Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Extreme G
Here's my other G...

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
What are the specs on your wheels Extreme G. The size and offsets.
Love the color of your G.
Thanks

Last edited by GEE35FX; 01-31-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are some more pics i took today at infiniti, Btw i thought iwas funny because when i pulled in the owner, manager and sales people all came outside to look and were loving it, it was funny like they never seen wheel before or something! haaah

Name:  CIMG2857.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  179.6 KB
Name:  CIMG2856.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  163.0 KB
Name:  CIMG2854.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  183.3 KB
Name:  CIMG2852.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  191.9 KB

Old 01-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GEE35X
What are the specs on your wheels Extreme G. The size and offsets.
Love the color of your G.
Thanks

There 20 inch just floating around my garage . I order some spring for it, hopefully it well be here friday.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey marcel, i'm sorry to say but the more i look at the pics of your rims, the more i'm convinced that those wheels are not fit right for your car.

They are sticking out WAAAY too much. Unless you're gonna leave it at that height, those wheels are not gonna clear your fenders, in neither the front or the back. There is no way any shaving or rolling of the fenders will help tuck that much wheel in. You'd have to do some major fender widening operation out back to keep those wheels on with a drop. They are probably riding fine right now because they still have some room to move both vertically and side to side but when you drop the car, the front may be just inside the fender with the wheel straight but will probably rub when you turn it. And the rear will probably literally sit right on top of the tire(or very close to it) causing major rubbing or even stoppage of the wheel from turning.

I think someone already mentioned it but are you sure they didn't give you coupe spec wheels? Those rims look like they would be perfect on a coupe but not on the sedan.

I don't mean to be a killjoy or anything marcel, just thinking that you might've paid for ill-fitting wheels that are gonna cause you some problems later when you find out you can't lower it at all because the wheels will rub and scrape the fender everytime you go over a bump or try to turn your front wheel.

Disregard all of this if you're completely happy with the wheels and the way they are now, which it seems to me you are. You being happy with your ride is the main thing.

Happy driving!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:14 PM
well today i was driving around and i stopped on this like hill thing , when i got out i noticed my left side looked like it was dropped bc the left side was higher on the road bc it was a hill. so anyhow it looked like if it was droppeed but right under the fender . is taht how it would look if i dropped it? bc if so then it looks like it might ust tuck in with a little bit of fender rollin or somesort of minor adjustment

Old 01-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
looks really good dropped on 20s!

Old 01-31-2007, 10:57 PM
i believe it should clear once the car is lowered, since lowering also adds camber.
if those were on a coupe they would be sunk.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:37 PM
I think you guys are in denial there is no way you can safely dial in enough camber to get the wheel to tuck with a drop. The wheels were purchased from a coupe owner I recall marcel posting that he was going to buy the wheels from a coupe owner and I recall saying that this would be the out come. That's why we have the forums to help each other out before we do something irrational. I suggest selling the wheels to a coupe or 350z owner if you plan to lower your car. If you don't the tire wear will kill the tires and you will lose more money on a potential sell.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:47 PM
no they are new wheels, coupe offset is 25mm i beleive. i just went with a 10 rear which really amde it stick out much more than the 9.5 i think

Old 02-01-2007, 12:01 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by marcelkatz
no they are new wheels, coupe offset is 25mm i beleive. i just went with a 10 rear which really amde it stick out much more than the 9.5 i think
IMO, I would not get the tires to tuck by adding camber. As the others have said, 20" tires are not cheap and too much camber will wear out the inside tread. If you lower it, I'd suggest making sure the camber is within spec.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by perry05G35
I think you guys are in denial there is no way you can safely dial in enough camber to get the wheel to tuck with a drop. The wheels were purchased from a coupe owner I recall marcel posting that he was going to buy the wheels from a coupe owner and I recall saying that this would be the out come. That's why we have the forums to help each other out before we do something irrational. I suggest selling the wheels to a coupe or 350z owner if you plan to lower your car. If you don't the tire wear will kill the tires and you will lose more money on a potential sell.
+1. Compensating for a wide wheel sticking out by tucking the wheel into the fender with camber from lowering can be done within reasonable parameters. The amount that is sticking out in the rear is a considerable amount of tire to tuck, even with camber. And as terrycs has said, if majorly compensating for the stick out with huge gobs of camber does somehow tuck into the rear, you will literally be riding on the tires inner edge, which will ultimately lead to excessive and uneven tire wear/changing, undue stress on all suspension components and unsafe and limited contact patch of the tire.

However, if marcel was told that those wheels would fit and is made for the sedan, and marcel is completely confident that they will be able to tuck in the wheel with a drop by whatever method of modification to do so, then that is the main thing.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:46 AM
I can not speak for the shop where the wheels and tires are purchased but if the question was asked about offsets of the wheels we could have chimed in and said +35 offset all the way around on a 10 inch rim would not be a good choice for his car. I am using the +35 as an example because based on the pics it looks to be a +35 in the rear. If he can get the car lowered and not dial in so much negative camber that would lead to excessive tire wear than praise the lord! I just hate to see people get taken advantaged of and have problems later on down the road.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would not recommend shaving ANYTHING off the mounting pad of your wheels Marcel. Those are 1 pc. cast wheels and any type of modification could and will most likely compromise the structural integrity of the wheels.

If you really like the wheels, try dialing in a bit of negative camber like stated before, but be prepared to go through tires very quickly. As soon as you lower the car 1" to 1.5", the suspension will flex in and the camber will sit -1.75 to -2.5 degrees without you doing anything. That translates to approximately +/- 5mm of clearance. That should help you with clearing the fenders but you'll probably need to remove or shave down the inside lining of the feders to prevent rubbing when you have passengers in the back seats.

Good luck.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:34 PM
alright, thanks for the help guys. im going to take my car to automitvemods office with my springs and jsut do it all there and see what i can do without sacrificng my tiresssss . they said they can do it so we will see

Old 02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
dude...get a refund on the wheels and get somethin that fits properly. Tell the shop that you bought it from that the sh*t don't fit right and u want to order a new set of 20" black/chrome lip wheels. Get something with at least a 43 or 45 offset for the rear. Don't ruin your new car by cutting, pulling, and all this negative camber stuff!!! Do it and do it right! Tell the shop to order u new wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!