Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
these would be great! can't wait

Old 01-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35UKY
Does anyone know of a way to add reverse tilt down to the outside mirrors for when the car is put into reverse? BMW has had this feature for years, and I know it is on the new M35/45 too. I am worried about curbing one of wheels when backing up.
yeah these are also on the Acura MDX, and it really doesn't make too much of a difference becuase more than likely you still have to adjust them for your personal needs anyways. All we have to do to get that same effect on our cars is just flip a switch and press the down button. It's not that complex. Our cars are heavy enough without adding another electric motor to make the stupid rearview mirrors go automatically down.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
yeah these are also on the Acura MDX, and it really doesn't make too much of a difference becuase more than likely you still have to adjust them for your personal needs anyways. All we have to do to get that same effect on our cars is just flip a switch and press the down button. It's not that complex. Our cars are heavy enough without adding another electric motor to make the stupid rearview mirrors go automatically down.
Um there aren't any motors from what I understand, just a module that controls the existing motors, window motors barely weigh anything anyways

Old 01-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Dam I Need That Very Hard To Park

Old 01-09-2007, 08:13 PM
So when is this thing coming out, and how much will it be. Sorry, was too lazy to read them whole thing.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
is this ready yet?

Old 04-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^^^+1
Or we just need a way (contact person) to order the OEM factory option one from Japan thats for the V35.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:55 PM
i cant beleive you dont have this feature on the infinity badged cars,
my 2004 skyline 350gt premium has it as standard, and to confirm for you guys....

both mirrors turn down when you put her in reverse (auto option only) you need a special switch for the manual car (located in the gearbox)
when put back into drive they return to the preset position.
the overide switch (for when you dont want them to dip) is located on the left of the steering wheel down by your knee (RHD car) its a small round button. the rear view mirror also is controlled by this circuit (dims when high beam is dazzaling you)

one thing you have that we dont is the cruse controll system (steering wheel controls) we dont have this at all and the oval clock, thats missing also.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to be cynical, but I hope this project doesen't go down the same road as that ellusive illuminated door sill project....

Old 04-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm installing a test unit this Saturday. I have a beta tester in Flordia who should be installing his any day, and I just sent a test unit out to a G35 sedan owner from the board. This product will be finished and availible to the public.

KPtechnologies has actually completed every product that has entered in to the beta testing phase.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:50 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by KPierson
I'm installing a test unit this Saturday. I have a beta tester in Flordia who should be installing his any day, and I just sent a test unit out to a G35 sedan owner from the board. This product will be finished and availible to the public.

KPtechnologies has actually completed every product that has entered in to the beta testing phase.
Thanks for the update....just hadn't heard from you since January.

Originally Posted by Dr Dave
one thing you have that we dont is the cruse controll system (steering wheel controls) we dont have this at all and the oval clock, thats missing also.
True, but you guys have the factory option Momo steering wheels. Wish they had those for us with the cruise, radio and bluetooth controls.
The oval analog clock is an Infiniti thing. It says Infiniti on it as well.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:55 PM
seems like a backup camera would be easier to find, install, etc... but i really do love this option on our bmw.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Inversed
seems like a backup camera would be easier to find, install, etc... but i really do love this option on our bmw.
Unless your backup camera is pointed at your rear wheels, that wouldn't do you any good.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Inversed
does the infinity G35 premium coupe not have the reversing camera as standard ?
what other options dont you guys have? i thought the american cars were better specced?

Old 04-19-2007, 10:28 AM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by Dr Dave
does the infinity G35 premium coupe not have the reversing camera as standard ?
what other options dont you guys have? i thought the american cars were better specced?
Reverse camera not offered in North America.
Nor optional power fold mirrors and/or tilt-down.
Nor under door puddle lights.

We do have the steering wheel controls as I mentioned before.
We also have RAS (rear active steer) option on 6mt's. Don't know about 5at's.
6 way power seats w/memory on drivers seat only 4 way (no memory) on passengers. Heated too.
Dual climate control, don't think V35's have that, idk.

You guys get REV light on 6mt's? 2005-2007 models only here with 6mt rev-up VQ's.
Think also, you get more HP than we do.

You guys with V35 get cool stuff offered where-as we get other stuff, guess more 'luxury' per-say.
Infiniti is Nissan's luxury sub-division. We pay more for those luxury items and for the name itself in comparision.
It's known as an 'entry level sport/luxury' vehicle here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors