Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Does the G35 have a blank switch plate on the side? (re: JDM fog lights)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the G35 have a blank switch plate on the side? (re: JDM fog lights)

I wanted to know this because my wif e is interested in ordering an 06 and I want to add the JDM Fogloights. I wanted to know if it comes with a blank switch plate so I can mount the switch for them.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by RANDY350Z
I wanted to know this because my wif e is interested in ordering an 06 and I want to add the JDM Fogloights. I wanted to know if it comes with a blank switch plate so I can mount the switch for them.
Why would they???? The fog light switch is a fog light switch!

Old 09-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Blank switch plate? I'm confused as to what you are referring to...

Are you asking, if there is somewhere that you can add a switch to?

Old 09-13-2005, 02:28 PM
he wants to know if there is a blank which can be removed and a switch can be installed, whether for fog lights or whatever else. Some cars have a blank insert which can be removed to mount/install switches of all sorts. I dont believe the G has any 'blanks' so to speak...

Old 09-13-2005, 02:48 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Most cars have it. My car is in the shop now otherwise i'd check for you.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:27 PM
I have one on my Qx4, usually there is one of some sort. I know the Z had one next to the two seat heater switches.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:53 PM
WRAH
If anything it was used my the truck release button in the 2003.5 change

Old 09-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
yes there is.

2003.5 coupe. blank spot next to the hood release button where you can mount a switch.

i doubt you'll ever buy those JDM foglights. have you looked at how much they cost?

best of luck.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:28 AM
2006 will probably not have a knockout. Most G35's (aside from 2003.5) have the trunk release, VDC and dash light switches in the spots where the Skyline has a knockout. Skyline has the trunk release mounted low, by where the hood release is.

Couple things worth nothing...
If you opt for the '06 6MT, you will have the new fascia and Nissan's Japanese site has no mention of a new fascia piece to fit. No idea if that's what japanparts.com "later model" signifies now that they have two versions for sale. The switch included with the kit is for selecting between the factory foglights and the new HID lights. They are still controlled on/off with the fog light switch on the stalk. Also keep in mind the instructions are Japanese only and you'll need to find a spot to mount the included relays, like fabricating a bracket.

Old 09-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by helldorado
2006 will probably not have a knockout. Most G35's (aside from 2003.5) have the trunk release, VDC and dash light switches in the spots where the Skyline has a knockout. Skyline has the trunk release mounted low, by where the hood release is.

Couple things worth nothing...
If you opt for the '06 6MT, you will have the new fascia and Nissan's Japanese site has no mention of a new fascia piece to fit. No idea if that's what japanparts.com "later model" signifies now that they have two versions for sale. The switch included with the kit is for selecting between the factory foglights and the new HID lights. They are still controlled on/off with the fog light switch on the stalk. Also keep in mind the instructions are Japanese only and you'll need to find a spot to mount the included relays, like fabricating a bracket.

Who did your work here in Jersey?
How much was the install?
Did you have to cut the plastic mesh that is in the bumper opening to fit the HID or is there like double sided tape holding it in?

I have a co-worker going to japan and have him looking into some info for me and might have him pick up the hid fogs for me.
I'm in North Jersey so any input would be great

Old 09-14-2005, 12:51 PM
my 04 has a blank that i can pop out, down near the hood release.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Glex25
Who did your work here in Jersey?
How much was the install?
Did you have to cut the plastic mesh that is in the bumper opening to fit the HID or is there like double sided tape holding it in?

I have a co-worker going to japan and have him looking into some info for me and might have him pick up the hid fogs for me.
I'm in North Jersey so any input would be great
I spent about $600 on the install. It was done by Van Meter Auto in Wenonah. They're a full-service repair shop, not a tuner shop by trade and do mod work on a case-by-case basis. Keith, the owner, was shop foreman of Holman Infiniti for over 10 years before going out on his own. He and his top mechanic, Gerry, are both highly skilled and familiar with Nissan / Infiniti vehicles and do all my service. Excellent work. The job took them about 10 hours because they had never tackled anything of that nature before and nobody in the shop can read Japanese. It was not a cheap venture, but it was well worth it and their install was top notch.

The factory mesh has to be cut, the new inserts are held with double sided tape.

As you can see in the pic, they setup a bracket to mount the relays for me, and installed the fog selection switch in the engine bay on the JDM battery cover.