Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Underbody DIffusers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
Angry Underbody DIffusers

Okay... this is kinda ticking me off... but i got my car from the dealership brand new. 2006 AT sport package with RAS. My car didnt come with a spoiler but i told them that i wanted one with the car.

My sales man even told me that if i get the spoiler it comes with under body diffusers. Well i just checked my car a min ago and guess what?!?! I DONT HAVE UNDER BODY DIFFUSERS!

Did infiniti just screwed me over and just installed the spoiler without the diffusers?

What can i do?

heres a link of what the diffusers look like.
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...t=air+diffuser

Last edited by Algy; 12-21-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The OEM spoiler comes with the underbody diffusers, so likely they installed an aftermarket OEM replica spoiler in place of a real OEM spoiler. Sorry, but you got screwed TWICE!

Old 12-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by redlude97
The OEM spoiler comes with the underbody diffusers, so likely they installed an aftermarket OEM replica spoiler in place of a real OEM spoiler. Sorry, but you got screwed TWICE!
Do you or ANYONE have picks of how the OEM 06 spoiler looks like? not the ironing board one.

So what do i do now?

Old 12-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Rear Spoiler and .......?

I got the diffusers with my spoiler that's why it took the ninnys at Glendale
Infiniti three hours to do the install. You need to return to the stealership
and ask why they didn't install the OEM spoiler with the diffusers like you
paid for....... Welcome to the world of dealing with Infiniti....GRRrrr!

Old 12-21-2007, 12:37 AM
ERRRRR!

So how do i go about doing this?

like how do i prove that my spoiler is a fake?? and the diffusers i can already say cause "I dont have them underneath my car" errrrr.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's possible that you got an OEM spoiler but more likely they got lazy and decided not to put on the diffusers. Also in the spoiler kit are replacement struts for the trunk. They're supposed to be stronger than the non-spoiler version. Personally I don't see why they're needed since the spoiler is so light anyway.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by vjquan
It's possible that you got an OEM spoiler but more likely they got lazy and decided not to put on the diffusers. Also in the spoiler kit are replacement struts for the trunk. They're supposed to be stronger than the non-spoiler version. Personally I don't see why they're needed since the spoiler is so light anyway.
so are you trying to say i might not have the strut either?!?!

Old 12-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Algy
ERRRRR!

So how do i go about doing this?

like how do i prove that my spoiler is a fake?? and the diffusers i can already say cause "I dont have them underneath my car" errrrr.
the LED's in the fake spoiler wont be as bright as the rear brake lights on the car...

Old 12-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Algy
so are you trying to say i might not have the strut either?!?!
Yup. When the dealer swaps out parts, they're supposed to return the old items to you unless it's a warranty replacement.

Was the spoiler negotiated with the sale of the car or was it billed as a separate item. If separate, the invoice should have a Nissan part number. If it was an IOU form, does it state OEM spoiler? Since you said you bought it new and it's an '06, I take it that it was done some time ago and now you're just figuring it out?

Last edited by vjquan; 12-21-2007 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:36 AM
Yup. When the dealer swaps out parts, they're supposed to return the old items to you unless it's a warranty replacement.

Was the spoiler negotiated with the sale of the car or was it billed as a separate item. If separate, the invoice should have a Nissan part number. If it was an IOU form, does it state OEM spoiler? Since you said you bought it new and it's an '06, I take it that it was done some time ago and now you're just figuring it out?
i will have to get back to you on that with the bill if it was separated or not. but i can say that when i saw the car, it didnt have a spoiler and my salesman said he could add the spoiler on and the DIFFUSERS that come with it, before it leaves the dealership to come home with me.

Parts??? there were no parts that came home with me the day it left the dealership.

Yeah, i never knew about the diffusers until i got an oil change at my dads auto shop and notice i didnt have the diffusers cause of a recent thread that came up.

oh yeah and about the spoiler.... do the fake ones have lots of lil tiny leds????? or are they the ones that are big round circle leds that are about 6 or 8 of them???? cause i notice people driving around with the 06 style tail and their leds were different from mine.
for instance this is the tail of mine I .............. I <-- thats how they look BUUUUT the others i see are like this I ooooooo I

Last edited by Algy; 12-21-2007 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:51 AM
Banned
Why don't you post up some pics?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Premier Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you post up some pics?

+1.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:23 PM
had a talk with the sales manager at the dealership i got my car from and they looked up my vehicle statement... it says that i just asked for the spoiler and not the aero package so that understandable. but they didnt tell me i was getting a replica spoiler. salesman just said i would be paying just for a spoiler. NOT A REPLICATED ONE.

so what can i do about this?

Old 12-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Banned
Probably nothing now. Dealers are sneaky. The salesman isn't the one who did the install, so that's one communication flaw. Unless you were diligent and made sure the invoice/IOU/work order specifically stated OEM, then the word spoiler can mean anything. The aero package is just a spoiler and mudguards. The spoiler itself can be ordered separately, which comes with new trunk lid supports and the diffusers, but obviously they cheated you by installing a replica in hopes you wouldn't notice and pocketing more $$$. I'll even bet they charged you more than what it would cost if you were to go straight to the parts department yourself. Their system says spoiler, but if you have any documentation that refers to OEM, factory, or Nissan, you may have something, otherwise, live and learn.