Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Kenstyle Kit By Import Trendz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by SFLG35
yeh after looking at it i dont know about it either.
got ot figure out what to do now cause the paint on mine is already chpped up.
buy some new ones and sell the ones you have to someone who wants some for a project

Old 02-20-2007, 05:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow.. i'm just checkin this thread out. Sorry to see that you had to go through so many problems with getting your kit right SFL. The body shop did a great job though.. your car looks good. I am the owner of the DP G that aHero posted up earlier in this thread. I got my replica from VIS out here in socal. Fitment was just about perfect, the bodyshop was impressed with how little prep work they had to do.

I'm so pissed right now, over the weekend I went to Vegas and the a damn Valet driver either backed my car into a truck or the truck hit my car.. i'm still trying to get a straight story from them. Anyway's, my left rear side is all F***ed up now. Of course they will be paying for it but i'm hoping that there wont be any issue's with a new rear bumper if they end up having to put a new one on all together.

Oh.. and on the painted to match rear lights.. DON'T DO IT!!! lol.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:29 PM
I would stay away from VIS based on this report- http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=13145448

here is import trendz, better but still far from acceptable.
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...nyID=100003893

Old 02-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I felt that in the case of import trendz they are providing products based on a niche, if there was a better company with same product line they wont survive. I have had to modify and fit my own kenstyle rear, the only reason I choose to accept the product is because no one else makes them in CF.

any pictures of the final product?

Old 02-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by wickedik
I would stay away from VIS based on this report- http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=13145448

uhmmm ...

Old 02-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Little late to the party, but wow...that looks like ***. They really need to make a new mold. Obviously their mold is completely warped...either that or the mold was never good to begin with...

Old 02-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, they got a D.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:34 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
yeh import trendz sucks

Old 02-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Originally Posted by wickedik

If I would have checked out the BBB rating before I purchased the kit from them I probably would have went a different route.. luckily the kit fit perfectly. The body shop was impressed. I guess they got lucky and have a good mold for their kenstyle kits. The reason I went to them right away is because i've known about them for atleast the last 8 years or so. They have used a few friends of mines cars to make and fit various kits in the past so I trusted them.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
also the kit is very thin as you can see in the last picture the thin spots and the light spots. the bodyshop tells me that the front is goin to take atleast 12hours to get the front into the proper condition gettin all the pinholes out, fixing the hole, taking the bars out and fixing them.

the rear is in better shape but still thin. they said the rear will take about 8 hours of prep work.

we didnt look too much at the sides, excpet that i want the badge areas filled in.

i feel i should get some of the money back i paid for it because of the crap quality it has where klumzyee and danny claim its good, the fact that i have been waiting 3 weeks for it when i was told a week, and that danny goes missing when i start asking where it is and not answering phone calls or pm's. i know its the holiday season and that will slow it down some but i should have had it a lot sooner. i run a parts company and sponsor the florida g35 club as well and i dont run and hide from my customers when im having problems getting parts. i know danny has sold to many people on here and have had great experiances, hence why i went with him. i just want to know what happened. but for anyone that is looking for this kit hopefully yours will turn out better. i would send it back and say screw it but i cant take the down time anymore i have to have my car back.

YOU ARE FRIGGEN CLUELESS! The body shop is taking you out on a ride! Not only that, they are telling you it's 12 hours to the prep work on a front bumper and claiming that this kit is thin? Have you seen a Kenstyle AUTHENTIC kit? The authentic kit is about 1/2 to 1/3 the thickness and MORE see through then this product. The transparancy of the product does NOT denote that it's a poor product. Transparancy simply means that the product does not have enough white pigmentation in the gelcoat (note I say pigmentation because it's just color, it doesn't mean there's not enough gel coat, just not enough color).

PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF prior to making assumptions.

Please tell you body shop they are the biggest *** reamers in the world, and next time to use vaseline prior to going up the back end of customers. Put blame where blame should be put.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:31 PM
By the way, for 12 hours, I can construct a NEW bumper. I don't know how your shop wants to spend their 12 hours...

Old 03-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Never enough
Originally Posted by boostinmr2
YOU ARE FRIGGEN CLUELESS! The body shop is taking you out on a ride! Not only that, they are telling you it's 12 hours to the prep work on a front bumper and claiming that this kit is thin? Have you seen a Kenstyle AUTHENTIC kit? The authentic kit is about 1/2 to 1/3 the thickness and MORE see through then this product. The transparancy of the product does NOT denote that it's a poor product. Transparancy simply means that the product does not have enough white pigmentation in the gelcoat (note I say pigmentation because it's just color, it doesn't mean there's not enough gel coat, just not enough color).

PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF prior to making assumptions.

Please tell you body shop they are the biggest *** reamers in the world, and next time to use vaseline prior to going up the back end of customers. Put blame where blame should be put.
With knock offs you get waves like the ocean along with bad fitment. I can see 12 hours prep fit and finish. But Hey what do I know I do this stuff all day long!

Old 03-07-2007, 09:46 PM
FGC President
who the fvck are you?? with your 35 posts thinkin your a hot shot

Old 03-07-2007, 09:48 PM
FGC President
nevermind i see now your aim name says it all

the biggest pos i have ever bought. your fitment is horrible and i hope no one ever buys from you again

Last edited by SFLG35; 03-08-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:53 PM
FGC President
maybe if your kit wasnt complete crap then i wouldnt have said what i said but you still make no effort to make me a happy customer. look at the pics look at the fitment its horrible. maiybe ill go take somemore just to show how bad it is

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kenstyle Kit By Import Trendz