New G Poster: Pics, and Wheel Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G35freaks
Spacers look great. 30/35?

I just got mine in 25/25 and I am thinking I should have went 25/30.
Preciate it man. They are 30/35 but the wheels are a +40 offset instead of the OEM G 18's (they are +30). So truthfully they sit like 20/25 (if you have the stock 18's on, even the 19" rays would sit very close to that way). If you are lowered any bit you would have rubbed with 30s in the back. So I think you went the correct route. Make sure to take pics once you put them on I wanna see your setup.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:00 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Copy,

Yeah I got the springs in today so I will be on stock rays, Z S-tech and 25 all around.

After getting the springs in I am pretty sure I will roll the fenders.... People told me so....but I was in denial.

Ill put the setup on tomorrow and I will post pics.

Last edited by G35freaks; 05-04-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Copy,

Yeah I got the springs in today so I will be on stock rays, Z S-tech and 25 all around.

After getting the springs in I am pretty sure I will roll the fenders.... People told me so....but I was in denial.

Ill put the setup on tomorrow and I will post pics.
Ooo that's gonna look . Ya, you will definitely have to roll em. I'm sure somebody's got a thread (how to: roll fenders) on here. From what I understand it's pretty easy with a heat gun and pvc.

I am gonna break down and get Z H-techs eventually, and I might even have to roll em. (I go up on three wheels every time I go up my driveway) Apparently the drop on G coupes (with the Z h-techs) is about .7-.8/.6 and I wouldn't have to get a camber kit. Kinda perfect for me since I have a brutal driveway and KC winters are also brutal.

My exhaust tips are already scraped to $h*t. I wonder if there's any way I can raise em closer to my rear bumper. I'm just gonna have to get new ones I guess. I also plan on getting a stillen CAI. The before and after as far as sound is amazing.
Car mods are such a slippery slope... smh

Old 05-04-2017, 03:44 PM
I have a roller from my 350 fenders I used that I will use on my G. I thought about Z H-Techs but decided to go a bit lower with the S.

I made the decision to ONLY do light suspension for the G and nothing else because I dumped some serious money into the 350 so no shiny exhausts for me + its my DD.

I say take an axe pick and shovel and level that driveway out

Old 05-05-2017, 04:10 AM
I have a roller from my 350 fenders I used that I will use on my G. I thought about Z H-Techs but decided to go a bit lower with the S.

I made the decision to ONLY do light suspension for the G and nothing else because I dumped some serious money into the 350 so no shiny exhausts for me + its my DD.

I say take an axe pick and shovel and level that driveway out
Ya, I need to get a roller. They are pretty cheap. Now that I think about it I may have to go with the z s techs as well, and just say screw it I'm just gonna scrape on the driveway no way around it. Already scraping @ stock height...

Are you gonna get a camber kit? BTW this is what I'm dealing with smh... As you can see there's no way around it... The city already did their best to level it out at the bottom, and they are **** about it.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Well, I painted my G35 and infiniti badges red. I wanted to remove them and just leave the infiniti logo initially but like I said before in my post, when the car was repainted they left the badge residue there when the painted over it so they would know where to put back the emblems. Not optimal but better than paying $250 to get the trunk lid resprayed and likely having it not match. Sorry for the shitty phone pics but I didn't wanna get the DSLR out cause I'm lazy.

After going back and forth trying to decide whether to get 350z htechs or stechs I've decided that I'll likely go with the htechs. I don't want camber issues cause this is my daily and tires are expensive. Also I'm already 1.3 inches away from the fender with my rear tires on uneven road. The 1.2/1.1 inch drop with the s techs would be cuttin it too close. The .8/.7 inch drop with the htechs should be perfect for me. I know i'll probably have to roll the rear fenders regardless of whatever I decide to go with.

Stay tuned for the blacked out bezels, new springs, and stillen CAI. I'll post a video of the before/after of the CAI exhaust node. That's mainly why I'm getting it cause everybody knows CAI doesn't do jack for performance.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Looking good, what CAI you going with?

here are the s-techs I installed yesterday so you can get an idea before you buy them.

wow your driveway is a beast!

The S-Techs will prob drop a little more once they settle, but this is the day after.

Last edited by G35freaks; 05-06-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:24 PM

here are the s-techs I installed yesterday so you can get an idea before you buy them.

The S-Techs will prob drop a little more once they settle, but this is the day after.]
That looks so clean. Are you gonna install a camber kit?

I am 2" inches away from the fender in the front and 1.5" away from the fender in the back. I wonder if anybody has ever ran s techs in the front and h techs in the back... Cause that's really what I need to be dropped the perfect amount... I bet I could contact z1 and ask if they could do that. But they probably don't sell two at a time.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:40 PM

The S-Techs will prob drop a little more once they settle, but this is the day after.
Forgot to say what CAI I was going with. It's the stillen kit. https://www.z1motorsports.com/air-in...it-p-4252.html Just ordered that, and I broke down and ordered the S-Techs lol. I will be low in the back and I'm gonna have to roll the fenders but it is what it is.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:12 AM
^^Ohhhhh nice!

Did you go Z or G S-Techs?

Old 05-08-2017, 12:17 PM
^^Ohhhhh nice!

Did you go Z or G S-Techs?
went with the Z stechs. Wanted to go with the stiffer spring rate. Super excited lol

Old 05-08-2017, 01:18 PM
You made a wise choice.....

No rolling required with my setup

Old 05-08-2017, 02:24 PM
You made a wise choice.....

No rolling required with my setup
Awesome. I'm anxious to see how close I am gonna get to spec on camber. I don't really wanna have to buy a kit... But I don't wanna have to buy new tires all the time either.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:25 PM
I didn't, there are a few that have not and have not shown any difference in tread after an alignment. There are also some that have so we will see.... I need new tires anyways so it will be my little experiment.

You installing them yourself or getting it done?

Old 05-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by g35KCguy
That looks so clean. Are you gonna install a camber kit?

I am 2" inches away from the fender in the front and 1.5" away from the fender in the back. I wonder if anybody has ever ran s techs in the front and h techs in the back... Cause that's really what I need to be dropped the perfect amount... I bet I could contact z1 and ask if they could do that. But they probably don't sell two at a time.
From what I've found - or what I have - the s techs drop the front more than the back, so if anything, you'd want s on the rear and h on the front. But really I think the S techs are perfect and you can trim the spring mount to level out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New G Poster: Pics, and Wheel Questions