Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

$3.00 mod that will make HP/ and save your engine.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 02:07 AM
Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$3.00 mod that will make HP/ and save your engine.

Guys
I have no idea why this has been done from Nissan. There is no way, In what I have learned over the years that oil in the intake charge is a good thing. Oil will lower octane levels and can cause detonation = not good for HP. Iv posted a few pictures showing where the oil builds up and is ingested in the intake runners. I believe this is a thread that many of the gear heads out there should help me explain what is going on here. This is so simple its almost funny. There is some prototype work being done right now to fix this problem for good and should show some HP gains. My little filter fix will show you what the problem is fast. Tony is working on a solution that will fix a Nissan blunder. Dyno testing this weekend, with time should show the results.
So much love, so little time. Pasta
PS The pasta mobil is flat out running hard

Attached Thumbnails .00 mod that will make HP/ and save your engine.-oil-1.jpg   .00 mod that will make HP/ and save your engine.-oil-2.jpg   .00 mod that will make HP/ and save your engine.-win-7.jpg  
Old 01-17-2006, 02:29 AM
keep us updated with the dyno testing

Old 01-17-2006, 03:12 AM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How could Nissan build an engine like the VQ and not put a simple 3 dollar oil filter intake??

It's scary to think they could have overlooked such a simple thing, I'm doubtful until I see the proof.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
How could Nissan build an engine like the VQ and not put a simple 3 dollar oil filter intake??

It's scary to think they could have overlooked such a simple thing, I'm doubtful until I see the proof.
Mikey
Look at the first picture. Do you see the oil just setting there waiting to be ingested in the small ports in all the runners. Maybe Nissan was trying to build a 2 stroke engine.
Maybe its just my car? The problem is the PVC setup. The cheap filter is just a way of modifying a problem. A fix is on its way. Your results may vary!
I waiting for some others to join in on this post.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Nice "home made" oil catch can.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:40 AM
I don't get how the oil is getting into the intake? You said there's a flaw in the PVC valve?

Can someone refresh my memory on what's the purpose of a PVC valve? I know you have to replace it from time to time, but that's about it.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:13 PM
So wait, isn't the filter that you installed the solution to the problem? What else are we waiting on? Where can we buy a similar filter?

Trending Topics

Old 01-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by badtziscool
I don't get how the oil is getting into the intake? You said there's a flaw in the PVC valve?

Can someone refresh my memory on what's the purpose of a PVC valve? I know you have to replace it from time to time, but that's about it.

The PVC (positive crankcase ventilation) does is to allow exhaust gases (and emissions) that "blow by" the pistons to be recirculated back into the air intake stream. If not for a PCV setup, those gases would be vented to atmosphere.

I could care less about PCV, but the government and the EPA care greatly!!!

Old 01-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
You can buy the Kinetix SSV. It eliminates the PCV set up

Old 01-17-2006, 01:14 PM
How is that going to make you power? I mean, if it were a real problem, then you'd hear lots of people bitching about pinging, no?

Old 01-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Keep us updated on the results.

I doubt that a little oil ingestion would show up on a dyno. Seems like the car would smoke and the plugs would foul first. Ya never know though. Can't hurt - unless the filter gets full or clogged.

Glad to see someone practicing some science on these cars! Thx!

Old 01-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
Mikey
Look at the first picture. Do you see the oil just setting there waiting to be ingested in the small ports in all the runners. Maybe Nissan was trying to build a 2 stroke engine.
Maybe its just my car? The problem is the PVC setup. The cheap filter is just a way of modifying a problem. A fix is on its way. Your results may vary!
I waiting for some others to join in on this post.

Interesting info Mr. Pasta. Here is a picture I took when installing my MREV kit and you will see the original collector on the bottom full of oil.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:29 PM
It looks disturbing, but in reality the amount of oil there is insignificant as a percentage of volume consumed by the engine. It is merely accumulation of condensate from the oil mist/blowby gasses. It is highly recommended to turn over the ventilation in the crankcase frequently to prevent acidic condensate to form in the engine. If you really must filter it prior to intake, make sure it is of enough surface area to keep from clogging. An unventilated crankcase is BAD. Dont want to knock the mod, but hundreds of thousands of VQ live long, happy lives with the factory setup. I think it works OK as is.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting . . . Very interesting. As Pasta usually says, "Time will tell."

Hey Pasta, good luck to you and Tony with your testing and dynos.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:24 AM
Former Vendor

This is why people install a oil catch can(old news).This is an emission issue.Nissan is not the only mfg. that does this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $3.00 mod that will make HP/ and save your engine.