-04.jpg  
Old 12-06-2005, 01:56 AM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
i heard that the Kinetix Racing Plenum can take the 350z cover.