Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!

Old 01-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first off, if i wouldve gone with 9.5 the front wheels would not be flush, mine are perfectl flush ,
IMO i think that having the rear out a little is nicer than having the fronts in a little, plus it really looks good and automotive is taking care of it if i decide to flush the rears. im still thinking

these wheels are +40 offset which Sevas directly said these wheels would a 2007 G35 Sedan, these wheels are only available in a +40 offset so this has absolutely nothing to do with AutoMotiveMods

they told me it would be like this before i bought, thats why im not complaining, and its nothing taht i cant fix, i can tuck it in , or leave it. all i got to do is go to any shop easy as 123

Last edited by marcelkatz; 01-30-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by marcelkatz
tuck in and drop or just drop?

Looks pretty Sweet Man! Hope you can Drop it with those Rear Rims On? They look like they stick out Quite a bit out from the Rear Fenders!? But other than that love the Deep Dish Look! If you can drop it bet it would look even Better! Good Luck

Old 01-30-2007, 10:50 PM
im roling my fenders, how do you think that would work out if i get it done at a shop?

Old 01-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
im roling my fenders, how do you think that would work out if i get it done at a shop?
Check your rear fenders, they are already rolled.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:01 PM
The fenders are already rolled fom the factory. If you check the rear fender well, it's all flat. By the way, hands down becaus your car looks hella sick!!!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Check your rear fenders, they are already rolled.
LOL...You beat me by 1 minute. I was readng marcelkatz post so I replied and I seen your post come up

Old 01-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
first off, if i wouldve gone with 9.5 the front wheels would not be flush, mine are perfectl flush ,
IMO i think that having the rear out a little is nicer than having the fronts in a little, plus it really looks good and automotive is taking care of it if i decide to flush the rears. im still thinking

these wheels are +40 offset which Sevas directly said these wheels would a 2007 G35 Sedan, these wheels are only available in a +40 offset so this has absolutely nothing to do with AutoMotiveMods

they told me it would be like this before i bought, thats why im not complaining, and its nothing taht i cant fix, i can tuck it in , or leave it. all i got to do is go to any shop easy as 123
Marcel - It's really not about whether it's better to have the fronts in more vs. the rear out more. It's about whether the rims (both F and R) fit properly or not - PERIOD. The reason why the front rims typically aren't sized so they are perfectly flush up front is because the front wheels turn and typically more weight is over the front. Thus, this requires a greater amt of clearance to prevent rubbing during turns with full compression of the suspension.

As for Sevas telling you that these wheels would fit, I'll bet you they were thinking you had a coupe. If they insisted that they fit on a sedan and the only size they had were 10" wide rear rims +40 offset, well, they LIED.

Look, I'm not trying to p-ss in your cornflakes, but let's just be honest and call a spade a spade. It makes no sense to tell people that 20x10 +40 offset rims are properly sized for an 07 G35 sedan.

As others have already pointed out, the rear fenders are already rolled, so there is no easy fix to the wrong offset/size issue. You have 2 options, both of which may be necessary:

1. Shave the hub to bring the rim inside the wheel well more. This is not a very simple fix. It needs to be properly machined to exact specifications as even being slightly off a little bit will introduce vibrations. This is not a procedure that any rim shop can do. It needs to be done by a machine shop w/ the proper equipment. Still, even if you find a shop that does this properly, you can't machine off too much from the inside of the rim because this will weaken the area where the rim bolts to the car. You can perhaps shave off 5mm which would in essence create a 20x10 +45 offset rim. Since your tires stick out 1/2", it is unlikely that increasing the offset 5 mm would be enough to bring it flush w/ the wheel well. It would just bring it in 5mm which is equal to about 1/5".

2. Pay a body shop to flare out the rear fenders a bit. This needs to be done VERY carefully so as to prevent the paint from cracking.

Neither of these options are simple or easy fixes. Well, at least not as simple and easy as simply buying the right size in the first place. If Sevas doesn't offer the proper fitment for the sedan, it is better to go with another brand that does.

I'm not offering this advice to you as you have already made your choice and you are happy with it. That's fine. I'm writing this to bring just a bit of objectivity to this discussion so that people reading this forum will take these points into consideration when ordering rims in the size you have.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by Railgunner
More worried if that once I lower it 1.3" in the rear that it will camber in too much and if I decide to straighten the back wheels up then they will rub. I think Hiko's had 43+ rears and he says he barely clears so I'm thinking 40's might be pushing it.
I'm not too familiar w/ the G35 suspension, but based on my quick perusal of the various rear camber kit threads in this forum, dialing in less negative camber may not cause the tires to rub more because it appears the camber adjustment is achieved by installing an adjustable lower arm which pulls the lower part of the suspension in more to get more positive camber, and pushes the lower part of the suspension outwards to dial in more negative camber.

If this is the case, then dialing in a degree or 1.5 degrees of positive camber after lowering *shouldn't* cause the top of your wheel/tires to push further out towards the wheel well.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I'm not too familiar w/ the G35 suspension, but based on my quick perusal of the various rear camber kit threads in this forum, dialing in less negative camber may not cause the tires to rub more because it appears the camber adjustment is achieved by installing an adjustable lower arm which pulls the lower part of the suspension in more to get more positive camber, and pushes the lower part of the suspension outwards to dial in more negative camber.

If this is the case, then dialing in a degree or 1.5 degrees of positive camber after lowering *shouldn't* cause the top of your wheel/tires to push further out towards the wheel well.
Thanks for the info! I'm not a suspension expert. In fact, I'm learning more about offsets and camber than I ever wanted to know Given that I got these RIMs a week after the car 1st showed up in showrooms and guessed at the offsets, I'm lucky they fit at all!

When you say rear camber is adjusted by "installing an adjustable lower arm" do you mean that the rear camber can not be adjusted at all without doing this or just can't be adjusted "much".

Last edited by Railgunner; 01-31-2007 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:33 AM
Again, I have no experience w/ the G35 suspension, but based on my search on this topic in this forum, neither the rear nor the front suspension of the G35 has any camber adjustment built in. Thus, people buy aftermarket camber kits which adjust camber by shortening or lengthening the control arm in the rear.

This assumes that the 07 suspension is similar to the 03-06 G35 suspension.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Again, I have no experience w/ the G35 suspension, but based on my search on this topic in this forum, neither the rear nor the front suspension of the G35 has any camber adjustment built in. Thus, people buy aftermarket camber kits which adjust camber by shortening or lengthening the control arm in the rear.

This assumes that the 07 suspension is similar to the 03-06 G35 suspension.

The car looks great MK.

For my future reference, how will this change in wheel/tire size affect the handling of the car?

Obviously more traction on the rears with more rubber. But what about cornering and aerodynamics and the overall roadfeel

Old 01-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Railgunner
Thanks for the info! I'm not a suspension expert. In fact, I'm learning more about offsets and camber than I ever wanted to know Given that I got these RIMs a week after the car 1st showed up in showrooms and guessed at the offsets, I'm lucky they fit at all!

When you say rear camber is adjusted by "installing an adjustable lower arm" do you mean that the rear camber can not be adjusted at all without doing this or just can't be adjusted "much".

you should be able to adjust camber with the eccentric bolts.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:40 AM
there is no shaking, obviously at higher speeds there is a bit of vibration, but the wheels ride smooth and nicely , im surprised. handling is also better i noticed right when i got in. you really feeel the road more and have a little moer control. its a just a bit sportier feeling than the stock ones bc there is a bigger wheels with less tire height or w.e its called. used to be 50 now its 35 .

Old 01-31-2007, 12:36 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I would not shave down the hub, I would get new wheels. Seems like you are asking for problems down the road.

I have 20x10" +40 on my 04' sedan and with a 1.2" rear drop and rolled fenders they clear but with no room to spare.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:05 PM
ok im going to do that lower it and go from there.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!