Notices

Steering wheel lights in '04 Coupe- EASY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Okay, I was reading this post and got very confused, can someone post like a step by step DIY for this mod, all I understood was that I need to buy an 06 or 05 steering wheel and strip wires out of it?
^ Yes, please!!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Me 2 please!!!

Old 03-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Meant to order this before; calling Tony in the AM.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know if a g37 steering wheel would work?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by accordfreak
did you lead a wire from the steering controls all the way to the steering column? must be a long wire if you did since the steering wheel has to turn from side to side. I'm trying to figure it out. I was planning to use an 05 clock spring. What did u do?

here's mine..

Ok, apparently I ordered the wrong switch. I ordered 25550-AC70A which came with the phone function buttons but what I wanted was the part pictured in Accordfreak's post. Does the premium part include the phone option because I didn't think bluetooth was available in 05 or was the premium just the finish on the switch?

Old 06-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Sorry to revive a dead thread but I am wanting to get a new steering wheela s mine is in rough shape at the 12 O'clock area but I also want the lighted controls. Can I get an 05 wheel w/o airbag and swap in my bag and mount it and be good to go or will I need to get an 03-04 wheel and swap in my bag and order controls separately?

Last edited by DyslexicG35; 06-11-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Does anyone have any information on compatibility?

Old 09-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Gilley
I got the part numbers for the cruise control and audio switches for the 05 steering wheel. My local dealer had one in stock and it is one part number for both pieces.

25550-AC700 for the non-premium equipped cars
25550-AC70A for premium equipped cars

I'm not sure what the difference is. The cost was about $83 but www.mynismo.com can get them for you cheaper.
I want to do this mod, however, I have a couple of questions:
What is the difference between these two part #s?
If the part # for the premium equipped cars includes the Bluetooth option, does the wiring harness in the '04 coupe accomodate this? (I know that the '04 OEM Bose system does not offer Bluetooth, however, I am also looking at an after market stereo system that would, so I would want to know if the steering wheel control would work by simply adding the PAC harness, etc.)

Also, how to you remove the airbag cover in the center of the steering wheel? (I am assuming that you have to do this to get to the center steering wheel nut to remove the steering wheel?) Does it simply pull off? Does it affect your airbag in any way (like make the warning light stay on, etc.)?

Old 09-17-2008, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by AustinG35
I want to do this mod, however, I have a couple of questions:
What is the difference between these two part #s?
If the part # for the premium equipped cars includes the Bluetooth option, does the wiring harness in the '04 coupe accomodate this? (I know that the '04 OEM Bose system does not offer Bluetooth, however, I am also looking at an after market stereo system that would, so I would want to know if the steering wheel control would work by simply adding the PAC harness, etc.)

Also, how to you remove the airbag cover in the center of the steering wheel? (I am assuming that you have to do this to get to the center steering wheel nut to remove the steering wheel?) Does it simply pull off? Does it affect your airbag in any way (like make the warning light stay on, etc.)?
I ordered the switches for this from Riverside and I am going to try this as well. The differences between the two parts is that thepremium one has buttons for bluetooth (70A part number) but the non-premium has the regular mode and power buttons (700 part number). The bluetooth buttons would simply function as mode and power on the regular 03-04 radios. You want the non-premium one.

As for removing the switches and the steering wheel - search for ITB05-033.pdf on infinitihelp.com. This is the TSB for removing the steering wheel switches.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Question

Fellow members,

To help answer a TON of questions on this particular topic (including MY own), would it be possible for one or several members that are very familiar with what will be required to perform this "Steering Wheel Lights" successfully, post the following information:

1.) NISSAN part #'s of the switches we'll need

2.) Create a D.I.Y. guide on how to [Take off the steering wheel] - (or point us in the right direction, the pdf on infinitihelp needs to be condensed and simplified - IMHO.

3.) Create a D.I.Y. guide on how to [WIRE the updated glowing switches] and post in the DIY forum, along with a link to it <here> within this topic.

That would basically give EVERY single member reading this topic, that decides that they would enjoy having the controls light up - a straight forward way to accomplish this.

If no one steps up and I SOMEHOW figure this out on my own, I'll def do the above. But hopefully some members will come together to help all of us wanting to do this mod soon and post up the required info and step-by-step guide to benefit us all.

Hopefully no one takes this as me telling anybody what to do - but takes it as a "Ok, let's just put the info out in a step-by-step fashion with ALL the info we'll all need to get this done, in a nice orderly fashion and maybe even post it up in the D.I.Y. forum as a "STICKY"!!!!

Thanks in advance to all that are willing to help get this accomplished!!!
DOMO

Thanks Guys!
-WoW

Last edited by WhiteonWheat; 09-17-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by WhiteonWheat
Fellow members,

To help answer a TON of questions on this particular topic (including MY own), would it be possible for one or several members that are very familiar with what will be required to perform this "Steering Wheel Lights" successfully, post the following information:

1.) NISSAN part #'s of the switches we'll need

2.) Create a D.I.Y. guide on how to [Take off the steering wheel] - (or point us in the right direction, the pdf on infinitihelp needs to be condensed and simplified - IMHO.

3.) Create a D.I.Y. guide on how to [WIRE the updated glowing switches] and post in the DIY forum, along with a link to it <here> within this topic.

That would basically give EVERY single member reading this topic, that decides that they would enjoy having the controls light up - a straight forward way to accomplish this.

If no one steps up and I SOMEHOW figure this out on my own, I'll def do the above. But hopefully some members will come together to help all of us wanting to do this mod soon and post up the required info and step-by-step guide to benefit us all.

Hopefully no one takes this as me telling anybody what to do - but takes it as a "Ok, let's just put the info out in a step-by-step fashion will ALL the info we'll all need to get this done, in a nice orderly fashion and maybe even post it up in the D.I.Y. forumn as a "STICKY"!!!!

Thanks in advance to all that are willing to help get this accomplished!!!
DOMO

Thanks Guys!
-WoW
Hey man - I'll take a crack at this first. I have the switches on order and I have taken the steering wheel off before so I think I'm good. I am pretty sure I understand what needs to be done but a fellow in my neighbourhood did this to his 04 and it turned out great (he is also an electrical engineer). If I get stuck, I'll ask him how he did it.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by elrooko
I ordered the switches for this from Riverside and I am going to try this as well. The differences between the two parts is that thepremium one has buttons for bluetooth (70A part number) but the non-premium has the regular mode and power buttons (700 part number). The bluetooth buttons would simply function as mode and power on the regular 03-04 radios. You want the non-premium one.

As for removing the switches and the steering wheel - search for ITB05-033.pdf on infinitihelp.com. This is the TSB for removing the steering wheel switches.
Thanks for that info, based on what you said, does this mean that the premium part #25550-AC70A which includes the Bluetooth button(s), does not include a separate Mode and Power button while the non-premium part #25550-AC700 does? Are there physically fewer buttons are on the premium part #? If not, then can the '04 steering wheel wiring harness accomodate all of buttons on premium part #25550-AC70A?

Last edited by AustinG35; 09-17-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Thumbs up

Hey man - I'll take a crack at this first. I have the switches on order and I have taken the steering wheel off before so I think I'm good. I am pretty sure I understand what needs to be done but a fellow in my neighbourhood did this to his 04 and it turned out great (he is also an electrical engineer). If I get stuck, I'll ask him how he did it.
^ You are the man!!!! - I think I speak for ALL (hopefully that's ok?) when I say "THANK YOU SIR!" - we all look forward to the DIY's and part #'s.

Thanks again Elrooko!!

Thanks Guys!
-WoW

Old 09-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by AustinG35
Thanks for that info, based on what you said, does this mean that the premium part #25550-AC70A which includes the Bluetooth button(s), does not include a separate Mode and Power button while the non-premium part #25550-AC700 does? Are there physically fewer buttons are on the premium part #? If not, then can the '04 steering wheel wiring harness accomodate all of buttons on premium part #25550-AC70A?
From what I have seen, the premium switches have the bluetooth phone buttons instead of the mode and power buttons. They may have dual purposes (i.e. the computer still uses them for power and mode) or there may be another switch somewhere that controls it...not sure. Anyone have a picture of the premium switches.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Ok, please keep us posted. I am going to hold off ordering the controls until I hear back from those with a DIY. Also, if you start a new thread on this, at least post back on this one with the new link.

Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel lights in '04 Coupe- EASY