OFFICIAL: Aggressive Wheel fitment FLUSH/STRETCH sedan

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
I think the law is that you have to have at least 2 finger gap in between you fenders and rims. I cant even stick one finger in between mine! I dont even think I can get my car key in lmao

Old 07-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
I totally get where you're coming from Johnny. I've had the coupe 18's one for quite a while and it's nice not having to worry about anything, even nicer that i don't have a front bumper so I don't scrape ever lol, just the y pipe or midpipe every now and then.

I remember once not being able to get into this one driveway and I had to call up the girl I was meeting up and tellin her to come out of the complex because I couldn't make it in. Later that night when I went back to the complex and parked on the street, I felt bad for how far she had to walk in heels from her apartment, lol. It's ok though, she was reimbursed.
Lol...

Originally Posted by STCLAIRWEST
Damn Johnny.....Sad to hear

To be honest with you, I love riding like this. The only way I wouldnt is if I have a beater.

My only problem is the cops, I got pulled over a month ago and was threatened if I didnt change my rims and raise my car I would get my car impounded next time. I still daily drive my car though
I love walking out and seeing my car with the wheels but but I can’t see how you love driving that low. I can’t park in the parking garage at work, when we go out on a group lunch im afraid of taking my car cause I know it will bottom out. I have to drive 5 -10 miles out of my way to avoid construction.

Honestly I want another beater car to stance. Right now I’m thinking an old e30 with a 1j swap or something. It would look cool and fun to drive and I wouldn’t be worried about beating it.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn Johnny.....Sad to hear

To be honest with you, I love riding like this. The only way I wouldnt is if I have a beater.

My only problem is the cops, I got pulled over a month ago and was threatened if I didnt change my rims and raise my car I would get my car impounded next time. I still daily drive my car though
WTF?!?!? The pig told you to change your rims? Hell na! I wouldve told him to pay for me some new rims! Wowzers!

Old 07-21-2010, 05:58 PM
I know all the detours around Toronto and dont have to park underground. I put on about 8000km since the rims came on and drive EVERYWHERE. I havent made any long trips yet though thats the only thing Im nervous about.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
WTF?!?!? The pig told you to change your rims? Hell na! I wouldve told him to pay for me some new rims! Wowzers!
Cops are haters in Toronto, especially if your in a low income area.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cops are haters in Toronto, especially if your in a low income area.
That sucks man!

Old 07-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys I had a few questions about wheel fitment and was hoping to get some answers from the experts! I recently have found a good deal on some MSR 093. The sizes are 20x8.5 and 20x10 with the offset being +24. I currently have my fenders rolled (but not flat) and I'm lowered on eibachs pro-kit. If someone could please tell me if these wheels would fit without too much modification and maybe a couple sizes of tires to take a look at it would be much appreciated!! Thanks

Old 07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
I think the law is that you have to have at least 2 finger gap in between you fenders and rims. I cant even stick one finger in between mine! I dont even think I can get my car key in lmao
so cops walk around fingering cars? Interesting.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Jamal, the two finger thing is bull ****.

You need to be a certain height from headlight bulb to ground. It's different depending on the class of car. I think ours is 23" so most of us are safe in court. Although I've never measured.

I haven't been stopped for being hammered and I'm not same way, I can't drive high again. Drop down that fat sidewall in the rear and see how dumpt you go lol

Old 07-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS

You need to be a certain height from headlight bulb to ground. It's different depending on the class of car. I think ours is 23" so most of us are safe in court. Although I've never measured.

I haven't been stopped for being hammered and I'm not same way, I can't drive high again. Drop down that fat sidewall in the rear and see how dumpt you go lol
Yup, it has to do with the minimum height of the headlight, but its pretty much impossible to go under the legal limit with the G., Ive heard, but have to confirm that there is a law regarding the fender not being able to go lower than the wheel (not the tire, but the actual rim) on the turning wheels (front obviously)

I was thinking of making up little laminated cards with quotes from the current Motor vehicle safety act printed on them that are most often argued by police when pulling over modded cars, then give them out to customers n friends lol.. now i just gotta go to the library and access the damn vehicle safety and inspection standards.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:56 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by Fabrikator
Yup, it has to do with the minimum height of the headlight, but its pretty much impossible to go under the legal limit with the G., Ive heard, but have to confirm that there is a law regarding the fender not being able to go lower than the wheel (not the tire, but the actual rim) on the turning wheels (front obviously)
Yeah I've heard of the headlight measurement law and it is pretty much impossible to be that low with our cars. I think the law related to the wheel is that no part of your car can be lower than your wheel, meaning that if your front bumper or side skirts are lower to the ground than your wheel (essentially meaning closer to the ground than the measurement of your sidewall) you can be cited.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
^oh you mean lock to lock? Yea if you can't go lock to lock on your steering wheel it's illegal. That was implemented for all the guys on bags and big wheels, cars like mine and Jamal's are very different because we can go lock to lock even while tucking tire lol

But yea, the way our headlights we can be laid out and we still pass I'm pretty sure. Whooo for stacked headlights!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Yeah I've heard of the headlight measurement law and it is pretty much impossible to be that low with our cars. I think the law related to the wheel is that no part of your car can be lower than your wheel, meaning that if your front bumper or side skirts are lower to the ground than your wheel (essentially meaning closer to the ground than the measurement of your sidewall) you can be cited.

Ive heard of that too, but to be honest I dont know which ones are true, cuz if you were running a 25 series sidewall you could be DAMN low to the ground and still be legal LOL.. but then again, im sure when they made the law, they didnt have that in mind. Id like to go research and find out exactly what the law is. Im sure quite a few of us are sick of being harassed .. of course the laws are going to differ from US and Canada, and in certain areas from state to state, and province to province

Old 07-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS

A lot of the cops don't even know the law themselves. I've had a cop tell me that the headlights have to be 22" above the ground (center of low beam). I've had ones tell me it has to be that and the lowest part of the body has to be 4" above the ground. I've even had a cop tell me that the previous one is bullsh*t. That the lowest part of the vehicle (body) has to be above the lowest part of the rims.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
That sucks. It would be best to look up your local statute and have a copy in your car with you in case some cop tries to enforce a law that does not exist.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Aggressive Wheel fitment FLUSH/STRETCH sedan