Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It makes me wonder why turn signals on the mirrors don't generate as much interest as the tilt down mirrors.

If you think about it, if a driver is in the next lane from you and he is past your rear lights, he can't see you with your turn signal on, giving him a warning that you may be changing into his lane, since the corner lights don't blink unless you mod it.

Speaking of which, anyone know of JDM turn signal mirrors? Not the ones that simply go over the existing shell, but one that actually replaces the outer shell.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyshaker
It makes me wonder why turn signals on the mirrors don't generate as much interest as the tilt down mirrors.

If you think about it, if a driver is in the next lane from you and he is past your rear lights, he can't see you with your turn signal on, giving him a warning that you may be changing into his lane, since the corner lights don't blink unless you mod it.

Speaking of which, anyone know of JDM turn signal mirrors? Not the ones that simply go over the existing shell, but one that actually replaces the outer shell.
i was wondering the same thing, but i think the nissan site said it was for sedan's only. would it still fit on the coupes? anyone know?

Old 05-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Will this work in the sedans also? I'm sorry if I missed it in a post. If it does work in the sedans, you might post this in that forum too.

Thanks.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:18 AM
I just got another email from Yoshi san, and he is working on getting installation instructions and a wiring diagram. I, basically, told him that I would not buy it unless he can provide with this information.

I am pretty sure he will come through.

As far as the mirror signals, I will ask him about it once I get the mirror tilt and fold-in mod settled. I don't want to get too many things going and get him confused.

If you want, you can contact him about the turn signal mirrors:
J's Garage Export
Yo****aka Ikeda yosi@j-garage.com

I refer to him as Yoshi san.

Old 05-27-2005, 01:47 AM
Unless you're an aircraft carrier like an H2 or expedition, side blinkers are, eh a nicety (even though I agree they make you more visible). The auto drop mirrors, on the other hand, will save you about 2k in wheels when you run yours up and down a curb while parking.

P

Originally Posted by jimmyshaker

Old 05-27-2005, 01:25 PM
I gave Yoshi san one week to get the installation instructions and wiring diagram to show how this "parking support system" is installed. I'll get back to everyone as soon as I hear from him.

Old 05-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35UKY
I gave Yoshi san one week to get the installation instructions and wiring diagram to show how this "parking support system" is installed. I'll get back to everyone as soon as I hear from him.
G35UKY,

Thanks for putting the time into getting all of this together!

Old 05-28-2005, 01:19 PM
So where can we get the tliting mirriors installed?

Old 05-28-2005, 02:41 PM
your driveway?

Old 06-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by ChicagoG
So where can we get the tliting mirriors installed?
I am going to install them myself, but I would imagine that the dealer would be happy to rip you off...I mean install them for you if you give them the parts and installation instructions. I am thinking about telling my dealer about them so they can offer it to customers if they will install my for free. Even then, I still might install them myself. I just don't trust the dealer with my car! They don't appreciate it and respect it as much as me.

Old 06-08-2005, 02:34 PM
SGT
I am going to install them myself, but I would imagine that the dealer would be happy to rip you off...I mean install them for you if you give them the parts and installation instructions. I am thinking about telling my dealer about them so they can offer it to customers if they will install my for free. Even then, I still might install them myself. I just don't trust the dealer with my car! They don't appreciate it and respect it as much as me.
When are you actually going to get them?

Old 06-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Keep us posted on this, can't wait to see the results. If it works I am def. in.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by SGT
When are you actually going to get them?
I haven't ordered them yet because Yoshi san is now checking on the part numbers. They were different from what he originally expected so I am waiting for him to resolve this before I order the kit and only get part of it or the total wrong parts all together.

Whenever he figures it out, I am defintely going to order and install it myself, though.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by coupin827
Keep us posted on this, can't wait to see the results. If it works I am def. in.
It'll defintely work! It's just a matter of getting all the parts that are needed to make it work.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:19 AM
SGT
I haven't ordered them yet because Yoshi san is now checking on the part numbers. They were different from what he originally expected so I am waiting for him to resolve this before I order the kit and only get part of it or the total wrong parts all together.

Whenever he figures it out, I am defintely going to order and install it myself, though.
Nice, we're all eagerly awaiting it's arrival and installation. If this performs as well as it sounds, I'm definitely going to get it as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors