G57 Sedan Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 09:04 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
G57
Forgot to add - that sonic blue is an amazing color. Definitely my favorite color on the L's.

Old 04-27-2019, 06:40 PM
G57
Got an alignment done and have put about 140 miles on her. Half has been mostly short trips in town with a lot of stop and go traffic. I made a 70 mile round trip to work and back last week just to see how she would do on the highway. I still haven't taken the revs above 4K. I'm loving the exhaust setup. It's loud but not obnoxiously loud. Just sounds like a G35 with a nice V8 swap. I'll try and get some video up sometime but its not going to show how well it actually sounds.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G35x Sedan 4DR AWD
Originally Posted by G35Drew
Got an alignment done and have put about 140 miles on her. Half has been mostly short trips in town with a lot of stop and go traffic. I made a 70 mile round trip to work and back last week just to see how she would do on the highway. I still haven't taken the revs above 4K. I'm loving the exhaust setup. It's loud but not obnoxiously loud. Just sounds like a G35 with a nice V8 swap. I'll try and get some video up sometime but its not going to show how well it actually sounds.
1000 mile break in period

Old 06-01-2019, 01:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
PCM tune

I’m guessing the PCM that came along with the WiringSpecialities harness had a stock ls1 tune on it? Is that what you’re running now or have u tuned it further yet?

Old 06-01-2019, 08:34 AM
G57
I got the PCM with the engine I bought. It was already tuned to the mods on the engine and to run in speed density. I've made a few small idling adjustments to it with HP Tuners. I'd like to get her on a dyno one day to get accurate power numbers and to maybe tweak it a bit more. For now it runs amazing.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:17 AM
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts
1990 Mustang GT - 351W Lightning bored/stroked 383CI TFS heads 78mm Turbonetics huricane
Pretty cool build, definitely sleeper when it's not running! I like how they have made a plug and play harness to drop in about anything. Any idea how much the build cost on something like this is? Looks to be 20k +

The following users liked this post:
G35Drew (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 11:44 AM
G57
Its nice having some plug and play options as far as wiring and mounting goes. Definitely a plus for those that don't have the time, resources, and or no how to do it themselves.
I'm about 25K invested so far. No idea on hours or money spent on beer. At this point I don't think I'll ever sell her. Not 100% sure what the next move is going to be. I'm heading down to KY to LS Fest East in September.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So what’s left to do on the build?? Besides bless us with some exhaust/driving videos of course

Old 06-26-2019, 12:48 PM
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts
1990 Mustang GT - 351W Lightning bored/stroked 383CI TFS heads 78mm Turbonetics huricane
So about 50k including the beer... You definitely put in major hours building it.

G35Drew (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 07:40 AM
G57
I need new bumpers. The front is cracked pretty good below the drivers headlight. Gorilla tape is doing a good job holding it together. The rear bumper has some small dents as well as both fenders.

I want to take apart the instrument cluster and remove the VDC and REV lights.

The interior needs a good cleaning and I would like to find a G in a junkyard with a good black interior so that I can switch my tan stuff out. I'm also not a huge fan of the steering wheel, so that may go for some aftermarket one.

The engine runs great but I want to incorporate a catch can since from what I've read, the LS1's are notorious for consuming oil. I upgraded the valley pan to the LS6, but still need a can to catch the gunk. Also, I think my valve stem seals need replacing. When the car sits overnight, I get a little bit of oil smoke out of the exhaust. I'll probably throw a new set of valve springs in at the same time since this setup had about 60k on it when I bought the engine.

Besides that, no major plans as of yet. I'm moving to Florida at the end of the year so not a lot of time between now and them to do anything major. My harley truck needs a big Whipple....

Old 06-27-2019, 09:21 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I need new bumpers. The front is cracked pretty good below the drivers headlight. Gorilla tape is doing a good job holding it together. The rear bumper has some small dents as well as both fenders.

I want to take apart the instrument cluster and remove the VDC and REV lights.

The interior needs a good cleaning and I would like to find a G in a junkyard with a good black interior so that I can switch my tan stuff out. I'm also not a huge fan of the steering wheel, so that may go for some aftermarket one.

The engine runs great but I want to incorporate a catch can since from what I've read, the LS1's are notorious for consuming oil. I upgraded the valley pan to the LS6, but still need a can to catch the gunk. Also, I think my valve stem seals need replacing. When the car sits overnight, I get a little bit of oil smoke out of the exhaust. I'll probably throw a new set of valve springs in at the same time since this setup had about 60k on it when I bought the engine.

Besides that, no major plans as of yet. I'm moving to Florida at the end of the year so not a lot of time between now and them to do anything major. My harley truck needs a big Whipple....
So the cluster lights are all LED. Your best bet is to find the input wires for these signals and remove them from the cluster.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:53 AM
G57
Thanks for the heads up. I'll get the cluster out and do some tinkering to find which LEDs need to come out. Might as well get the airbag light out too if I'm going to change the wheel in the future.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'll get the cluster out and do some tinkering to find which LEDs need to come out. Might as well get the airbag light out too if I'm going to change the wheel in the future.
So a heat gun with a small tip that can concentrate it's heat on the LED then you just move the LED out of the way.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:51 PM
G57
Been a while since I posted on here. I still have the G57 and she's doing pretty good. Still chasing smoke on startup - I changed the valve seals about 6 months ago and it didn't make much difference. I ordered higher quality one piece seals and will get them on in the next week or so.

Once I get the smoke resolved, I want to get the body looking nicer. On the hunt for a black local sedan in a junkyard that I can grab some bumpers and fenders off of.

Last edited by G35Drew; 11-15-2021 at 10:48 PM.
Scottwax (11-24-2021)
Old 11-20-2021, 03:00 PM
G57

She needs an engine detail, been sitting for too long in my garage without any attention

Fantastic Beer from Sixpoint

4 valve seals done

ICT Billet coil brackets. Going to paint the valve covers red while I have them off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: G57 Sedan Build Thread