Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

people with nismo replica bumper: any problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 03:58 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well the pics of all the people who got the nismo replica turned out pretty nicely.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by G352NV
Is that right? This is not true with the fake stuff they dont give a **** they just want to get it out. Why should they care, they dont have to worry about their name. I just got done with my Greddy fake **** bumper! Ive seen the real and the fake. The fake was so paper thin I could have put my finger through it! I had to lay up more glass and glaze the whole thing! Sure I saved 200.00 but it also took me one full day to fix. If I had to to do all over again, I wouldnt! I would buy the real deal! Heres some pics of FAKE ings sides. Whats wrong with this picture?

where did you order your kit from? is it one of those ebay ones?

Old 03-07-2005, 08:22 AM
although the greddy replica turned out to be ar$e based on the earlier person's comments, the question here was regarding the NISMO. i know far more people on this forum w/ the replica nismo than the greddy. NISMO replica i believe is a better replica than the greddy....if there even is such a thing as a 'better replica'...somewhat of an oxymoron. anyways IMO better to spend an extra hour or three on fitment and save yourself 1k when all it takes is one pothole, one speed bump or one curb or one bad driver from cracking/scratching destroying bumpers/body kits/lips (main reason I refuse to purchase one).

Old 03-07-2005, 10:47 AM
I went with the Nismo for now because I knew that I was staying N/A for at least another year or two (then after I purchase the APS S/T, I'm going with the Top Secret front) - so I really didn't want to plop down too much money into this... the bumper did need some TLC from the body shop guys, but in the end they ended up raving about how well it fit and how good it looks...

I, personally, am very happy with the Nismo front bumper and would not have changed a thing...

Old 03-07-2005, 10:34 PM
nismo rep is the earliest made about 2yrs , before the greddy, ings+ and TS ...
maybe they did changes to the nismo rep after all these time
thats why it fit better then the others!

as for cracking ..well the real thing is fiberglass too...so they will crack just like the rep ones

Old 03-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Banned
as long as i dont hit anything i think itll be cool. the fit looks great on the pics that ive seen

Old 03-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by g35noob
as long as i dont hit anything i think itll be cool. the fit looks great on the pics that ive seen
But pics simply don't do the justice man. I thought the same thing when looking at pics of the replica before I bought mine... "Gee, looks like a good fit." But go ahead and do what you think is right... Maybe I'll take some high res pics for you to show you "the fit."

Old 03-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by supsup
as for cracking ..well the real thing is fiberglass too...so they will crack just like the rep ones
This is not true. Nismo is a big time company, they have fiberglassing down to a science. The body shop I go to has literally painted/installed/worked on all the heavily modified Zs in the NYC/northern NJ area. Everyone has replica stuff here. The first thing he said when he saw my authentic Nismo bumper was "Holy $hit that's some quality fiberglass."

It seems the majority of people with the Type-N bumper aren't reporting any major problems. They all seem satisfied with the purchase. If you don't drive in sub freezing temps and don't put the car through a lot of abuse, I say go for it.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:02 AM
Banned
you said go for it. i went for it .

Originally Posted by wickedG35
But pics simply don't do the justice man. I thought the same thing when looking at pics of the replica before I bought mine... "Gee, looks like a good fit." But go ahead and do what you think is right... Maybe I'll take some high res pics for you to show you "the fit."
i think ive seen a few high res pics where the sides didnt match slightly. im willing to deal with that. i mean cmon, the replica is almost 600 dollars less. 875 for the nismo, 299 for the replica. no brainer the way i see it.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:30 PM
any good body shop will make it fit good - mine did need some adjustments, but now it matches with the fender lines perfectly... congrats on the purchase and know that the most important part (picking the right body shop) is still on the to-do list...

Old 03-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Banned
yeah ive decided on afterhours in so cal. socalted recommended me them and i looked at their website. they seem to be the perfect shop to do this, i just hope pricing isnt too steep.