Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Injen intake review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injen intake review

I installed my Injen CAI today and I have to say that this is by far the best for the G35 Coupe. Stillen is ok but doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the Injen intake does nor does it look as good under the hood. It screams when you get in high RPM's.. I didn't think it was going to be much louder then stock but it is for sure much louder then stock. If anyone is reading this and trying to figure out which CAI intake to get hands down Injen is what you want..

Old 04-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
I installed my Injen CAI today and I have to say that this is by far the best for the G35 Coupe. Stillen is ok but doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the Injen intake does nor does it look as good under the hood. It screams when you get in high RPM's.. I didn't think it was going to be much louder then stock but it is for sure much louder then stock. If anyone is reading this and trying to figure out which CAI intake to get hands down Injen is what you want..
You selling your Stillen HFAB?. My brother might be interested in buying it from you. Let me know.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:08 PM
The guy that installed my Injen took it as payment for installing it sorry...

Old 04-22-2006, 04:16 PM
The guy that installed my Injen took it as payment for installing it sorry...
u got ripped off. Install does not cost more than 30 dollars to install, lol.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
u got ripped off. Install does not cost more than 30 dollars to install, lol.

uuhh I wasn't really concerned about making money on the part.. He was a friend and he wanted it for his stock G since I had no use for it anymore so if he was some guy I didn't know then yea I got ripped but other then that guess not....

Old 04-23-2006, 01:37 AM
THE BATMOBILE
yea i love my engine.......i know exactly what sound your talking about sounds like you have a turbo around 3k rpm........love it........congrats.........why didnt you make it out to the meet today??

Old 04-23-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by truplay8
yea i love my engine.......i know exactly what sound your talking about sounds like you have a turbo around 3k rpm........love it........congrats.........why didnt you make it out to the meet today??
I am still living up in Virginia right now, I don't move back to Southern Florida until May 11th.. How often do you all meet up??

Old 04-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Premier Member

Too bad you didn't do a dyno before and after because the Injens show a loss of power compared to stock or Stillens.

Old 04-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
G35 TX,
can you expand more on that. I have been seriously looking at the injen as my top choice of CAI for my sedan. So far for what i have read in here the injen is the best CAI for our cars. I also read the article on SCC a few months back where they installed it on their project 350Z and it had a gain in HP and torque around 5 hp and 3 torque if i remember right. If you have something else please post/repost or PMit to me. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Premier Member

You may think its the best CAI from people that have never dynoed or tested them. From dynos to 1/4 times the Injen has made the car loose power especially down low. The Injen pulls air from the lower part of the car or the engine bay. Both areas are hotter than where JWT or Stillen pull the air from around knee to waist level which is not as hot as the ground or engine bay temps.

See the article in Sport Z magazine where they had the intake shoot out and you will see which one actually won. Stillen.

Old 04-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
You may think its the best CAI from people that have never dynoed or tested them. From dynos to 1/4 times the Injen has made the car loose power especially down low. The Injen pulls air from the lower part of the car or the engine bay. Both areas are hotter than where JWT or Stillen pull the air from around knee to waist level which is not as hot as the ground or engine bay temps.

See the article in Sport Z magazine where they had the intake shoot out and you will see which one actually won. Stillen.

uuhhhh to be honest the only thing an intake is really good for is sound and looks under the hood and the Stillen for sure wasn't as loud as the Injen nor looked as good... Wow maybe I lost 2hp who cares its a luxury sports car not a Drag car...... The Stillen intake will never have that whistle turbo sound...

Last edited by 2FastG354U; 04-23-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:01 PM
juy
i've had my injen cai for months now and i love it. i've had zero problems, install was easy, looks great under the hood, and the sound is amazing when reaching higher rpms. no regrets.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:00 PM
THE BATMOBILE
How often do you all meet up??

every now and then........jst check the FGC forums

Old 04-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Premier Member

uuhhhh to be honest the only thing an intake is really good for is sound and looks under the hood and the Stillen for sure wasn't as loud as the Injen nor looked as good... Wow maybe I lost 2hp who cares its a luxury sports car that not a Drag car...... That Stillen intake will never have that whistle turbo sound...
Well I didn't go for looks. I went for performance and my dynos prove it.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:28 PM
I seriously doubt the Injen intake gives a power loss..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Injen intake review