Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Injen intake review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAI's are no good. If you want to really make gains, get a Z-Tube, an aftermarket drop in filter, a MD 5/16 spacer, and a MREV++ lower plenum.

CAI's are no good with Motordynes mods. And Motordynes mods are amongst the best of the best for our cars.

I had an Injen CAI installed, and its now in the garage because of the lost throttle response i got from it.

You want a bling, bling, intake then your probabley better off with an ARC intake or a GruppeM intake.

[IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/speedjunkies96/arcpreview2.jpg[/IMG

]

Old 04-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Old 04-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Premier Member

Please back your info up where it says CAIs are no good. Because we know the Stillen CAI is very good, and the JWT (not really a CAI) is good performer as well. I also know the new K&N sealed Box for the 350z works very good too. CAI's work best with MD mods. Tony has proved this. Injen is also known to be the worst CAI for our cars due power loss and unstable power. Don't assume all CAIs are bad when you had one that wasn't good.

Originally Posted by OC 350GTCoupe
CAI's are no good. If you want to really make gains, get a Z-Tube, an aftermarket drop in filter, a MD 5/16 spacer, and a MREV++ lower plenum.

CAI's are no good with Motordynes mods. And Motordynes mods are amongst the best of the best for our cars.

I had an Injen CAI installed, and its now in the garage because of the lost throttle response i got from it.

You want a bling, bling, intake then your probabley better off with an ARC intake or a GruppeM intake.

[IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/speedjunkies96/arcpreview2.jpg[/IMG

]

Old 04-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Please back your info up where it says CAIs are no good. Because we know the Stillen CAI is very good, and the JWT (not really a CAI) is good performer as well. I also know the new K&N sealed Box for the 350z works very good too. CAI's work best with MD mods. Tony has proved this. Injen is also known to be the worst CAI for our cars due power loss and unstable power. Don't assume all CAIs are bad when you had one that wasn't good.
I meant Long Tube CAI's are no good. Nismo CAI, Injen CAI, AEM CAI those are no good.

Even tho Stillen advertises there intake as a CAI, most people consider it a short ram air.

The long tube CAI's create too much turbulance, and also give bad throttle response because of how far the air has to travel.

Tony does not recommend a long tube CAI with his Motordyne mods. Stillen, JWT, Weapon R and other short ram air intakes are fine with his mods.

Notice how Tony removes the Nismo CAI to see optimal gains with his mods on this Dyno:

Old 04-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Premier Member

Glad to see you meant long tube!! I'd hoped that was the case.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Florida G35 Club
The best CAI that I have ever seen was the set up Chevrolet used in the late 60's with there cowl induction hood. It had the best of both worlds, short runners, high pressure from the windshield. My guess would be one hell of an improvement over anything that has been produced so far. I bet a cowl hood would look great on a G of any kind. My ,My I am thinking here what Tony could produce. What a setup!! ----- YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN

Old 04-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
The best CAI that I have ever seen was the set up Chevrolet used in the late 60's with there cowl induction hood. It had the best of both worlds, short runners, high pressure from the windshield. My guess would be one hell of an improvement over anything that has been produced so far. I bet a cowl hood would look great on a G of any kind. My ,My I am thinking here what Tony could produce. What a setup!! ----- YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN
I am all for a Cowl Hood.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Florida G35 Club
I am all for a Cowl Hood.
Damn that would look ..........Good.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
Hell ya!!! The FM VQ35 throttle body is in the perfect spot too

Old 04-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Man i just ordered my Injen cai and planned on getting the motordyne :-( what does work good with the injen?

Old 04-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by holyfrickster
Man i just ordered my Injen cai and planned on getting the motordyne :-( what does work good with the injen?
I would try calling to cancel. IF that does not work, see if they sell the pop charger.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:29 AM
well i work at a performance shop and was going to get the weapon r but i deal with lots of imports and weapon r is a horrible name so i went with injen

Old 04-28-2006, 12:47 AM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by DaveB
Hell ya!!! The FM VQ35 throttle body is in the perfect spot too
Tell me this is not a no brainier? As I watch all of this BS Crap be designed.
My best guess is, somewhere along the way people forgot how GM HAS PAVED THE WAY, for high HP racing. Regardless of what there footprint is today, I'm lucky to understand what works and what has been proven.
The cowl Induction was to me one of the best designs of the century.
An Injen CAI is just a joke when it comes to working performance.
I never want to be negative! But this CAI does not work on a rev-up engine.

Last edited by GEE PASTA; 04-28-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Russ, if you aren't willing to back your own statements with nothing more than "it's out there" or "we all know", don't expect or ask someone else to do so either. If it's so easy to find, then search (which you ask everyone else to do) and post.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Russ is a douche and never shows Dyno sheets with Injen CAI on G35's only 350Z's.. He says "search it" and trust me I have and can't find shiz.. He runs around bad mouthing Injen like a queer!! You search it douche bag and show us your sooooooooo many Dyno proven Injen CAI power loss sheets.. Go suck off the owners of Stillen...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Injen intake review