Flickering Left HID Headlight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turns out my ignitor was loose....

Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good info, my right headlight has begun to flicker and go out. This jus happened today. Have to check my connection.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
You would have to use the purest amount possible 99% or higher and you cant submerge your devices if you get rubbing alcohol in the LCD its will be fuged up. you only use rubbing alcohol to clean the actual mother board, chips inside with like a qtip. Rice works wonders and the safest way.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:26 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Adon
you probably bought bad bulbs, check all your fuses, I was doing custom work on my headlights as well one time, and accidentally blew a few fuses which resulted in my headlights acting weird and also my taillights and interior lights not working.

The culprit in my case was bad bulbs which drew different wattage than the OEM, thus causing a short and blowing a few fuses.

There are 3 fuse boxes to look for, one right next to the clutch or brake, one next to the battery, and the last one is tricky, it's hidden above the battery in a closed hard to find compartment.

I noticed that you said 3 fuse boxes. Does the 03 G35 Sedan also have 3 fuse boxes? I found two. The one next to the brake and the one next to the battery. Those were easy cause they're right there, but the third one.. I have no idea... above the battery in a closed hard to find compartment?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-26-2010, 10:55 AM
I know it's an old thread but i just installed hid fogs and changed the xenon bulb. The passenger side projector bulb is flickering for couple of seconds maybe 5 secs and stays on after, but the car is stored so i just plugged the battery and tried it. Do you guys think my battery is going bad since it's the oem battery since 07?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:57 AM
What to do!

I will admit, that I did go through three big puddles right before this happened, so I will try to pull the ballasts to see if they are wet but check this out.

After puddle romping I went home and shut the car off. About 2 hours later I came outside to find my projectors randomely flickering on and off (at full power, but only them. Not the lows or blinkers). So I got in the car and turned it on, and the projectors stopped blinking and came on like they should. So then I drive down the road to my parents and turn the car off and the same thing happens once the lights are supposed to go out. (Its almost like a paranormal cop looking blinking they are doing lol). So I check a few things under the hood and then watch them for a few more seconds before they stopped blinking. After that, they havent come on since. I am able to still use my blinkers and low beams but the projectors seem to not be getting any juice.

A. Could this be the switch terminals getting curroded? (But that would be weird that the puddles didnt effect it and that its purely coinsidental that the connection in the switch goes out after getting muddy, salty water up in the car. ( I know Im stupid for going through puddles, Please dont say it)

B. Can anyone tell me what would make both projectors furiously blink like that and then go out at the same time because of water damage?

These headlights are for an 06 with projectors that I plugged into my 05 about 2 years ago. Never any sign of the bulbs going bad, and theres no way that both bulbs went bad at the exact same time.

Thank you for all your help.

Josh

Old 09-07-2011, 04:11 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Bringing back an old thread but having the same issue...where should I check if the ignitor connection is bad..? On the ballast somewhere..?

Old 09-09-2011, 05:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got a flickering problem to. wen i go over a bump it flickers and wen i turn left, the passenger light goes off. and wen i turn hard they both go off, but id b able to turn back on by turning the switch. i havent had time to check the wiring yet but just wanted to get some opinions to

Old 09-10-2011, 05:57 PM
My experience with this problem is the bulbs themselves have gone bad after a couple of months. I have to step up to the better brands and avoid the cheapos.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:54 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by lij1
i got a flickering problem to. wen i go over a bump it flickers and wen i turn left, the passenger light goes off. and wen i turn hard they both go off, but id b able to turn back on by turning the switch. i havent had time to check the wiring yet but just wanted to get some opinions to
+1

mine only turns off / flicker when I go over bumps