Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

gauges install stage 1 (56k warning)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cry, cry, cry
wah, wah, wah
they dont like my gauges MIKEY

Old 05-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man, i don't mind criticism, but make it constructive criticism. don't call someone's car a club 54. tell exactly what you would have done differently. if you are planning on running close to 800hp, would you just put a boost gauge? these forums are full of people who just say - i don't like it. end of story. all i'm saying, lets see your car. first of all - do you own a g or a z for that matter. second, lets see what you've done with it. lets see you spend over $15k and what your car will look like. i for one would give an honest opinion because i've done that as oppose to a 16 year old kid who never had to work one day in his life to buy any performance parts or the car itself.

Last edited by powerhousefan; 05-03-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:11 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by powerhousefan
man, i don't mind criticism, but make it constructive criticis. don't call someone's car a club 54. tell exactly what you would have done differently. if you are planning on running close to 800hp, would you just put a boost gauge? these forums are full of people who just say - i don't like it. end of story. all i'm saying, lets see your car. first of all - do you own a g or a z for that matter. second, lets see what you've done with it. lets see you spend over $15k and what your car will look like. i for one would give an honest opinion because i've done that as oppose to a 16 year old kid who never had to work one day in his life to buy any performance parts or the car itself.
A few questions (and don't bother flaming me cuz I've put my time, money - well passed $15k- and sweat into my car as you can see in my sig and post count). First, how do you plan to achieve 800hp with a supercharger, and a Stillen (closed box) system at that? Secondly, what other mods do you plan on added to your "800hp" achievement; ie. drive train, etc.?

Now for a few comments. I agree with the poster who said that those gauges located by your right leg are useless. Gauges are generally placed in an area you can readily see when USING that power. Who cares if you can see it when you’re parked? Also, the vinyl (material) you used (in the pic) does look cheap...now, whether that's the final product or not, I don't now. I seem to remember you mentioning that it was thrown together in one night to meet a deadline. Lastly, if you post here, you're going to get opinions. Opinions come in many favors; from the, "I don't like" to the full blown criticism. Which ever you get, they ARE opinions. It comes with the territory.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by powerhousefan
man, i don't mind criticism, but make it constructive criticism. don't call someone's car a club 54. tell exactly what you would have done differently. if you are planning on running close to 800hp, would you just put a boost gauge? these forums are full of people who just say - i don't like it. end of story. all i'm saying, lets see your car. first of all - do you own a g or a z for that matter. second, lets see what you've done with it. lets see you spend over $15k and what your car will look like. i for one would give an honest opinion because i've done that as oppose to a 16 year old kid who never had to work one day in his life to buy any performance parts or the car itself.
No need to get all sensitive, I really dont think you'll ever get anywhere near close to 800hp, I do own a 03 OB coupe and work damn hard for it, its stock except for rims but,.....just because you dump 15,000 in your car doesnt give you claim to fame or to having good taste and doesnt allow us not to give our opinion. Last, calling a 280hp stock car that is 40k in your case a 55k with a bunch of gauges a sleeper is just dumb. Everybody and there mom already knows our car is fast... bone stock.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:28 PM
the setup looks clean to me even tho i think all those gauges r alittle too much.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:36 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i own a 05 G35C DG/G 6MT. It's bone stock and has 200 miles on it. Neither can i afford to drop 15K into it, nor would i ever drop 15K into a 35K car, because for 50K there are a couple other things i'd like to be driving instead. Either way, i think the car is perfect bone stock.

Old 05-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by mc2
i own a 05 G35C DG/G 6MT. It's bone stock and has 200 miles on it. Neither can i afford to drop 15K into it, nor would i ever drop 15K into a 35K car, because for 50K there are a couple other things i'd like to be driving instead. Either way, i think the car is perfect bone stock.
EXACTLY!!

Old 05-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
just wondering, what model are those defi gauges? what color do they light up at night? are they warning/ peak hold gauges?

Old 05-11-2005, 11:09 PM
these are nice gauges, not that I will ever need them, but they are nice.
I have seen just as many, if not, more in a Supra..... if you're boosted and serious about performance and drive your car hard, then you will need those gauges to monitor the car's condition. But, you put them pretty low so i don't know if you have put them in the better available spots in the car..... Good luck to you getting to the 800 mark, I save why not save the money for a Viper....but hey, that's just me

Old 05-11-2005, 11:22 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by mc2
Find a luxury car with 450 hp for $50k...I think not.

Old 05-12-2005, 08:49 AM
The gauges are not really in a sensible location, and you have way too many of them.

Unless your car is hella tweaked out to the max, you really only need H2O temp, oil pressure, and boost. Oil temp helps, but, honestly, your oil is almost always too hot, so run a cooler anyway... ha.

As far as looks go, IMO, it's really kind of ridiculous, but it could get some props on the show circuit. I have my DEFI stuff just mounted on my dash using the supplied cups. Then again my car is a little racier (DGTrials Slide or Die S13) so I don't mind... but I think you could do a better job "hiding" the gauges, like a custom pod for the dash out of fiberglass. You could even put a tinted cover on it.

You could also try to incorporate the 3 important gauges into the NAV area and actually have them close away... You could leave the warning light external on your dash (or even somewhere crazy and remote that is right in your eyes) so you don't need the gauges out all the time, esp. if you get the display unit.

You have toooons of options... don't commit to insanity before it's too late

Old 05-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would go with the fiberglass... or as your planning CF for some sort of custom dash... stock hu sucks anyway get rid of it and put all your gauges there and put a hu somewhere else... another idea might be putting some of those gauges in the sunglass holder area?? but anyway a stock looking sedan with stock wheels that's blown... hell of a sleeper... how is your intercooler placement tho??