Notices

My Quad Projector HLs! :D

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would be insannnnne!!

Cant wait to see those night shots =)

Have you considered adding any LED's to your light mods??

Old 08-25-2009, 04:28 AM
Can't wait to see them at night also! Good Work

Old 08-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Thx again all.

To answer something that has been brought up to me numerous times.... yes, I have considered adding LED's to my lights... It's just that I am waiting for some of my ideas to come to fruition before I go about it. I'm sort of a perfectionist and it is currently impossible to do the LEDs how I think they would have been done OEM, ... so... if all goes right hopefully I can reveal my idea in a month or so.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:54 PM
now you got me dieing to find out what your idea is!!

Seeing as how badass I think your first idea is lol.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Being the one that helped him with the whole project, i am the only person that knows what he wants to do. I basically just wanted to say that it is gonna make you all want to spend some monay! I want to do it to mine as well, but this is going to be one hell of a project. Working with Visibiliti is not what i would consider easy, simply because everything has to be perfect! I am a perfectionist as well, So i know how much it pays off to have everything done right. If anyone is considering having headlights done, Hit him up!

Old 10-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn man those are sick how much did this cost you?

Old 04-02-2010, 09:45 AM
hey bro i have a question 4 u seeing how u must know these headlights in n out i have been trying to figure out how to change the ltle bulb next to the fog light its like the clearance light or parking light and i cant seem to see the spot up under the wheel well is it there do u know??? or can u not change that lil bulb i have the 06 projection headlights

Old 04-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^ you can change the city light, from the wheel well you must unscrew the lower dust cap behind the foglight then reach in there and twist and pull the city light out IIRC....sometimes it's easier by tracing the wires or having someone else watch the front of the light as you trying wiggling different areas till you find the right bulb

Old 04-04-2010, 02:29 AM
thanx bro ima give it a shot tomarrow

Old 04-06-2010, 06:43 PM
These look amazing!! Great job, Clean look!! now make some for my sedan!! lol

Old 08-27-2010, 05:11 AM
which clear lenses did you go with? any idea how much work would be needed using fx-r lenses such as spacing and cutoff shield tweaking? on a scale of 1-10 how hard was it to mod the projectors to mount in the lower housing, lenses and cutoffs aside?

Old 09-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Subscribed 4 sure!

Old 09-17-2010, 02:16 AM
i have been reading your retrofit thread and have a few questions, how did you go about removing the lower reflector from the housing...it seems that only 1 out of 3 of the mounting points are accesible from behind the light? also regarding the m5 bolts and nylon spacer you used to mount the lower projector at the bottom, do you remember how long the bolts and spacers were? i might have some other questions as i get further into my own project but your thread has been a huge help, so thanks for everything

edit: visibiliti your PM box is full so i am bumping this, any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 09-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Ok. So for the lower reflector- the screw on the back of the HL assembly is for adjusting the pitch of the reflector. You physically remove the reflector from the inside of the headlight once you have it open.

Once you have it open, you will see that one of the three points was held in by something attached to the reflector that doesnt come off. Since you will not be using the reflector, you can replace it with a coarse thread screw connected to a spacer.

The nylon spacers I got were one inch long. The actual dimensions of them were linked to in another post I made in this thread I thought?

When you get the M5, get an entire length rod of it from a specialty screw store- that way you can cut it to length as you see fit / need it. That's what I did and it was super cheap that way- I bought a 3 foot long section of it.

Hope that helps

Old 09-18-2010, 02:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by visibiliti
Ok. So for the lower reflector- the screw on the back of the HL assembly is for adjusting the pitch of the reflector. You physically remove the reflector from the inside of the headlight once you have it open.

Once you have it open, you will see that one of the three points was held in by something attached to the reflector that doesnt come off. Since you will not be using the reflector, you can replace it with a coarse thread screw connected to a spacer.

The nylon spacers I got were one inch long. The actual dimensions of them were linked to in another post I made in this thread I thought?

When you get the M5, get an entire length rod of it from a specialty screw store- that way you can cut it to length as you see fit / need it. That's what I did and it was super cheap that way- I bought a 3 foot long section of it.

Hope that helps
I was just wondering if you had any m5 rods and nylon spacers left or if you can pick some up and ill pay you .Im having a hard time finding it locally.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Quad Projector HLs! :D