Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G35 Trailer Hitch is NOW available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 11:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mmpotash
Interesting... They do carry a hitch for the Infinity G35... And we can't order it online. No price listed either. I wonder how much it costs.

The website says " Minor fascia trimming required". Does anyone have a picture of this hitch?

If this turns out to be real, and not terribly expensive, I'll buy one.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm....interesting. I guess if my car starts to slide down the ramp and into the water I can just boost to 14psi and popp the clutch. It should be just as pratical as an SUV.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:27 PM
<--12 More Years

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I been trying for many days to get a hitch for the coupe, I just gave up. U-Hault told me that they are working on a hitch for the G35 coupe but it could take like 4 months before it comes out (who knows when it will really come out). I checked the link that mmpotash posted but it shows no picture, or information on it. I also found a guy localy in Miami that says that he will custom made one for the car (I took him the car and he put it on the lift to look at it) but he won't do the electrical. It looks like nobody wants to touch the electrical on our cars, becuase supposely the computer or something on the electrical will blow. No even the dealer will do it, if i was to get the custom hitch from the local shop. So practically without the electrical i can't do it, f***. Well for now I took my girlfriend's Corolla and just had the hitch installed, at least I can tow the ski now. If somebody happens to know who will do the electrical or sell and hitch from the car, please share it with us here. Some of us really will like to have one on our coupes.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by RedG
Well I been trying for many days to get a hitch for the coupe, I just gave up. U-Hault told me that they are working on a hitch for the G35 coupe but it could take like 4 months before it comes out (who knows when it will really come out). I checked the link that mmpotash posted but it shows no picture, or information on it. I also found a guy localy in Miami that says that he will custom made one for the car (I took him the car and he put it on the lift to look at it) but he won't do the electrical. It looks like nobody wants to touch the electrical on our cars, becuase supposely the computer or something on the electrical will blow. No even the dealer will do it, if i was to get the custom hitch from the local shop. So practically without the electrical i can't do it, f***. Well for now I took my girlfriend's Corolla and just had the hitch installed, at least I can tow the ski now. If somebody happens to know who will do the electrical or sell and hitch from the car, please share it with us here. Some of us really will like to have one on our coupes.
The electrical is kinda weird on our cars. My first hitch the guys tapped it into my brakes/blinkers/etc and when I left I had to turn so I turned on my bllinker, and started to accel when the blinker was on. Next thing I know, power was cutting out every time the blinker blinked. We fixed it by getting one of those uhaul connections that only senses the signal from the lights and pulls the power straight from the battery. That fixed it and never had a issue again.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:40 AM
<--12 More Years

From what Uhault told me they dont make the electrical module for the coupe or even the sedan. Are you using one from another car G35_TX that does the job? Is it possible to get the Uhault part number of it? Thanks

Old 08-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by RedG
From what Uhault told me they dont make the electrical module for the coupe or even the sedan. Are you using one from another car G35_TX that does the job? Is it possible to get the Uhault part number of it? Thanks
Uhaul has no clue. The universal kit that goes directly to the battery is the one that works. I don't have the car or the kit anymore, so I can't give the part #. This was on my older 04 G35. But all I know is that it was a universal Uhaul adapter that works for all cars.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:12 AM
<--12 More Years

Thanks man at least that takes part of the electrical. No i gotta think if i really want that guy to do a custom hitch on the car. Im just scare it will be ugly looking.

Old 08-14-2005, 01:04 PM
...that's my fear as well- G35_TX, thanks for the pics (and glad I was wrong about a trailer pulling your G into the lake..)

Could you post a pic of G w/out the trailer hooked up so I can see what it would look like during "everyday" driving? I might want one just for putting a bike rack on... so very curious what it would look like most days. Thx.

Old 08-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Premier Member

You might want to check this out for pics. When I had mine done custom, it wasn't done very well so it showed more than this aftermarket one by Curt which wasn't out at the time.

http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=49

Old 05-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi Guys,

So the summer has hit and I really have been thinking of getting the ol' mtn bike and road bikes out, as well as possibly picking up a motorcycle. Well, my G coupe is my only vehicle, and since its my daily driver anyway, I think a trailer might be a good option. Anyone get this Curt hitch installed, and either have pics or can explain how it bolts to the car? Also, anyone have any further news on the electrical side of things?

I did find a price online. $106.

http://www.bageco.com/hitchlistscurt...istcu_infi.htm

Old 05-15-2006, 10:04 PM
And a little more info, it looks like its a bolt on component, no drilling required for the coupe(at least from this site it says that)

http://search.cartserver.com/search/...i+G35&GO=GO%21

Old 05-19-2006, 01:22 AM
I would def consider installing a small hitch to tow either a small open or enclosed trailer to tow trackday wheels/tires, etc...

Old 05-19-2006, 12:05 PM
IC Paul
It looks like my car might be here early.. End of May.. I love to ride my Road bike and with the "G" such a fun car to ride I am going to install this hitch. I will repost in a couple of weeks to let everyone know how it goes as well as some pics.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Hey iamdjpaul, did you get your car yet, and order one of those hitches? I'm planning on possibly doing some bike races in the summer, and now I'm seriously thinking of getting one.

Old 05-26-2006, 03:09 AM
<--12 More Years

Finally, I saw a coupe today with a hitch. I was talking to the owner, who has and 04 IP 6MT Turbo and 20" HREs in other words a sick ride. Well he said the hitch goes installed to the rear bumper, yes some drilling required.

He got it at: http://www.etrailer.com/products.asp...finiti&t1=&h=e

He uses it to tow the same thing I been wanting to tow for a while a Jet Ski, so it finally looks like our prayers were answered. He also said the car tows the ski with no problems at all, and never had a problem getting out of the ramp. (supposely his back tires never even get wet) but ramps have to be a bit incline (which all around here are)

Check out the etrailer site they have pictures and installation manual. It can hadle 1500lbs GTW and 150lbs TW which I think is definately enough for my ski.

Well, I'm seriously thinking about ordering one. However, I wanted to tknow what you guys think? It should be fine right?

One thing though no electrical whatsoever. This guy told me they fried his computer twice trying to hook up the electrical.....So I guess we can only have the trailer during day time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Trailer Hitch is NOW available