Reverse Lights Not Working

Old 07-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black on black, stock.
Reverse Lights Not Working

Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance for stopping by and giving this a read, I appreciate it! I will try and keep this as short as possible but provide as many details as possible as well in hopes to resolve an issue I am experiencing.

Long story short, I was attempting to install a backup camera in my 2007 G35S. I was tapping into the reverse light wire but instead of seeing what wire connected to the light, I used a multimeter and checked which connection returned 12V when I put the car in reverse. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a spark that happened when trying to figure out the correct wire and the reverse lights are no longer functioning. Additionally, the instrument gauge cluster no longer works either. It's just black, no RPM, no fuel, no temp, nothing, just black.

I took a look at some of the fuses that could/should be responsible for this behavior but they all seemed ok. I'm going to check the rest of them shortly. Besides the reverse lights and the gauge cluster, everything else appears to work just fine.

The reverse lights don't seem to have a fuse but a relay instead and I checked that as well and it seems fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for why the reverse lights aren't turning on?

Thanks again in advance!

Old 07-09-2019, 11:15 AM
BANNED!!!
Received 823 Likes on 757 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Check fuses 6, 14, and 19.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Received 128 Likes on 121 Posts
Is your ca manual or auto transmission? Because they have slightly different circuity.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Black on black, stock.
Sorry, I should've clarified. It is an automatic.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by AKbo View Post
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance for stopping by and giving this a read, I appreciate it! I will try and keep this as short as possible but provide as many details as possible as well in hopes to resolve an issue I am experiencing.

Long story short, I was attempting to install a backup camera in my 2007 G35S. I was tapping into the reverse light wire but instead of seeing what wire connected to the light, I used a multimeter and checked which connection returned 12V when I put the car in reverse. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a spark that happened when trying to figure out the correct wire and the reverse lights are no longer functioning. Additionally, the instrument gauge cluster no longer works either. It's just black, no RPM, no fuel, no temp, nothing, just black.

I took a look at some of the fuses that could/should be responsible for this behavior but they all seemed ok. I'm going to check the rest of them shortly. Besides the reverse lights and the gauge cluster, everything else appears to work just fine.

The reverse lights don't seem to have a fuse but a relay instead and I checked that as well and it seems fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for why the reverse lights aren't turning on?

Thanks again in advance!

https://nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2..._Sedan/exl.pdf

See page EXL-64

EXTERIOR LAMP FUSE

Unit Location Fuse No. Capacity
Back-up lamp FUSE BLOCK (J/B) #4 10 A

Telcoman

Old 07-18-2019, 12:10 PM
Black on black, stock.
Hello everyone!
I would just like to say thank you to those who helped with this issue.
It was indeed a fuse! At first glance, it looked like everything was ok but after buying a power probe and going through each fuse, one ended up being the culprit!
Everything is back to normal!
I was able to complete the backup camera install and everything is working great!
Thanks again, everyone!

The following users liked this post:
Scorpi0 (07-19-2019)