The M-Spot For General discussion of the M35/M45

No Crank/No Start after it rains

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Crank/No Start after it rains

So for some strange reason, after it rains, I cant drive my car for more than a minute without my dashboard lighting up like a christmas tree. it would start to jerk a little and then when i shut it off it just wont start or crank.

i would try to start it hope for a whole day and nothing will happen

And magically the car will start up by itself after a while. it starts usually happens after I get it to the mechanic. (I dont know if vibrations from towing the car activated something again or if some parts responsible for this problem just dried out)...I AM CONFUSED!!

This is the third time I have had to tow this car.

I have tried the following

- We have checked the battery, at the time it was 12.4 to 12.2 volts.
- we checked the IPDM box and tested each for current
- we scanned the car, it brought some no communication with ECU error of some sort. I forget the code now...some u1000 and something 16. (the mechanic told me it maybe something with the ECU or IPDM
- checked battery terminal
- checked under the battery compartment for leaks,

also previously, I was dealing with a sunroof leak which has been fixed, this is that common sunroof leak affecting most G35/M35 owners. Now I don't want to believe this maybe affecting the ecu on the passenger side.

I firmly believe water plays a major role in this because this only happens after it rains or thunderstorms.

The car is currently working as I write this post. I am so confused and need help or suggestions.

Last edited by justmag; 09-10-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by justmag
So for some strange reason, after it rains, I cant drive my car for more than a minute without my dashboard lighting up like a christmas tree. it would start to jerk a little and then when i shut it off it just wont start or crank.

And magically the car will start up by itself. it starts usually happens after I get it to the mechanic. (I dont know if vibrations from towing the car activated somethign again or if some parts responsible for this problem just dried out)...I AM CONFUSED!!

This is the third time I have had to tow this car.

- We have checked the battery, at the time it was 12.4 to 12.2 volts.
- we checked the IPDM fuse.
- we scanned the car, it brought some no communication with ECU error of some sort. I forget the code now...some u1000 and something 16. (the mechanic told me it maybe something with the ECU)
- checked battery terminal
- chekced under battery compartment for leaks,

also previously, I was dealign with a sunroof leak which has not been fixed, I don't want to believe this maybe affecting the ecu on the passenger side.

The car is currently working as I write this post. I am so confused and need help or suggestions
Is the fiberboard shroud underneath the vehicle missing?

Old 09-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
Is the fiberboard shroud underneath the vehicle missing?

Yes it is still there, However, i do see some minor water at the front after it rains, this is because of a small crack at the front.