Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G35 Trailer Hitch is NOW available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
So about 2 suitcases in the trunk's worth? Or a load of groceries?
Two fully loaded suitcases would probably equal to it.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:07 PM
*ducking*

Hmm, well, I'm seriously thinking about putting a hitch on my coupe for the very reason of pulling a jet ski. I too have struggled with doing that to the car and have thought about the boat ramp issue, but I'm gonna try it anyway.

The thing is for me, this *is* my other practical car. I absolutely could not bring my self to buy a truck or SUV, and I already have a sports car that consumes my money and couldnt' tow anything... and I cannot afford 3 vehicles so the G gets stuck with it.

Though I will be sure that whatever I use is completely hidden if that means I have to fabricate it myself.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by carx7
*ducking*

Hmm, well, I'm seriously thinking about putting a hitch on my coupe for the very reason of pulling a jet ski. I too have struggled with doing that to the car and have thought about the boat ramp issue, but I'm gonna try it anyway.

The thing is for me, this *is* my other practical car. I absolutely could not bring my self to buy a truck or SUV, and I already have a sports car that consumes my money and couldnt' tow anything... and I cannot afford 3 vehicles so the G gets stuck with it.

Though I will be sure that whatever I use is completely hidden if that means I have to fabricate it myself.
Have a little hitch plug made from aluminum that compliments the car. A little 'G35' or the Mt Fuji. Really small and unobtrusive. If done right it could look pretty cool. The neck of the hitch could be black and the symbol polished aluminim - it would look like it was floating between the tails.

Just a thought. People behind you wouldn't even see the receiver...

Old 06-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Hitch Question,Again

How does this hitch attach to the coupe? The hitches I've heard about all attach to both the bumper frame AND the body under the spare wheel well. This creates a problem if you are rear ended. Even a slight hit to the rear bumper would damage the body under the car. Is the Curt hitch attached this way?

Old 06-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Risingsun124
Wow! I'm pretty shocked by the members who feel it necessary to tell someone to get another vehicle rather than to put a hitch on their car... Then to take it a step further and say if they can't afford to do so, they should have bought a different vehicle... Simply amazing to me...
Ummm...okay...why?

Old 06-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
ya as much as i dont think i should have a trailer hitch on my g35... it would be really handy for pulling our little kayak trailor.

Old 06-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I personally would never put a hitch on my G Coupe, but I don't really have a reason to.

If I was autocrossing or tracking my car, a trailer would be a great way to lug spare tires, tools, a cooler and a bike to the track or course for an event.

You see plenty of people put hitches on Camaro's, Vettes, and 3000GT's solely for this purpose.

Then again.. I have seen idiots pulling a huge boat in a Trans Am as well. Those dip****s should be shot on the spot, no questions asked.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by whyjay91
Ummm...okay...why?
Ummm... Because who are these people to say that? If you break it down for what they are saying, it is this:

"If you want to do other activities (even once in a while) and you need the ability to tow a trailer, you should purchase a truck in addition to your G35... If you can't afford to do so, you do not deserve to own a G35 and you should purchase a different vehicle..."

Or, "If you can't afford both, you can't afford a G35... You made the wrong decision..."

So why is this amazing to me? Because it amazes me that someone posts on here what they feel is a great opportunity for people in this position, and "these people" go and try to **** on their parade... Trying to make them feel as if they don't belong if they want to install a hitch on "Their" car...

That's all... Not take either side, I just find it surprising how some people feel they are in the position to judge what people should and should not purchase and to actually have the nerve to say they should have bought a different vehicle... How can one feel it's either their way, or it's wrong?

I personally would not have a hitch visible on my car, but that's beside the point... Just as I would not do certian mods some members do... In my opinon, I want to see the full spectrum of mods, whether I like them or not, because I feel that is what makes life interesting...

Would you have a problem understanding my thinking if someone were attacking a mod you did, and my response was, "I can't believe he said you should have purchased a different vehicle if you wanted to do this mod?"

Anyway, I didn't think I'd be explaining myself, but there you go...

Didn't catch this til now, but does your asking "Why" have something to do with your name? Ha ha!

Old 07-27-2005, 11:45 PM
<--12 More Years

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi, im new to the forum. I have a 04 Coupe for a year now and i LOVE it, but i just recently got a Jet Ski (becuase i got a great deal on it)and i want to pull it with my G. I know what some of you might be saying are you nuts?? Or get another car? But what if i really love the G35 and don't want to change it, and unlike some other members i dont have a wife with a SUV to do the job. I think the car easily tow a PWC. Are there any hitches out there for the G35 coupe that are not so big and ugly looking, i want something small that you could varely see. I check with a couple of shops in the MIAMI area but none have it for the G Coupe. Any ideas?

Old 07-28-2005, 12:18 AM
If any of you think that putting a hitch on a G is out of place, you should see some of the tow vehicles they use in Europe. You may see a Ford Focus pulling a big-a$$ camper. Their's no shame in using what you've got to get 'er done.

Old 07-29-2005, 12:49 AM
<--12 More Years

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I getting mixed feeling about this, I think the car has enough torque and power to do it. But if not one sells a hitch for a coupe, it might be cuz of a reason. Well, it could be becuase nobody has made it yet. Someguy is going to find out if they can make me a customs made one, he had one made for his Z28 Camaro. He also tows the ski with no problem. I gonna take sometime to think about it, at least until i find somebody that makes it.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah I need one too so I can pull my 20 ft boat.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:32 AM
To me a trailer hitch on a G is like a spoiler kit on an SUV(aesthetically speaking)... I guess you have to do what you have to do but I would just use a different car to pull stuff.

Old 07-29-2005, 12:14 PM
seriously, the G is a great car but its no porshe or corvette, ferari or whatever....its a daily driver....for those of you that can afford multiple toys, good for you. as for the rest of us....we make do with what we have....its not like the bike rack is hitched all the time....its on there for 2 hrs or whatnot and thats it....

Old 07-31-2005, 10:52 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Trailer Hitch is NOW available