Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

gauges install stage 1 (56k warning)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mc2
looks horrible.

but whatever floats your boat.

i love you guys...you fall all over yourselves at the possibility of getting Carbon Fiber taillight covers and then you pick on this guy for getting a really nice set of gauges

at least you haters have some hot mods like 20" rims , grounding kits and overlays

whatever man, at least you're boosted and you can back up the looks of your car.

Last edited by evolved_4g63; 04-24-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by evolved_4g63
i love you guys...you fall all over yourselves at the possibility of getting Carbon Fiber taillight covers and then you pick on this guy for getting a really nice set of gauges

at least you haters have some hot mods like 20" rims , grounding kits and overlays

whatever man, at least you're boosted and you can back up the looks of your car.
Ok so he is boosted, big deal, so are other members on this forum, you dont see them putting every type of guage possible. Thats besides the fact

Originally Posted by powerhousefan
ok, this is my daily driver and i'm planning on upgrading the internals and raising boost. that's what i was thinking.

Ok but you dont need that many guages. But wat ever man, like someone else said, wat ever floats your boat.

Old 04-24-2005, 07:45 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evolved_4g63

haha, youre the only hater buddy. It's not like he asked how should i install my guages or where can i buy this and this... he made a thread that just had some pictures of his guages in it and that was basically it. he's obviously looking for some opinions and i just gave him mine. This wasnt one of those where some guy comes on the forums asking where he can get some altezza taillights and fifteen different people flame the **** out of him for it with absolutely nothing related to his post. it's his car he can do whatever he damn well likes and really i could care less. i'm not hating about anything i just would never do that no matter how "boosted" i am. My last two of three cars have been FI making nearly 300 HP at the wheels and i didnt have nearly as many guages.. but really? even if i did i wouldnt have set them up like that because like i said, it's my opinion, that it looks horrible. and it's absoutely nothing personal to powerhouse and i'm sure if he's a grown adult he wouldnt take my criticism personally either and just accept it because unless he's jus tposting on here so everyone can suck his dick and tell him how good that crap looks then he should have mentioned so in the title that he couldnt take any bad remarks.

like i said.. whatever floats your boat. personally i just think it looks horrible. and it's not even your car i dont know why youre taking it personally. so why dont you quit sucking his dick and chill the **** out idiot.

thanks.

Last edited by mc2; 04-24-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:32 PM
damn i think that is a bit much, even with FI

how are you ever gonna be able to watch all those, youre gonna have to have 3 passengers just to be able to keep an eye on all those gauges. but whatever you like.

Old 04-24-2005, 08:44 PM
All those tachs... I expected to see a 6MT. Is that white on the dash gauges? Thats about as far as I would go, on my 6MT.

Last edited by old68; 04-24-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
funny how the people who don't like it are the ones who don't have fi.
whatever, if you don't like i don't care.
about the pillar - imho that's the biggest rice you can have. i see guys putting a boost gauge and other gauges on the pillar and they don't even have fi. why?
i'm going for a sleeper mode and trying not to show what my car has. i've raced a few vettes and the guys are amased at the power my car has, considering it's an automatic. everyone said they didn't see it coming, i mean losing to a sedan x.

Old 04-24-2005, 11:59 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the fact that i don't like it has nothing to do with the fact that my car is not turboed or supercharged. I just dont think it looks that great and doesnt seem to fit in with the rest of the car.

As i mentioned earlier i have owned and driven many turbo charged cars in my life and i still wouldnt like what you've done. The gauges are definately VERY nice gauges no doubt but i just think the execution could have been better. I think something more subtle might have been good. Maybe have them molded into the cover for the navi cubby or somethign like that. But like i said before, whatever, if you like it, thats good for you.

I'm sure your car is fast as hell and that's fine too and i'm sure you get very respectable times at the track. So props for a nice car.

Old 04-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
mah man, don't let anyone else to tell you that it's ricy. the car 0WNZ. keep it up. most of us, after spending $30k+ for the car, wouldn't think of dropping another $15k+ in it (well, i, for one, am considering it, but painfully so).

i would LOVE to have unlimited resources and just /supersize/ the car big time. you are actually /doing/ it. just keep posting the info, keep posting pics, and you will be an inspiration to others aspiring FI owners.

Old 04-25-2005, 12:35 AM
where is the flux capacitor... im not making fun of you... i just think all cars need flux capacitors... i want one... ebay here i come!

Old 04-25-2005, 12:36 AM
uh, ive had a vortech on my G, sold it, now going single turbo,

sleeper? i dont think that could be considered sleeper criteria.

Old 04-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tyson_Junkers
where is the flux capacitor... im not making fun of you... i just think all cars need flux capacitors... i want one... ebay here i come!
would a sticker work?...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Old 04-25-2005, 12:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i don't know how many of you actually noticed - but this is not a finished project. i'm going back to the shop on friday to finish it. what you see is a general idea of where it will be.
a sleeper car is a car that looks stock from an outside. you don't see gauges unless you look inside from up close. you don't even notice the intercooler unless you look from an angle.
check it out
this is what it looks like from up front

that's why i don't like a pillar - it would give it out.
there is no body kit, no stickers, no 3" exhaust pipe or any of that. like i said people who are unfamiliar with our cars don't expect my baby to be a match at all.

Old 04-25-2005, 01:04 AM
Not quite a sleeper look. Cant hide that Stillen hood. Hood does look good on a dark G.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:20 AM
wait a second...am i seeing an interior of a rocket or a plane?
wow...this should go into "the hilarious one" forum

Old 04-25-2005, 08:23 AM
What gauges are available with the HKS Camp system? Powerhouse, check it out. It will display on the OEM screen. I like the idea of montiroing the engine, however, It may grow a bit old on you to have all of them around you.
RJM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gauges install stage 1 (56k warning)