Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Plasti dip mirrors... yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackus
If you sanded, you might as well have done it correctly with flat paint.
We already are. Used some bondo to fix a couple scratches in the grill, sand down, and going to paint and clear coat it.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Smitty50

Basically this morning, I realized about plasti dip and I already want to peel it off my grill as I want it done good. Stop attacking I learned my lesson, dad.

But I appreciate it. Thank you for your opinion. I didn't know why I loved plasti dip when in reality it looks like sh*t. I'm definently not going to bother with that crap again.
Finally.

It wasn't an attack, it was me beating it into your head. I just want you to do things right and not use that wack **** that fades paint.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by 4DGS
You're new on this forum, you make countless dumb threads such as "the human intake" You make threads about things that could have been searched for or googled, such as "How to clean/shine my exhaust tips?" Then you ask for opinions and when people say don't do it, you throw a bitch fit and try and argue the opinion you asked for.
Thats pretty much every newb lately. "I have 13 posts, I OWN THIS PLACE!!!! You're all dumb cuz dont likez my car.. blah blah blah...." I belong to many automotive forums, not once do I ever recall posting stupid sh;te or stuff thats already been discussed... even when I was a newb years ago. Younger people today dont think before they speak/type and it shows. Plus most of them have this, Im right, youre wrong mentality that just multiplies itself ten fold on the Internet.

With the price of G35s dropping more and more you get more younger kids with no modding budgets who go the "ricer" or "tacky" route

We already are. Used some bondo to fix a couple scratches in the grill, sand down, and going to paint and clear coat it.
Word of advice... BONDO = GARBAGE!!! Dont use it!!! 3M or Rage make fillers 100x better. And you should have used a high build primer to fill scratches, not body filler

I hope youre using automotive bc/cc and not some Duplicolor garbage you get at AutoZone....

Last edited by G2FLIP4; 01-10-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
Hes going to use duplicolor caliper paint instead.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Thats pretty much every newb lately. "I have 13 posts, I OWN THIS PLACE!!!! You're all dumb cuz dont likez my car.. blah blah blah...." I belong to many automotive forums, not once do I ever recall posting stupid sh;te or stuff thats already been discussed... even when I was a newb years ago. Younger people today dont think before they speak/type and it shows. Plus most of them have this, Im right, youre wrong mentality that just multiplies itself ten fold on the Internet.

With the price of G35s dropping more and more you get more younger kids with no modding budgets who go the "ricer" or "tacky" route

Word of advice... BONDO = GARBAGE!!! Dont use it!!! 3M or Rage make fillers 100x better. And you should have used a high build primer to fill scratches, not body filler

I hope youre using automotive bc/cc and not some Duplicolor garbage you get at AutoZone....

You done yet?

Tried bondo. Terrible. I use SEM products.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
You done yet?
Ya Im done... unless youre gonna make another useless thread, stupid thread, or duplicate thread thats been beatin' to death already.... cuz you dont know how to use the SEARCH feature...

Im with 4DGS on this one, youre never gonna get away from the "newb" status with your kind of posting and threads

Old 01-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
5 Pages of funny!

Old 01-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Ya Im done... unless youre gonna make another useless thread, stupid thread, or duplicate thread thats been beatin' to death already.... cuz you dont know how to use the SEARCH feature...

Im with 4DGS on this one, youre never gonna get away from the "newb" status with your kind of posting and threads
Ok. You done yet?

Old 01-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Do you guys love each other?

Old 04-17-2011, 09:38 PM
I was too afraid to sand and F up my grill so I cleaned it, sprayed plasti-dip on it, and noticed it looked nice. THEN after a month I peeled it off (nothing was wrong) and sanded it down to paint it matte black. I suxed a painting so took like 3 tries. Looked a little better and smoother. after 2 weeks I have chips and scratches everywhere! So I stripped it down and plastidipped.....when I noticed it was somewhat not perfect I got some 2000grit and sanded a little. looked great hit it with a clear coat and matched my car perfectly. Plasti-dip lasted longer than krylon and is able to remove with no EXTRA products. Just peel off every 6 months and make a new set. If you tell me that I suck at painting then ur a dumb**** I said that myself, If you say I should get it dont professionally don't you think I would've if I could pay for it? Look my entire car needs paint!!!!! However, just to turn heads in traffic and my bosses compliments I do whatever I CAN! If you don't like plasti-dip your words are already on here you can leave now. If it hurts you that we do plasti-dip how about you paint are parts for us and just charge shipping. This thread started months ago so if you have time to be on every single page then you can obviously do a grill.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My grill looks like **** thanks to this plasti dip idea lol. I guess i didnt take my time. Graduation present new grill parker? i think so..

Old 04-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
i plasti dipped my stock 17"s for the winter, they looked gross and cheap, couldn't wait to put my gloss black summer rims on

Old 04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by pwestbball11
My grill looks like **** thanks to this plasti dip idea lol. I guess i didnt take my time. Graduation present new grill parker? i think so..
Weren't you defending it a page back?

Old 05-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Received 355 Likes on 215 Posts
plasti dip.....

Old 09-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I have a twilight blue sedan and I just PD my rims what color would look good on it? I really like the black but I want to try a different color maybe bronze or gold? Did anyone do that to their rims? Gold? White? To thier twilight blue?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Plasti dip mirrors... yay or nay?