"California's Ill Sedan" - Juststance.com Featured Evaluation #7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 02:02 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
"California's Ill Sedan" - Juststance.com Featured Evaluation #7

I was lucky enough to be chosen for a Featured Evaluation on juststance.com. They select certain cars to be scored and ranked on the site.

Here is the result of my evaluation, I knew going in these guys would be very harder graders. I found their comments about my ride to be very interesting in some cases (click the evaluations tab if you want to read them).

Tuck and Poke - 7
Stretch - 7
Style - 8
Low - 7
Wheels - 7

Total - 36

http://www.juststance.com/featured/f...ias-ill-sedan/

My thank you's in the article:

“I particularly want to thank RRYDE (aka) caskyline, rookie, martyg35, bigc, RareJDM, AutoExplosion Body and Paint, OH6 G35, SxExCx, SouthBayGSedan, zackt69, ShanesG, dahkyne, damineg35, k67p67, RedSkylineGT, speedraver, ShanesG, OCG35, G35papa, ttrank, Gdup35Sedan, Calvin, heyitzalex and all my friends at g35driver.com and Wrong Fitment Crew. I also have to thank all those who support my photography: Canibeat (I’m one of Cib’s exclusive photographers), Stance:Nation, JustStance, and Fatlace.”

Last edited by CandlestickPark; 10-18-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
congrats Marcus!! i don't see how people could make any negative or questionable comments about your ride. what were some of the "interesting" comments??

Old 10-18-2010, 02:17 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by cremaster
congrats Marcus!! i don't see how people could make any negative or questionable comments about your ride. what were some of the "interesting" comments??
Thanks Rob. Here were some of the comments I found "interesting"

"The drop overall is not bad at all, but some more TucknPoke could be better." [not bad...LOL]

"Believe me, i like (some) *** cars, but unfortunately this just isnt one of them. The stance game is good and i can appreciate the effort gone into it..however styling-wise it is like one of those indo-chinese fusion restaurants because i cant work out what it is? Is it VIP? Euro? ***? Racer? Cant seem to work it out unfortunately."

"I've seen this car around the internetz before and I can't help liking...and not liking it at the same time. I am really feeling all of the engine bay work and the color of the car. I like that he has little to no chrome on the outside, but instead it was replaced with silver bits. I feel like the body kit is a little too....Fast and Furious? I would rather see the OEM front bumper with some kind of lip. I really think that what's killing it are the wheels. Even though they are NISMO's...I think they are a bit cheap looking since there are numerous knock offs with the same style. I would really like to see something more aggressive, maybe multi-piece on this car. Then maybe slap on some air? "

My thoughts:

I found it interesting that my car was even considered to have VIP styling, news to me.

I totally don't agree with the comment that I'm not low enough, would love to see them drive my car around for a day, I scrape everywhere on full stiff coilovers.

I do agree with the poke comments, wasn't expecting to score high there. I'm not running a ton of stretch on my tires, that's the way I like to run my fitment (some evaluators scored me high because I wasn't running a ton of stretch like everyone else).

People either love or hate the KuRookie, so I'm not surprised by some of the comments there.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:28 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
If the categories had a 10 point ceiling you got robbed. However, your car is still one of the "Illest" sedans in the country so fvck the haters and their comments. They're just jealous.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:31 PM
RS Motors Tuned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are some rather odd comments. How does the car look like the "Fast and Furious"? Also, in my opinion, the Nismo wheels looks great. Not cheap at all. Your car looks sick Marcus. I love it.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
uh, wtf?? hahaha idiots. you know what? i'm not feelin the lame, amatuer comments! i personally love the kurookie and contemplated many times about changing my nismo front out but don't want the hassle of scraping everywhere.

not low enough is moronic. people get so used to seeing bagged rides sitting at meets and think it's practical to drive around like that on normal, realistic roads. your ride is sick and those points, i say nay!! haha

Old 10-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Congrats Marcus on the eval. The Fast and Furious comment gave me a chuckle. Illest sedan in the country for sure!

Trending Topics

Old 10-18-2010, 02:51 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
I call shenanigans on 85% of the comments.

My evaluation of your ride is 49

My evaluation of their comments are....

Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
interesting feedback on Marcus' car....Didnt know the GT4s were cheap looking And more chrome?????

Old 10-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Received 467 Likes on 227 Posts
The comments are hilarious. Everyone has their own opinions. Some you could respect, but most of the negative comments are just HATERS burning inside cause your ish is tight. Overall, you have built an immaculate machine Marcus. Congrats Man....

Old 10-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Dope! Congrats, Marcus!

And as for those comments, I couldn't help but to laugh and shake my head.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
...However, your car is still one of the "Illest" sedans in the country so fvck the haters and their comments. They're just jealous.
^ This

Old 10-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Mixed feelings on the comments and after reading VIP in every comment, I feel like I have no idea what VIP is. I never once gave it a though.

To me its a clean build with a perfect drop and a little poke. Im glad the rims dont stick out 4 inches with stretched out tires. I wouldn't change a thing......well maybe those license plate bolts. haha

I had to comment on that guy who said the wheels were cheap looking. Who is that guy?

Last edited by naughty240; 10-18-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Infiniti G35 Sedan Nismo Aero Sport Package
Nice feature! LOVE IT!

Old 10-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by naughty240
Mixed feelings on the comments and after reading VIP in every comment, I feel like I have no idea what VIP is. I never once gave it a though.

To me its a clean build with a perfect drop and a little poke. Im glad the rims dont stick out 4 inches with stretched out tires. I wouldn't change a thing......well maybe those license plate bolts. haha

I had to comment on that guy who said the wheels were cheap looking. Who is that guy?
that was another point, VIP makes no sense here.

Congrats again on the feature!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "California's Ill Sedan" - Juststance.com Featured Evaluation #7