New G Poster: Pics, and Wheel Questions

Old 06-01-2017, 06:12 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Received 1,422 Likes on 1,170 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
lol who's sleeping on the couch these days???

Old 06-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
lol who's sleeping on the couch these days???
lol anybody that crashes over. the smallest bedroom is for lingerers.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:28 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Received 1,422 Likes on 1,170 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Ha, love me some Friday Night Lights..........

Aimee Teegarden=ohh la la!!!

Old 06-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
Ha, love me some Friday Night Lights..........

Aimee Teegarden=ohh la la!!!
*Pineapple Express!

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (06-02-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 03:10 PM
some more pics.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:24 PM
some more pics. got em all baked back together and gonna do a little exterior headlight restoration tomorrow then get em back on.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by g35KCguy View Post
some more pics. got em all baked back together and gonna do a little exterior headlight restoration tomorrow then get em back on.

looks great man!

You put the springs on yet?

I'm taking mine apart maybe this weekend for some lightning mods, was it pretty easy?

Old 06-02-2017, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by G35freaks View Post
looks great man!

You put the springs on yet?

I'm taking mine apart maybe this weekend for some lightning mods, was it pretty easy?
nah hadn't put the springs on yet.

to answer your question, no. lol. it wasn't very easy. overall the whole project, yes... But there were two hard parts and the rest was easy.

(The DIY thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting/271544-diy-painting-your-headlights.html)

1. getting that fuggin clip unclipped from the back of the headlight without any wiggle room whatsoever. The headlights come out (once you get the 4 bolts removed) and they are still hooked up to the wire obviously. you literally have like 2.5 inches of room to slide your hand back there and try to unclip that clip because the wire doesn't have any slack in it. That clip is the type of clip that you have to force in before you can push out and the part you push in is on the bottom side. I don't know why the hell it wouldn't be on the top side to make it accessible.

But theres a way to do it that makes it a whole lot easier. If you take a flathead and force out the whole entire clip assembly as opposed to just the back part of it (you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it) then the whole clip assembly slides out off the track and it gives you about 3 more inches of slack in the wire so you can easily create force on the clip and slide the clip out.

Had I known this, it would have saved me about 45 minutes of trouble. Looking back, it said something about it in the DIY thread, but it wasn't that clear of instructions.

Pictures:

and 2. Knowing how long to bake the headlights. The thread said to only bake them for 7 minutes on 200 degrees. But I don't have that strong of an oven. So I ended up having to bake them for 20 minutes on 200. The glue was literally not even pliable till I baked them for 20 min. Once I got that timing and temp down I was able to get the first lense off and then the second headlight was easy. Be careful not to pull your bezels out until they cool down. Even then they are reallly breakable plastic (I cracked mine)

This is the part about it where everybody's oven is different. I think the OP of the thread wanted to be on the low (safe) side of temp and duration so people didn't end up burning their headlights or themselves apart lol.

At the end of the day, I would definitely do it again but it was without a doubt a learning experience.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by g35KCguy View Post
nah hadn't put the springs on yet.

to answer your question, no. lol. it wasn't very easy. overall the whole project, yes... But there were two hard parts and the rest was easy.

(The DIY thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting/271544-diy-painting-your-headlights.html)

1. getting that fuggin clip unclipped from the back of the headlight without any wiggle room whatsoever. The headlights come out (once you get the 4 bolts removed) and they are still hooked up to the wire obviously. you literally have like 2.5 inches of room to slide your hand back there and try to unclip that clip because the wire doesn't have any slack in it. That clip is the type of clip that you have to force in before you can push out and the part you push in is on the bottom side. I don't know why the hell it wouldn't be on the top side to make it accessible.

But theres a way to do it that makes it a whole lot easier. If you take a flathead and force out the whole entire clip assembly as opposed to just the back part of it (you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it) then the whole clip assembly slides out off the track and it gives you about 3 more inches of slack in the wire so you can easily create force on the clip and slide the clip out.

Had I known this, it would have saved me about 45 minutes of trouble. Looking back, it said something about it in the DIY thread, but it wasn't that clear of instructions.

Pictures:

and 2. Knowing how long to bake the headlights. The thread said to only bake them for 7 minutes on 200 degrees. But I don't have that strong of an oven. So I ended up having to bake them for 20 minutes on 200. The glue was literally not even pliable till I baked them for 20 min. Once I got that timing and temp down I was able to get the first lense off and then the second headlight was easy. Be careful not to pull your bezels out until they cool down. Even then they are reallly breakable plastic (I cracked mine)

This is the part about it where everybody's oven is different. I think the OP of the thread wanted to be on the low (safe) side of temp and duration so people didn't end up burning their headlights or themselves apart lol.

At the end of the day, I would definitely do it again but it was without a doubt a learning experience.
great info and thanks for the heads up! Be sure to post pics of them installed!

Old 06-03-2017, 05:42 PM
finished product.

Old 06-11-2017, 03:49 PM
#kccarsandcoffee

Old 06-30-2017, 03:04 PM
s-techs installed, ill take better pic later

Old 06-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Looks great! Those wheels are sitting pretty flush. Spacers installed?

Old 06-30-2017, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by G35freaks View Post
Looks great! Those wheels are sitting pretty flush. Spacers installed?
yup.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Took one last round of pictures today. The G is goin up for sale.