Transgo Shift Kit = Smile + Chirping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice you got it on! I'm guessing the Z Car Garage GB never panned out?

Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ntrinsik
Nice you got it on! I'm guessing the Z Car Garage GB never panned out?
yup and yea he couldn't really give us a discount for some reason lol

Old 03-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
OK there IS one... but don't rely on it, nothing to brag about... check your tranny temps at any given time, lol. You might as well not have one...

I hate it when people pick one non-significant piece of info and just keep harping on it.
You hate being wrong? I just stated it...other members kept replying on what I said.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elayman
yup and yea he couldn't really give us a discount for some reason lol
Damn, lame. Mind PMing me how much your install was?

Old 03-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've installed VB upgrades on a few of my previous cars, i had a couple issues, once with the torque converter and once sheared the drive gear. They couldnt handle the stress of the hard shifts. ANyone have any issues with this mod and there G?

Old 04-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
I'm wrong at least 17 times a day. You just sound like my mother, that's all.
Hahaha...it's cool.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:06 AM
is a trans cooler an easy install or should I take it to a mechanic? Isn't it bad if the fluid is too cold, meaning if I drive it around without romping on it it won't warm up enough? I do live in CA so I doubt it'd be an issue with temperatures rarely ever below freezing, but just thought I'd like to know.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:06 AM
is a trans cooler an easy install or should I take it to a mechanic? Isn't it bad if the fluid is too cold, meaning if I drive it around without romping on it it won't warm up enough? I do live in CA so I doubt it'd be an issue with temperatures rarely ever below freezing, but just thought I'd like to know.
It's a must if you go to the track a lot, and it's recommended if you have a VB upgrade, you can either go with GTM trans cooler kit for something around $380 and they offer 3 difference size coolers for you to chose from, or you can go with Flex-a-lite (less than $100) tube and fin desgin oil cooler and it come's with all the hardware to install it, you don't need a mechanic to install it, just lift the front of the car on jacks, remove the front diffuser, and do it you're self.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by G35s-Q8
It's a must if you go to the track a lot, and it's recommended if you have a VB upgrade, you can either go with GTM trans cooler kit for something around $380 and they offer 3 difference size coolers for you to chose from, or you can go with Flex-a-lite (less than $100) tube and fin desgin oil cooler and it come's with all the hardware to install it, you don't need a mechanic to install it, just lift the front of the car on jacks, remove the front diffuser, and do it you're self.
I'll definitely go with the cheaper version lol. Can you link me all the parts required, and do I need to route any tubes back to the tranny, or do I just unplug the existing (or non-existent) cooler and use those tubes?

Old 04-03-2010, 05:28 PM
I'll definitely go with the cheaper version lol. Can you link me all the parts required, and do I need to route any tubes back to the tranny, or do I just unplug the existing (or non-existent) cooler and use those tubes?
Here's a link and it's up for you to chose the size, they're cheaper than $65:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/b.../?autoview=SKU

They come with all hardware you need, hose's, clamps, fittings, straps, you name it, but maybe you'll need a longer hose, you can check and see the transmission oil lines that goes into your radiator, i think the lower hose is the return line, everything is straight forward and easy.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by G35s-Q8
Here's a link and it's up for you to chose the size, they're cheaper than $65:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/b.../?autoview=SKU

They come with all hardware you need, hose's, clamps, fittings, straps, you name it, but maybe you'll need a longer hose, you can check and see the transmission oil lines that goes into your radiator, i think the lower hose is the return line, everything is straight forward and easy.
great thanks! what size would you recommend for a northern california daily driver and possibly a couple track days? I don't want it to be too cold right?

Old 04-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
You can install a thermostat that only allows the oil to flow when it reaches a certain temp.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:36 AM
great thanks! what size would you recommend for a northern california daily driver and possibly a couple track days? I don't want it to be too cold right?
I really don't know, i live in a country where the temprature can easily get to 122f during the summer, and it's almost a living hell everyday, all cars in my country comes with more cooling stuff, for example we got OEM trans. cooler, OEM engine oil heat exchanger, and our radiator is 10mm thicker than US spec cars, so i think it's up to you, i'd say check the weather at your place, how low it gets in winter, and how high it gets in summer, and chose the right thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Transgo Shift Kit = Smile + Chirping