Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

You asked for a tease.First Looks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
any data to support FI applications? I'm interested to upgrade exhaust only because looking to go twin turbo soon...

Last edited by rcdash; 05-18-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:03 AM
THE BATMOBILE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks damn good

Old 05-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rcdash
any data to support FI applications? I'm interested to upgrade exhaust only because looking to go twin turbo soon...
We've talked about this in the past - it's hard to test every spec. Systems are designed from stock cars, with stock spec. In order to test for FI, you have get and FI car, or a stock car and specifically do before and after tests.

That has not been done, we would love to, but would need a car and owner that is in process of doing such upgrades, that wants the exhaust, to go through that process.

Now, with that said, we have lots of knowledge in house about how this system theoretically can help and benefit FI applications - but is that a real worked test or good enough to answer you or help you make a decision, likely not.

I hope you understand. If there are any local San Fernando Valley - SoCal FI Cars out there that want to go this route and help the process, please PM me.

Rick

Old 05-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Shonuff
Aight, I'm sold.

Now more people sign up for the Stainless stat!
Welcome aboard!

Rick

Old 05-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Group Buy Info - Clarification

It's come to our attention that some of you may be confused with how this has been setup and I want to make sure you all understand the quantities and discount structure for the Group Buy.

For the 18+ etc. quantities, it does not take 18+ of each style to be signed up for to qualify for the discount, it only take a total of 18 sign ups.

The same goes for the 9+ etc.

I hope nobody thought that it was going to take 54 sign ups to get the best discount rates

Rick

Old 05-19-2006, 10:41 AM
How loud is this compared to stock? I love the sound of the stock exhaust, and from what I have read and heard on the clips it sounds very very nice, keeps that same tone. I am just worried about the sound level. My last car was loud as hell, even with 3 resonators and a muffler.
Do you have any decible #'s of just the catback vs stock?

Old 05-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Destro
How loud is this compared to stock? I love the sound of the stock exhaust, and from what I have read and heard on the clips it sounds very very nice, keeps that same tone. I am just worried about the sound level. My last car was loud as hell, even with 3 resonators and a muffler.
Do you have any decible #'s of just the catback vs stock?
We do not have a DB test for the system - and actually would like to do so as this is something that has been asked for several times, just the need equipment for it or a volunteer to help out.

As far as how loud it is - that really is in the eye, or EAR, of the beholder. Honestly - everyone thinks of sound level differently. What for some is too loud is not loud enough for others. Personally, and from what we've have gotten if feedback - ours if just right.

DB level is a difficult thing to base this on as well. We all have different sensitivities.

Now - as far as your old system having 3 resonators, etc...I'd rather not go there.. ;-)

Is it louder than stock - well yes, at certain points in the power band, and at others it's actually quieter. It's also just better overall. Remember, this system does not drone, so the inside of the car does not shake and vibrate, and you don't get that headache either. As a matter of fact - you can still use your cell phone!

Hope that helps....

Rick

Old 05-19-2006, 03:41 PM
At what points in the rpm band would you say that it is louder or quiter than stock? I'm trying to gauge if the loudness of the exhaust is right for me. I like to hear my exhaust, even when the windows are closed and music playing.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by flipmoder7
At what points in the rpm band would you say that it is louder or quiter than stock? I'm trying to gauge if the loudness of the exhaust is right for me. I like to hear my exhaust, even when the windows are closed and music playing.
OK..quick one - have you heard the clips? they are pretty good for the inside clips - there are ones where we are driving with windows up as well.

These are hard questions to answer - not because I don't have one - but because it depends on if your WOT, cruising, in which gear, at what RPM - it's really tough to get you that answer. I'm not trying to skirt the answer either.

I hope you understand. It can be louder or quieter in many different areas of the band.

Rick

Old 05-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Let's say your just regularly cruising or driving. ex. going from 1st through 3rd gears up to 3k from a stop. I like to hear my exhaust in those areas, coz that's where I spend most of my city driving. I tried the clips, but it seemed pretty much like stock in those ranges.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Let me see if I can help since I have this system and do a whole lot of city driving including 10 to 20 mph traffic for at least 2 hours a day cruising on the 405.

At startup, you definitley can tell you have a aftermarket system - Deep Vroom sound.

When you rev in neutral you can also tell the Deep exhaust note. Everyone that I have reved for including some STI owners with GReddy systems were very impressed.

1st & 2nd Gear - Rolling from a stop you hear the Deep sound but not to the point it's going to bother you if you are in traffic as I am every day. There's no way I would be able to stand an annoying loudness everytime I come to a stop and go!

3rd & 4th - The already deep and exotic sound becomes even more deeper letting those you are passing by know you are the Shi*. No distortion or droning whatsover even at the higher RPMs.

When I roll up the windows, I can definitely hear the Deepness to the sound within the car but as mentioned above, I can still hold a coversation on my cell.

I hope this helps out but there's no real way of exactly telling what you like or dislike. The audio/video footage of the Z is good but Honestly, it doesn't do justice regarding how deep and consistent sounding this system truly is. Not even a grain of Rice is heard!

I love it!

Old 05-20-2006, 12:39 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
is there a dyno sheet with the curve posted somewhere?

Old 05-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Here ya go eric

Attached Thumbnails You asked for a tease.First Looks!-dyno_catback_tespipes.jpg   You asked for a tease.First Looks!-dyno_catback1.jpg   You asked for a tease.First Looks!-dyno_full_system.jpg  
Old 05-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
is there a dyno sheet with the curve posted somewhere?
yea..everywhere...

http://www.fastintentions.com and all over this thread as well.

Rick

Old 05-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Let me get this straight....the purchase comes with the complete system including flanges so all we need to do when we receive the exhaust is to take it to any shop and have them install it with nothing else needed, right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: You asked for a tease.First Looks!