Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

people with nismo replica bumper: any problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
people with nismo replica bumper: any problems?

i talked to alot of people and they all told me it was risky buying a cheap imitation of the nismo. i also heard that the low quality fiberglass cracks upon impact. anyone with the replica experience any of these problems yet?

Old 03-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by g35noob
i talked to alot of people and they all told me it was risky buying a cheap imitation of the nismo. i also heard that the low quality fiberglass cracks upon impact. anyone with the replica experience any of these problems yet?
Did you talk to a lot of people that bought the actual replica or a just a lot of people? I bought the replica and it fit great. As with almost all fiberglass bumpers it needed to be smoothed out to make sure it looked it's best. From what I remeber this replica also has another substance mixed in as well to give it a little more strength. So you know, any fiberglass product will crack upon impact.

Here's my results

Old 03-03-2005, 09:04 AM
awesome...

Old 03-03-2005, 10:21 AM
same thing here - perfect fit and it looks great - just like b0hr though, if you look REALLY close, you can see the gap on the left side of the grill is slightly bigger than the right side of the grill - but that's being REALLY picky!

if I had it to do all over again - I wouldn't change a thing - I absolutely love it and I've gotten tons of compliments since installing it...

Old 03-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Banned
were your replicas from 350zforums.org? because i love yours and that is where im getting mine.

Old 03-03-2005, 10:22 PM
just to let u know...
the real nismo kit is fiberglass too...so if u buy the real one..
it is still gonna crack.....almost any japan brand bumper is fiberglass

Old 03-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Banned
is the replica weaker than a stock bumper?

Old 03-04-2005, 01:59 AM
obviously? if not, why would it be only 1/2 price of the real one?

i am thinking about the Type-N bumper as well..

Old 03-04-2005, 02:30 AM
Banned
no i meant stock bumper. not the real nismo -_-...

read..

Old 03-07-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by Asianicboi
obviously? if not, why would it be only 1/2 price of the real one?

i am thinking about the Type-N bumper as well..
no, it is not "Obviously". the original nismo front bumper is no stronger than the replicas. bot h bumpers are manufactured using the same hand laid fiberglass techinque. the only difference is the brand name and as usualy replicas are not 100% the same fit as the originals due to manufacturing variances. usually you will lose a little bit of definition in the bumpers body lines and some wavyness may occur as a result of the chemical reaction when making the molds. but for the price they are well worth it IMO.

Old 03-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Never enough
Originally Posted by wickedik
no, it is not "Obviously". the original nismo front bumper is no stronger than the replicas. bot h bumpers are manufactured using the same hand laid fiberglass techinque. the only difference is the brand name and as usualy replicas are not 100% the same fit as the originals due to manufacturing variances. usually you will lose a little bit of definition in the bumpers body lines and some wavyness may occur as a result of the chemical reaction when making the molds. but for the price they are well worth it IMO.
Is that right? This is not true with the fake stuff they dont give a **** they just want to get it out. Why should they care, they dont have to worry about their name. I just got done with my Greddy fake **** bumper! Ive seen the real and the fake. The fake was so paper thin I could have put my finger through it! I had to lay up more glass and glaze the whole thing! Sure I saved 200.00 but it also took me one full day to fix. If I had to to do all over again, I wouldnt! I would buy the real deal! Heres some pics of FAKE ings sides. Whats wrong with this picture?

Attached Thumbnails people with nismo replica bumper: any problems?-picture-801.jpg   people with nismo replica bumper: any problems?-picture-809.jpg   people with nismo replica bumper: any problems?-picture-810.jpg  
Old 03-07-2005, 01:52 AM
a little rough around the edges but thet piece actually looks thick compared to macufacturing standards. BTW we are currently discussing the comparitive strength of the original and replica fiberglass bumpers. also i have seen the thickness of the replica greddy front bumper for the g35 that you speak of and it is by no means paper thin i hope you can admit that your bumper was much thicker than paper and that you are exaggerating as this picture shows that if it were thin as paper it would not be able to hold its shape.

looks fine to me.

agreed the originals are nice and if you dont have access to someone who know how to work with fiberglass, it may be cheaper for you to get the originals but if you are able to work with fiberglass or have access to capable body shops that can do the work the the replicas are a definate option. also, note that some replicas are better than others. and the ones that we hear about are mostly only the bad ones.

Last edited by wickedik; 03-07-2005 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:14 AM
Never enough
My fake greddy was VERY thin, so thin I could see through it, yes see through it! I have no reason to BS. As for those sides. I was told they were taken from a direct mold of the REAL ings sides. They are warped and twisted. They also have large bubbles in them about four inches round. They wouldnt even come close to going on the car.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:33 AM
i've heard bad fitment problem on the ings + kit..
so try stay out of it until they make a better mold
the nismo rep first came out pretty bad too! but now they did adjustment to it
and it fits fine now!

Old 03-07-2005, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by wickedik
No, the brand name is DEFINATELY not the only difference. I have the replica nismo bumper and I would definately not buy another replica kit anymore. Fitment is not 100%, the fiberglass (which sucks in general) is stronger with the real nismo bumper, and my bumper has a bunch of small indentations that were only visible after the paint stage. Like I said, the real nismo stuff is comparable to OEM stuff. Everything bolts up as if the kit was meant to go on there (which it was, since the real manafacturer of the kit took the time and money to do so). You get what you pay for, simple as that...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: people with nismo replica bumper: any problems?