Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

K2 Fitiment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Question K2 Fitiment

Eh guys.

Recently had a k2 bumper installed and to make a long story short though it looks decent (to me anyway), there's a pretty noticeable gap between the top of the kit and the OEM hood.

Apparently this is quite common- so I'm wondering if there are some common fixes. I'm pretty new, so keep it down to about the 4th grade level.

One suggestion was to boost up the upper lip of the kit slightly to meet the hood. Alternatively, a suggestion to lower the hood receiver arm slightly to meet the top of the kit. Another more exotic suggestion was to scrap the grille and fit an OEM grille in there whuch would of course require some cutting and refinishing.

Frankly- I just want it to look flush. If I can get an idea of what works best then I'll at least know what kind of shop I'll need to get it done. There isn't a huge market for this kind of work so it's harder than it sounds.

Unfortunately, the parts were painted before fitting- which I know was backwards... long story. I kind of expect that I might have to get some touch up work done.

Thanks for the help.

Attached Thumbnails K2 Fitiment-dsc00308.jpg   K2 Fitiment-dsc00304.jpg  
Old 06-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
well on my last ride i had this issue and i did like youve mentioned and adjusted the hood, only problem then is the hood will sit below the fenders a little. However, I think it would look better if the hood and front bumper were closer more so than the hood and fenders if thats what it comes down to...car looks damn good tho btw!

Old 06-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Thumbs up

Eh thanks man! I'll have to take a closer look at that option- seems to me it wasn't TOO hard to do... There's enough flex in the top edge of the bumper kit to give a little too- so perhaps I'll try that out.