G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Interior & Exterior (https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior-21/)
-   -   Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors (https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/54272-reverse-tilt-down-outside-mirrors.html)

G35UKY 08-14-2006 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by rockd
I really want to get this, but I'm worried about the difficulty of the installation... Are there english instructions for it? And does the package come with the auto-fold feature?

Also, has anyone installed it and taken pictures of the process?

Thanks!

No english instructions are available since this is only available as a Japan dealer installed option. It, theoretically, should be plug and play, but I'm sure putting this on the US version will involve some splicing.

It will have the control to automatically fold you mirrors in when you shut the car off if you buy the auto fold in mirrors.

No one has installed this yet:( . I am supposed to the guinea pig.:D

bythabay 08-14-2006 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by G35UKY
No english instructions are available since this is only available as a Japan dealer installed option. It, theoretically, should be plug and play, but I'm sure putting this on the US version will involve some splicing.

It will have the control to automatically fold you mirrors in when you shut the car off if you buy the auto fold in mirrors.

I want to see DIY write up for the auto tilt down feature... ASAP... and a link to where I can order :D

rockd 08-14-2006 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by G35UKY

Do it and everyone here will be forever grateful!!

bythabay 08-14-2006 03:35 PM

Maybe if everyone chipped in $5 or $10 to the guy who would get these and install them w/ super detailed pics & instructions.. I wouldn't even mind some video.

just post your paypal addy.. you have my support :)

G35UKY 08-15-2006 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by bythabay
Maybe if everyone chipped in $5 or $10 to the guy who would get these and install them w/ super detailed pics & instructions.. I wouldn't even mind some video.

just post your paypal addy.. you have my support :)

Paypal email: smbisc0uk@aol.com

I'm definitely going to do it.:D I've aleady curbed one wheel and don't want to do that again. :(

I am most uncomfortable about getting the right parts all the way from Japan and being able to figure if I have the correct parts when they get here and not knowing if something is missing.

ajonas 08-16-2006 11:42 AM

tilt mirrors - must check this out....

Don't know if anyone has found this site yet, i just came across it last night...but kptechnologies.com makes many cool "modules" for our cars. They make a window auto up kit and a auto open/close kit for the sunroof. Very good quality and very complete... BUT the coolest thing they have on the table is a module for the auto tilt of the mirrors. They are in the testing phase and once completed I would presume it would be as sweet of a mod as the others. Just a thought!

Sportcoupe35 08-16-2006 01:03 PM

KP has been working on this for a little while.
I've owned some of their other modules and they work great.
They make quality products and they work well. I'm just waiting for him to finish it.

mephistomyhero 08-16-2006 03:16 PM

If you look back, somewhere in all these 12 pages of posts, KP said they are working on it but ran into some difficulties an expenses.

lbcdefg35 08-16-2006 05:05 PM

yo G35UKY keep up the good work.!!! people like me and some others appreciate what your doing.....just fcuk all the haters and keep it up.!!!
much love...lbcdefg35.....pz.!!!

Calvin 08-16-2006 05:13 PM

yeh KP has been around for quite a while. nothing new here..

G35UKY 08-16-2006 05:23 PM

Possible contact in the US

Does anyone live to north side of the 210 freeway, just west of the 605 freeway, just east of Pasadena? This place called Performance Nissan might be able to get us these parts.;)

I sent an email with the part numbers to Tony Nazzal there on Monday, Aug. 7, but he has not responded. He said that he could probably get some pricing if given the part numbers. Can someone that lives close stop in there and give them the part numbers to see if they can get the parts?:)

Performance Nissan
1434 Buena Vista Street
Duarte, CA 91010
866-214-2933

KPierson 08-16-2006 08:02 PM

Our 'big' problem has since been resolved. I was attempting to build a controller that would offer full tilt down functions for both mirrors. This added many different degrees of difficulty. At our last company meeting I gave an update report and it was decided to eliminate the 2nd mirror, but then offer the module at a low enough price that it would be feasable for people to buy two of them, IF they want both mirrirs to be controlled. Now, it's circuit board designing time!

mephistomyhero 08-16-2006 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by KPierson
Our 'big' problem has since been resolved. I was attempting to build a controller that would offer full tilt down functions for both mirrors. This added many different degrees of difficulty. At our last company meeting I gave an update report and it was decided to eliminate the 2nd mirror, but then offer the module at a low enough price that it would be feasable for people to buy two of them, IF they want both mirrirs to be controlled. Now, it's circuit board designing time!

Ah, that's good to hear! I've been waiting for these forever (well, ever since the first post, which was 12 pages ago!). Any idea how much roughly? Also, the mirror itself won't fold in like it does in Japan does it? I'm guessing no since that requires some sort of solenoid or servo motor? Anyways, this would be great and I can add the other little chips you guys created at the same time.

ajonas 08-16-2006 10:17 PM

Awwwww....that is good to hear!!! Not to take away from any hard investgation work previous people have done here (seems some are very territorial when it comes to that). But it's nice to have options and i'm still rooting for G35UKY!!!

G35UKY 08-17-2006 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Ah, that's good to hear! I've been waiting for these forever (well, ever since the first post, which was 12 pages ago!). Any idea how much roughly? Also, the mirror itself won't fold in like it does in Japan does it? I'm guessing no since that requires some sort of solenoid or servo motor? Anyways, this would be great and I can add the other little chips you guys created at the same time.

What about hooking it into the L-off-R control switch to control which mirror tilts? Would that help, or is it still the same as having both tilt at the same time?