FORGED DISTRIBUTING presents SYSTEM FORGED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
So did they lower the price? I would think the difference in price between titanium and stainless fasteners has to be substantial, and should be passed onto the customer if it was part of the original price
When I had originally ordered I asked plenty of times.
Are these coming with Titanium Fasteners I was told yes.
No adjustment from the original price I was quoted and paid.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Glex25
I had to send a Pm and call them directly to get a answer to my question.

Supposedly The Ti fasteners did not meet approval in 7mm spec and to make them meet approval they would have to make it themselves in 8mm spec and that they would be just as heavy as the stainless so they are not offering it anymore on any of their wheels.

I was told through Pm I would get stainless fasteners despite what the site says.
I also called to confirm and speak as to the deceptive details of their product on the website when they are not offered and why they are still letting people believe that is what they are getting.
This makes no sense. Pound for pound, titanium is at least 2 times stronger than stainless steel, and about half the weight for the same sized screw. So there is no way that the titanium fasteners would be as heavy as the stainless steel version even if they made them the same size. If they were made to the same strength, then the titanium fasteners would be at least half the size of the stainless fasteners, and then be WAY lighter. Sounds like a BS answer to me....

Old 04-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Administrator
Redlude hence the emphasis that I made on the word supposedly

Old 04-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They way Forged Distributing has been handling (or more accurately: not handling) this situation is really disappointing. If I were GLex, I'd be much more enraged and would not be nearly as patient as he.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Originally Posted by Glex25
When I had originally ordered I asked plenty of times.
Are these coming with Titanium Fasteners I was told yes.
No adjustment from the original price I was quoted and paid.
This makes no sense. Pound for pound, titanium is at least 2 times stronger than stainless steel, and about half the weight for the same sized screw. So there is no way that the titanium fasteners would be as heavy as the stainless steel version even if they made them the same size. If they were made to the same strength, then the titanium fasteners would be at least half the size of the stainless fasteners, and then be WAY lighter. Sounds like a BS answer to me....
This not only does not make sense, it is a clear violation of contract. You were told Ti fasteners and you made sure. Perhaps you have it in writing on the order form? In which case you should act based on violation of contract/sale. Although they probably avoid giving anything concrete to the customer just so they can pull this nonsense. Instead they are making up some reason why they don't have what they promised and giving you some BS reason AND an inferior product for the SAME price?

Give me a break. This is utterly ridiculous business practice to the letter.

I don't believe for a minute that Ti fasteners did not meet approval, NOT for a minute. Ti is stronger and lighter than steel as redlude pointed out, but we're to believe steel met the specs but Ti didn't?? You (Forged) have to think we are all stupid as hell to swallow this nonsense. If they didn't indeed...why didn't they? Show us proof, otherwise it is as shady as the whole operation.
In any case (again to Forged), why did you tell the customer Ti over and over, and not inform him that it would be steel? I assume you knew Ti didn't meet spec for some time now as it has been on your site for much longer than a few weeks. Why is this an option on the website at all then? Why is the price unchanged? Why is there NO answer from Forged to the public?

This company is a joke to the utmost. I would cancel my order with them in a heart beat if I were you Glex, THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR MONEY IN THE LEAST. You received no price reduction, you got no actual clarification other than some story about how 7mm Ti fasterners don't meet spec despite assurances while making the sale.

No...what happened was that it cost too much for Ti for what they charge and not many people would realize they've been screwed so they strung you along with promises and now are expecting the same payment for a lesser product. I wonder just how many other customers are being told Ti and getting steel for the same price and never realizing it, just so they can make some extra money?

I dunno, maybe I'm stupid: a Ti shift **** is decidedly more expensive than a steel one, I'm fairly certain if I order anything in Ti and got steel, I'd expect a reduced cost.
Glex25, stand up for your self. This is your money. And on principal, cancel your order, and get some HREs or DPEs or any number of other quality wheels from some quality vendors that treat customers on this board and in general with respect and honesty.

I think the moderators need to really keep an eye on these guys and look into revoking vendor status as these ethical lapses and horrid stories will just continue with no response from the company and easy observed mishandling of customers. They have been banned many other forums for a reason and this forum shouldn't be a breeding ground for unethical business practice as well as direct and unabashed misleading of customers to regain a foot-hold in the industry.

No, Forged/System/360/Puff Daddy/P.Diddy/whatever new name is that you come up with to distance yourself from your mistakes and faults...your business started sinking for a reason. This will not be your opportunity to scam your way back. You have every opportunity to clarify and do the right thing and you show no signs of being a decent company or decent people. I don't care how many pretty pictures you take or how much revenue you blow on personal Ferraris and etc...learn to do business properly.

redlude, I know you have been watching this, but I urge you to protect the members on this board...we shouldn't need more and more stories like this before action is taken. I believe in second chances, but I think if you look at the (MULTIPLE) other forums and the actions by Forged on this one, they show no form of business ethics and increasingly poor customer service...perhaps removing them as vendors is warranted pending a legitimate explanation.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 05-11-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:19 PM
950 per wheel? whoah whoah whoah

Old 05-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
That's what I said in my first post. Almost one K a wheel and it looks like some third world country preteen with an electric wire brush finished it.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
950/ wheel? I'll stick with Works, or Volks. A company with a track history.

And whats with the sandpaper finish? LOL

Old 05-19-2009, 10:25 PM
So are you Ever gonna get the rims or what? lol
I think this company is a j/k

Old 05-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Forged DST has been busy with photoshoots and posting new threads and pics of other wheels, yet still no response in here.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by leojang
So are you Ever gonna get the rims or what? lol
I think this company is a j/k
Nope pretty much getting the handjob treatment and getting it stuck to me dry.

My boy ordered his wheels 2 months after me and he already got his wheels.
In my eyes just that action alone is a total slap in the face and throwing it in my face what they been doing to me.
I guess the way they saw it was that it was money coming in instead of my situation where my wheels are paid in full and is considered money spent.

Meanwhile I execute my plan to perfection and they throw a monkey wrench into it all. I had certain obligations to some companies and now I'm made to look like the bad guy and would never be trusted to do business with again. Not only has my car been gathering dust and left to the elements in its stripped condition , I have lost the company that was suppose to provide the tires, The company I was suppose to be testing some prototype suspension at Track events this season, and who knows when the bodyshop would be able to make time for me (that is just naming a few).

If you don't believe me I could round up enough people in the know that would vouch for how much $$$ you have cost me.
The G35 used to be my daily driver and I had to go buy another car just so I could get to work and do the daily running around.

By the time I get the wheels even if it was next week the car probably won't be done until September and that leaves me with 2 months before we start hitting the cold season. So in closing I would like to say to 360 forged (Forged DST) thank you for making my 09 season a year in which you have put me ,in the eyes of people I do business, in the same category as you (don't think I meant that in a good way either).

Last edited by Glex25; 05-20-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I cannot say that I am the least bit surprised. This is exactly what my friend went through and was forced to cancel and go through the whole charge dispute fiasco.

I am very to sorry to hear that you got the short end of the shaft, it unacceptable that their faults as a business end up reflecting poorly on you. I urge you to cancel and give your hard earned money to one of our much more reputable and deserving sponsors.

On a related note, I find it hilarious that they have time to post in the **** section of our forum but don't have the decency to reply here. Their method of business seems the same as before with a new group behind the wheel: Post fancy pictures, dupe unknowing and easily impressed members into placing orders while taking existing customers for granted with no customer service to speak of.

Can we please sticky this or more importantly move to prevent them from taking advantage of more members from this board. This is just absurd and the exact same BS that got them removed from all the other boards.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 05-20-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Their "Sponsorship" status should be revoked until this is all settled.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Administrator
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...5-19-09-a.html
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...5-19-09-a.html

I wonder why they update other sites but not this one

Pretty much what happened to me can be described what happened with one of their own vendors

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...t-pricing.html

Telling you that the wheels are ready just so you can finish payment then leaving you out to dry

Last edited by Glex25; 05-20-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Glex sucks that they cost you so much but why don't you take legal action?

If you have waited this long and cost you so much then hassle them... A phone call won't scare them but
A letter from a legal advisor could.. Its unfair that they practicaly Forced u to get a different car to go work
Its unfair that they cost u contracts with other business... They damaged ur persona and they have caused you
Stress and headaches they should have never done

I wouls file a law suit and see if they send your wheels or not

They also have false advertising which is liable for a suit also

Kinda like being triked which from my knowledge can be prosecuted if thereare enough cases

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FORGED DISTRIBUTING presents SYSTEM FORGED