Notices

Clearance lights, whats the big deal? *pix not for 56k*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 11:38 PM
► Matt ◄
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clearance lights, whats the big deal? *pix not for 56k*

So ive always hated how we could never get one even color light through the entire clearance light, IMO I think its a cheap design and doesnt do anything for the look of the g35, so I decided to take them out. I really like how it looks without them and my lights actually match a lot better without them. I think infiniti was thinking the same, and I think the 06 lights look a lot cleaner without the clearance lit.

Here is a few pics I took without them. I also put amber in my clear corner, I think it looks a lot cleaner, I used to have piaa extreme leds in both the clearance and corner.

Here is a pic of what I used to run, piaa led exteme whites, I cant stand how the clearance strip looked so faint and blue at bottom, it was so ricey imo.

I think the way I have it now looks really nice becuase it all matches (my fog will match my HID perfect when I install my H4 conversion). You really cant have all your lights matched with the clearance light becuase it just doesnt allow the light to travel to the bottom and create a nice even light (even teras dont do it). Just thought Id share my opinions. Have a nice day!

Matt

Old 11-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you don't like the clearance stripe, you can get the 06 projector headlights then.

Old 11-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Or you can pop in CCFL tubes...

https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting/71351-ccfl-clearance-strip-56k-no.html

Courtesy of PeteNJ:

Last edited by Gee Im Fast; 11-06-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i agree with you, none of my lights matched so i took them out also. hey where did you get the overlay for your sidemarkers? i cant find the link, thanks

Old 11-06-2005, 12:45 AM
Completely agree with you. I think the less lights the less ricey looking, especially if they don't have any function.

Old 11-06-2005, 12:50 AM
if the lights are stock, you can't call them rice... unless they're... shining in the wrong direction.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:07 AM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by visualfusion
if the lights are stock, you can't call them rice...
Why, a car manufactuer cant make an error, only the people who drive car can? Who made that rule? If your theory was true then those STI's and EVO's with the 16' tall wings cant be called rice.. becuase their factory installed.. hmmm

Matt

Old 11-06-2005, 01:15 AM
I see what you mean about the "ricey" look.....i have PIAA extreme's in my clear corners and i love how they look at night however during the day i hate the blueish tint from the bulb that appears.

But the amber is not a good look either in my opinion. Especially on Diamond Graphite. To each their own. You seem to know what your doing since you've put together a pretty sweet ride.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Or get a Caribbean Blue coupe and the clearance stripe LEDs will match perfectly.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:22 AM
I hate how we have four different color lights...
-sidemarkers
-clearance strip
-headlight
-fog light

I unplugged my sidemarkers. I wanted to unplug the clearance strip as well but didn't know how to get to the headlight. Do you have to undo the front bumper in order to unplug the clearance light? Is there an easier way that I don't know about?

Old 11-06-2005, 01:30 AM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by Nicholas GQ
But the amber is not a good look either in my opinion. Especially on Diamond Graphite. To each their own. You seem to know what your doing since you've put together a pretty sweet ride.
I am not a fan of the oem markers on DG either, thats why I am still using my clear corners. However I put back in the amber bulb so at night it matches the turn signal in the headlight, so I have 2 colors total up front
HID = 8000k
Fog = 8000k (I have the h4 conversion kit,this isnt shown I havent installed it yet)
Turn Signal = amber
Corner = amber (but clear during the daytime)

I think two colors up front is a hell of a lot nicer than the four colors we have stock.

Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
Do you have to undo the front bumper in order to unplug the clearance light? Is there an easier way that I don't know about?
Its a very easy install. Just turn the wheel and pop out a few of the push pins. Pull the fender liner back a bit, you can see them right up top, just twist them out, remove the bulb, and pop em back in and clip the fender back, takes about 5 minutes a side.

Matt

Old 11-06-2005, 01:36 AM
THE BATMOBILE
lookin good matt

Old 11-06-2005, 02:30 AM
looks cool since its now just the two colors at nighttime

Old 11-06-2005, 06:08 AM
Some people dont see clearance strips as being a problem at all. The ones that do, solve it by matching the color or modifying it to light up the entire strip. Some just avoide the whole thing all together and just turn it off. Personally, I like the clearance strip. It distinguishes our cars frong lighting from every other car on the street... just like how the Audi TT's have the lower clearance strips. And look at how Clearcorners.com tackled this "problem". They did an amazing job! Sure they charge alot, but they also paved the path for others to follow.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by visualfusion
if the lights are stock, you can't call them rice... unless they're... shining in the wrong direction.

I have to disagree. The taillights on the IS300 and the RX300 - 330 suck! They started the whole ricer revolution for taillights! It got so bad, that Lexus no longer has them on the new IS.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clearance lights, whats the big deal? *pix not for 56k*