HRE 20" 540's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weight taken off of the suspension (unsprung weight) like wheels, brakes, suspension parts is of greater benefit than weight from other parts of the car. when unsprung weight is removed, the car will ride better, accelerate quicker, handle better, and brake in a shorter distance.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Car looks great! You can never complain about HRE... Baller status...

Old 01-31-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by CreativeAutoworks
Car looks great! You can never complain about HRE... Baller status...
So what on how much rims costs. People like volks, people like iforged, people like TIS......doesn't matter on how much a rims costs, it's all about how it compliment to the car.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by protocav
Well, thank you for taking the time to let everyone know.

G352NV: there are many factors that affect the size of the lip when it comes to making wheels. most people just go by offsets, but the actual profile of the wheel plays a big role (the shape of the spoke). two different wheels may have the same offset, but one may not clear the brakes, if put on the same car. iforged wheels are typically very flat, and have a lot of meat in the center. this is a good place to hide an axle. HRE's have a bowl shape in the center, which makes the center (cross section) thinner, and lighter but makes any hub or axle obstructions hard to accomodate. i could have just added more material to the hub length, but i would have had to come down a lip size or have the wheels be pushed too far out.

iforged has their new wheels which bow way out in the center, and the spoke tips curve waaay back in at the rim. sort of like the J5/J8 wheels, which allows for a big lip...the cheater lip. again, more weight.

my iforged wheels were 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10. my HRE's are 20 x 9 and 20 x 10.5 and the fronts weigh 3 pounds lighter, and the rears weigh 6 pounds lighter.
First of all, if you were serious about weight, then you shoulda gone with 19s.....in fact you shoulda gone with a Z. You posted a pic of your car on a forum so expect good and bad compliments...all I said was nice looking rims but they don't look good with the car

Old 01-31-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by TwoK4drSi
First of all, if you were serious about weight, then you shoulda gone with 19s.....in fact you shoulda gone with a Z. You posted a pic of your car on a forum so expect good and bad compliments...all I said was nice looking rims but they don't look good with the car

Only the first part of my post was for you...the sarcastic part. The informational part was for G352NV, to answer his question, and i hope that i have done that. Afterall, we all come here to gain more knowledge.

I am not overly concerned with weight, but i was just excited that i was able to get wider wheels and have them lighter than what i was replacing. If i was really concerned with weight, i would have gone with HRE's competition series. I certainly expected mixed compliments, but everyone who has seen them in person makes a big deal about how nice they look. I would never be insulted with comments on a forum.

How upset can i realistically be? Let's be honest, i get paid good money to work at a fantastic wheel company.

Thanks to everyone for your comments!

Old 01-31-2006, 02:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice wheels....i wonder how much your employee discount is?....any hookups for fellow forum members?...

Old 01-31-2006, 03:46 AM
WOW i love how the color matches the car. AMAZING.

Old 01-31-2006, 06:17 PM
man after looking at these pics lol im gona have to call dibs when you decide to get different hre's in the far future. lol

Old 01-31-2006, 06:23 PM
those are pimp wheels...good style with the lip

Old 02-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Mod Junky!
Nice wheels..but I think I liked your other ones better

Old 02-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by TwoK4drSi
So what on how much rims costs. People like volks, people like iforged, people like TIS......doesn't matter on how much a rims costs, it's all about how it compliment to the car.

You must seriously have a chip on your shoulder, where does, "you can never complain about HRE" have to do about how people like volk, iForged, or other wheels? If you didn't know HRE is the gold standard in custom wheels. To each his own, btw like I said before car looks pimp

Old 02-01-2006, 01:54 PM
not bad but i def would of squeezed more lip the g35 has like the best offsets to get huge lips.. its like a manditory thing now.. but hot wheels

Old 02-01-2006, 04:25 PM
z4s
Originally Posted by paranormal
not bad but i def would of squeezed more lip the g35 has like the best offsets to get huge lips.. its like a manditory thing now.. but hot wheels
These have large lips. They are 2" and 4" ... that is damn close to as big as any wheels is getting on the G or Z. The stepped lip loses its "depth" in pictures, you would really have to see this in person to realize the depth of these wheels.

RH J8, TSX Thruxston and AME Shallen wheels with cheater lips don't count.

I am speechless seeing all these comments. There are the nicest looking wheels that I have seen on a G yet (in person). I told protocav he sucks at taking pics, because I really think that these pics made the wheels look only so-so. There is something about this wheels that our cheap little Canon cameras can't capture ... they truly are stunning in person.

Jim

Old 02-01-2006, 05:10 PM
yeah i didnt look at the up close pic till now.. i can def see the lip is bigger than it looks from far away..

Old 02-01-2006, 05:16 PM
yeah...i dont get it...the most lip i have seen without a widebody is 5" and that only works with specific wheels...you all are trippin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HRE 20" 540's