Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

anyone get the battery cover from strictlyz?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you order yours from??

Originally Posted by jdbinspired
I also bought the brake fluid cover... But I never had to drill... everything lined up perfectly...

Old 01-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prolly Strictly Z...

Old 01-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Did you ever get yours???

Originally Posted by pfizzle
Prolly Strictly Z...

Old 01-12-2005, 04:45 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
i wonder how much these things cost wholesale..

Old 01-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by accordfreak
i wonder how much these things cost wholesale..

they are a Japan domestic part so not only are they paying more than wholesale, but there are also transportation costs to the US. if you can snag one for $45 then I think that's fairly reasonable. either that or pick one up yourself next time you visit Japan =)

Old 01-12-2005, 10:13 PM
I installed a cover about 8 months ago. Took a while to get, but strictlyz informed me of the shipment delay from japan and I did get it at the later time they told me. Installed in seconds, looks great!

Old 01-13-2005, 12:31 PM
IQ9
You guys should keep slamming Kyle-he's horrible...upgrading the site, trying to get group buys going and going out to companies to try and get special deals for G35driver members. I know he is a one man operation,but at the same time I don't hear any complaints about the smartass staff at Grubbs. Just try to rememeber the last time you ran a business and a website with 14,000 members on your own...oh yeah you can't because you don't. It is hard to buy parts and want them ASAP and Kyle knows this. He's a gearhead too but he is only one man and yes things do have to be juggled as he does have a new baby girl at home. Yelling is ok but keep in mind Kyle is not trying to avoid you, he just wants to get the orders handled and shipped so you can get your parts and enjoy them. He needs to hear it but slamming doesn't help someone fine tune their problems. For the locals, I too have been at the shop when Kyle has to leave and he goes to pick up parts that he needs for the brake covers or just to pick up the next run of covers from the machinist or to get shipping materials. It can be difficult to wait so I know your pain and it seems some of you are not too upset now. Keep up the good work Kyle. Are you going to be cloning yourself soon? That would really help...keep it in mind,man. I just get tried for seeing Kyle slammed and hearing nothing about $hitty service elsewhere,I know some folks think becasue Kyle owns the site that slamming him here is the best way to get his attention but its not right to use the forum as a public email.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Well if people are asking kyle in the forum about their orders im betting it was probably their last resort, they probably have already called and emailed him, and thinking since he owns the site that he would probably see it and maybe respond. Im new to the site and still trying to figure out what companies is should get parts from, more than likely going to go with mackin, but from what i see, ive heard basically mostly complaints about strictly Z, ive heard some good feedback on his products and how some were shipped out pretty quick, but thats only a few, i dont see strictly Z as being to dependable on odering status. I know kyle is doing it all on his own and more power to him for doing it that way, but maybe its just a lil bit too much for just 1 person, especially if u say he has so little free time now.

Old 01-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
at no point did I "slam kyle". I appreciate the site and his efforts at getting good prices on parts for us. like evoklumsy said, I tried the pm's, emails, phone calls (no answer) and didn't get anywhere, so I figgured maybe this was a better way of getting ahold of him. I think I've given him the benefit of doubt for waiting this long, I just would like a response whether or not my order was shipped, processed or still on back order. If it's on backorder and will be another month fine, just let me know. If he can't get it anymore fine, just let me know and I'll order it from somewhere else. All I'm asking for is a response.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:05 PM
why do you guys waste money on that? -.- does it really matter.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Why did you "waste" the money on the Aluminum Pedals?? B/C it improves the overall apperance of under the hood. Plus if you go to car shows, some judges really look at how good under your hood looks as well as the outside of the car?

So whats the general consus? Strictly Z or Grubbs or some where else and if some where else where?????

Originally Posted by g35sammy
why do you guys waste money on that? -.- does it really matter.

Last edited by DINOONE; 01-13-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:21 PM
I ordered my cover on Thanksgiving weekend and received the part within 2 weeks. Shipping costs were reasonable and the sale price was unbeatable. I have not ordered anything from Grubbs due to unreasonable shipping costs. I didn't have to drill anything with Strictly Z's cover and the kit came with all the caps and covers needed to make the install look factory. I would buy from Strictly Z again...

Old 01-13-2005, 09:22 PM
i wasted money on the pedals because at least not just from the aesthetic point of the product, i like the feel. im sure your always under the hood touching that thing eh? ^^ jk~ some people. so sensitive.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:33 AM
I want to order a battery cover for the drivers side that doesn't need to be modified. However, I can't access the strictlyz website. Where can I go or who can I contact in order to get a cover that doesn't need modification done to it?